Rex Ryan Wired vs. Colts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 624, Jan 13, 2011.

1. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

After watching that catch by Braylon again... why was the clock not stopped after this play? His hand clearly hit out of bounds.

2. TexasJetFan

TexasJetFan New Member

I really hope Shonn wasn't mad that he didn't get the call on that TD. I understand that you're a competitor and you want the ball and he should, but to have a look of disgust after a TD doesn't look good at all.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Great Clip - Looking forward to seeing one next week after we fuck the pats up.

4. nyJETS0511

nyJETS0511 Banned

the conversation with schotty/rex is hysterical,,,,,BUT it says alot about schotty....he didnt
    know what to do....it was the blind leading the blind...and as came out sanchez had to tell him about the 1on1 Braylon had been getting

5. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I was thinking about it from a different angle. Earlier you heard Rex yelling about ground and pound - I assume he was drilling that into Schotty at halftime and thereafter. My guess was that Schotty wanted to find out what the boss wanted at that critical juncture in the game.

Apparently he just wanted to get closer and didn't give a shit how they did it.

6. Jets Dan

Jets Dan New Member

I think Rex shutting the hell up would be impressive. His media act has gotten old. Just focus on the Xs and Os, babe.

:jets:

7. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

I was confused on that also. His feet were in bounds but his upper body landed out of bounds. It's a legal catch but thought clock should be stopped.

8. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Just stop.

9. Denny

Denny Active Member

Rex was totally in Peyton's head. After he threw the touchdown to Garcon he glanced back at the Jets sidelines like, "Yeah, me vs. you fatty". I totally think he tried to outsmart Rex at the end by checking into run too much.

10. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

I can't rewatch the play, but in order for him to be down in bounds and allow the clock to tick, some part of his body had to be down before the parts that went out of bounds. I believe this is the way they look at it. If your knee touches the turf, then your body leans forward and your hand touches, you are in bounds because of the knee - providing the defender is touch/tackle you when going down.

11. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

I love our coach

12. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

"Miss one for once in your f%*^&(% life motherf*****"

13. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

The clock should have been stopped, and (as discussed on other threads) it could have been a very big deal, considering Folk's kicking from the right hash mark and it weaved in, just about three feet inside the right goal post.

If that play is called properly, the clock stops after Braylon's catch, and the Jets then center the ball with a run - calling a timeout before time expires.

Imagine if Folk banged the kick off the goalpost or if it is wide right by a foot or two? The refs' and booth officials' failure to stop the clock would have been a very big deal then.

14. ScotlandJet

ScotlandJet New Member

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Interesting. Thank you for the input. I was under the impression that if this scenario occurred & defender doesn't touch receiver, it's considered stepping out of bounds after the catch.

16. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

damn, now I'm confused again. So this was an error by the refs & clock should've been stopped?

17. fggrimes

Yes. Braylon got both feet down (for the catch) and then his arm touches out of bounds (out of bounds before his forward progress was stopped) under his own power (the fall after the completed catch.)

He wasn't touched "down" after the catch was made and he was not contacted before his hand touched the out of bounds line.

The clock should have stopped at that point.

Fortunately, we are discussing it only in the academic sense. However, I was surprised the replay officials did not buzz down (since there were less than 2 minutes remaining) to the ref during the time out to adjust the clock. Think about the consequences not only described, but I failed to mention, perhaps if that happens - Caldwell doesn't call timeout after the next play from scrimmage, but instead uses it to freeze out Folk (as I think most people assumed he would use the Colts' last time out for.)

18. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

we still had plenty of time to line up, snap the rock and center the ball

19. fggrimes

You are correct, there was enough time to do so anyway. I stand corrected. Just glad we made it, no matter.

20. nuker119

nuker119 New Member

Edwards should have been ruled out of bounds.. screw up by the zebra.. luckily it didn't cost us anything.

also seeing the flip for the first time.. very impressive indeed.