Mangold vs Wilfork

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mangold Goldman, Jan 14, 2011.

1. HighFlyingJets

When thinking about Vince Wilfork, I cant help but think about big Kris Jenkins. Since last year, I've really wondered how good our defense could be during the playoffs with Jenkins as our NT?

I'll admit, we did strike gold when we drafted Pouha out of I believe Utah though. Pouha has to be the most underrated Jet in a really long time. I know Brandon Moore has always been underrated by the media / league, but I'm not sure anyone is as underrated as Pouha. I cant even remember the last time I've heard an NFL expert do so much as even mention his name when talking abour our defense. We've been blessed to of has Pouha as our NT over the past two years, but could you imagine our run D with Pouha, Jenkins and Ellis on the D-Line? Good lord.

Also, I know I'm getting off track here, but I got sick of the Manning being without both Clark and Collie talk. Never did I hear anyone bring up the facts that our defense was without two key leaders in Leonhard and Jenkins.

2. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Certainly in the 'unheralded' bracket. Hes also getting pretty old too at 31. Next years draft we have to get another project DT in. Tell you what though, imagine if we could convert Ducasse into a DT

3. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Nick Fairley!!!

4. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

Easily the better DT? What, for the 3 games a year he's not hurt or IR'ed? Wonder what he'd look like if he could ever play 16+ games a year like Vince?

Granted, for the handful of games he's actually played for the Jets, he's a monster, but he should be. He's gotta be the highest paid player in the game if you took his salary divided by # of games played.

5. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

What I meant. He plays a better game than Vince.