HAAA! Welker takes a jab at Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by discostu570, Jan 13, 2011.

1. mute

mute Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. Woody the Wabbit

Woody the Wabbit New Member

I wish he mentioned the Patriots have some holes to plug if there going to slow down the Jets running game.

3. Adventitia

Adventitia Member

Yeah. "gotta plug up the 3 hole, er... gap with large men"

Seriously though, it's hard to believe rex didn't know about the videos or the online profiles. This is what happens when you put shit on the internet.
    Also, pro NFL players shouldn't need stuff like this to get pumped up for a playoff game. The only thing that this stuff does is get fans and the media more amped.
    Finally, I don't see the whole "everyone thinks the Jets are stupid and classless" thing. At least here in MA everyone I talk to thinks Rex is pretty funny and seems like a likable guy. We just don't get why he says the stuff he does, but we love it. The other outcome of all the talk is that it raises people's expectations of the team. If Rex never said anything the NY media would probably praise him for his season. Now he will probably get torched if the Jets lose by 14 on Sunday when in reality it was quite a successful season.

4. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Lets put Revis on this 'dooshbag' and see how deep Revis can put feet in Welkers mouth.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH8_yHJNVd8[/YOUTUBE]

5. ManlyGenius

ManlyGenius New Member

Eric Smith has to focus a little less on getting 15 yard penalties and a little more on not getting torched every time he goes into pass coverage.

6. jb1095

jb1095 Banned

icwutudidthar

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Because they are totally unconcerned with the Jets game this weekend.

8. Sam-Adams

Sam-Adams New Member

I truely hope they listen to you. Do you really want Revis chasing him around 5 yards off the line of scrimmage while one of your weak (and I mean weak) safeties try and cover deep?

I didn't think so. This will come down to the Pats 3rd, 4th and 5th options versus the Jets 3rd, 4th and 5th defenders. I'm confident, are you?

9. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Yes...............

10. benhamean

benhamean Member

Buffoon? Nah...its the media.. The media totally took everything out of context...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You know, it works for Rex. I like him, and the players seem to really love him. But he has gone out of his way to be a whacky guy. No one from the media forced him into a wig, or asked him to bring out his 'supermodel wife' or yell about goddamn snacks. No one is responsible for the image of a buffoon other than Rex Ryan.

I think he likes it that way, personally. If he didn't, he wouldn't have put in all the effort to call all this attention to his buffoonery.

11. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Why, oh, why can't Rex be a dull, boring, lying cheat like some other coaches?

12. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

This wasn't exactly subtle! Well-done, for sure.

I will say, I was happy when I heard Welker doing this - it means they ARE thinking about it at least in a small way, which can only be a good thing. Maybe they get too caught up in that and lose some focus? Either way, it can't hurt - the Patriots are playing at too high a level to go anywhere but down.

13. The Mak

The Mak New Member

I really, really hate Same Old Jet Fans.

14. dubagedi

dubagedi New Member

Someone on barstool pointed this out, but it's dead on. This is totally the inspiration for Welker's foot rampage.

[YOUTUBE]0yXZRdeGHEo[/YOUTUBE]

15. benhamean

benhamean Member

"How Dare He"? Easy- Rex just does it.

Any other coaches do it? No. Clinton Portis USED to do shit like this, but no other coach bothers with props and whackiness.

We're talking about why Rex gets the 'Buffoon' label- that is why. In the context of his profession, he stands completely alone with regard to this shit.

You can love it or hate it or justify it or ignore it any way you want. But ANYONE, if given a list of all the NFL head coaches and asked to 'circle the buffoon' out of these 32, would pick Rex. Not because of media-bias or Jets hate, but because of what Rex has thrown out there, on his own, all season long.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Welker is wicked smart.

17. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

This! Posted that on Pats forums. 100% thought the same thing, chicken fucker.

18. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I think you'll find that benhamean is one of the many New England cockroaches currently smearing this fine board with their excrement.

19. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Rex Ryan is an outcast in the No Fun League. If the Jets went 4-12 the past two years we'd be calling for his head. Instead, he's 3-1 on the road in the playoffs. I think it's awesome.

Fuck the haters

20. IWillPeeGreen

IWillPeeGreen New Member

It is a personal matter, but Cromartie pretty much provoked this nonsense. Hell welker could've made kid references. Lets be honest, we would completely support one of our players if they did the same thing. It probably stung Ryan no doubt, but he can handle it, and anything goes with him