Yahoo Sports - Proof that Brady taunted the Jets. Now, so what?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dthomas53, Jan 13, 2011.

1. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

lol. Not to mention, like Braylon, he was smokin dat stuff and drivin' and cooda killed sambady!!!!

2. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

There it is again. The Human Centipede takes what HBO put on TV as gospel and didn't bother to look up the facts. You must be the last in the sequence and that explains your typing.

Did you know it was a breakdown between the safety and the 5th string CB who was supposed to jam Garcon at the line? I bet you didn't. But since Cro tried to catch him, he gets the blame.

I think this thread took a turn toward the ridiculous. I think the OP was trying to point out that the NFL and media outlets make Brady to be this holier than thou player and he isn't. He isn't any morally better than anyone else that plays in the NFL. That double standard is the only problem I have with all of this. Brady is crowned a diety even though he has more faults than a guy like Peyton.

Can Brady ball? Can he taunt? Can he get fired up, talk trash, and all that? Yep. And I have no problem with it. I say to my Jets HC and the defense. Shut him down and you will shut him up.

3. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

This has always been my view on "taunting" and why I hate those fag ass penalties. When I played any sport, I was always the loudest biggest trash talker there, and always said, you want to shut me the fuck up, stop me. And that's how I felt about others who trash talked!

4. jetzIII

jetzIII New Member

So true, but the media and the so called sports anaylist that sit behind the camera, ESPN or the other networks, just glorify the Pats and suck on Brady all day. I will not turn the game on until the kick off, who the hell wants to hear how the Jets can't keep there mouth shut and the Pats talk on the field.

5. Adventitia

Adventitia Member

Let me get this straight. You are saying that it is better to talk shit before the game than during it? As has been stated repeatedly, almost all players on every team say things during the game. The Jets players talk before the game to get THEMSELVES psyched up because they are worried about the outcome.

Cromartie - Weak link in the secondary who is scared to put a tackle down -> Talking shit.

Revis - Total stud who can basically take anyone out of the game -> Keeping his mouth shut and concentrating on prep.

Also, if you really want to look at pat's disrespectful on-field acts you should be talking about how they were doing the lights out dance after the chargers game. Or how about when McCourty was doing the flying jet thing after a TD? You are all so transfixed on Brady it is a little strange.

Grow a fucking set and quit whining.

6. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I hope he was saying if you want to act like a tough guy don't just do it behind the curtain. That's just another reason why I love our new coach and team, players are who they are and we see that.

Cotchery won't talk shit and is all class on the field. Bart is a psycho on and off the field.

Holmes talks shit too, gives great quotes. Tom is a little bitch, the only people he's called out in public are the pussy fans in NE. (haha, that was classic) Wants Patsy fans to be more like Jet fans.

7. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

It's official, I feel crazy! I fail to see why this would upset some of the NFL's most brash (especially before a game) team. Isn't this your current thing?

The concept of a "hater" always made me laugh, but I guess in some cases it applies. who knew. Then again, maybe it's me.

8. MadBacker Prime

You need to darken the head in your Avatar, it stands out.
    :up:

9. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

You do know Cromartie was ON that Charger team, right? Or did you start watching football 15 minutes ago? You do know that Cromartie (whose comments I am not defending, btw, just trying to make sure you come off as somewhat educated on what you are talking about) has said that his hatred of Brady and the Pats comes from that game right? And that he thinks he's an as*hole and has for a long time because of that game, and that his antics (yes they were taunting, even if Blessed Tom does it) in the Monday nighter elicited these comments about Brady, right?

And btw... we bitch and moan as fans that the modern players don't care about the game, rivalries the same way we fans do, that there is too much fraternization between rivals, etc... then a guy comes out and says, I think that guy on the other team is an as*hole, f*ck him, and we act like it's the worst thing in the history of sports media coverage.

Even BRADY knows its not that big a deal. So why the need to defend Tom? He does just fine, and trust me, he could give two sh*ts about you...

10. LWC611

LWC611 Member

Nothing speaks louder than victory!!!!

To the Jets I am respectfully requesting that all of the talk ends now. You have a fan base that really wants you to win this game. Not because it will take us to the AFCCG, but just because it is the Patriots. Going to the Championship Game is the icing on the cake.

I will never respect Bill Belicheck for being our coach for one day and running to chowderland. He thought so little of this franchise that he did not have enough respect just to decline the coaching job. This is a rivalry that has some pain, unfortunately over the past decade most of the pain has been ours.

As a fan, I want the Jets to win this game real bad. To the organization I say: Just shut up and play and shut up and coach because nothing speaks louder than Victory!!!!!

11. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

LEAVE TOM BRADY ALONE !!

[YOUTUBE]OvENB1btXC8[/YOUTUBE]

12. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

Wow, people sure love drama.

13. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Brady's a douche because he pretends he's above it all, when, in fact, he isn't (see OP... and comprehend this time).

Additionally, he's a douche because he's the beneficiary of the the greatest coach in NFL history, yet willingly accepts all the praise (i.e. BJs from the media) thrown his way.

Anyone who actually watches these games with just a hint of objectivity and football knowledge should be able to recognize it's ALL Bellichick. The routes, the scheme, the matchups, the selecting of players who DO THEIR JOB, etc. Brady's ticket to Canton was punched by Bellichick. But I digress..

14. MadBacker Prime

That's all well and good but our team talks from HC to 10 year Vet to rookies.

I love the Rex Ryan era, because he's ripping the SOJ mentality out from the SOJF's death grip.

Every Jet fan thinks Brady is an asshole, but we don't have a public forum to preach on. I love that Cro did that, don't think for a second that won't be in Brady's head. Who knows maybe he tries too hard to get the ball to someone Cro is covering.

Been my stance all along that it's just mind games, and obviously trash talk. I love it.

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit? I don't understand why people get so offended at trash talking in sports. It's sports, sports are built on trash talking. The amount of crap players say on the field during a game, you probably couldn't air 10% of it on TV.

So when Rex Ryan or Antonio Cromartie talk shit before a game, who cares? There's probably worse things said during the game.

16. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

....relliF

17. MadBacker Prime

That was a great line!!!

18. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Exactly!!!! Brady is by far the worst QB in the AFC, maybe in the league. He benefits from HOF coaching and virtually played with all Pro Bowl players his whole career. If Penny or The Sanchize© even had a quarter of what Brady was given, they would have more than doubled his numbers.

Why is this is so hard for people to see?! Plus, whenever people ask him about his play and how great he is, he always refers back to his teammates and coaching, but anyone who has eyes can see he is really saying me, me ME!

I'd take a Carson Palmer, Alex Smith or even a David Carr over Brady 10 times out of 10. dthomas53 knows what I'm talking about too, he at least sees the truth.

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

You are an embarrassment.

Objectivity and football knowledge? You don't display either.

20. Sanpetejets

Sanpetejets Member

hahahahah... what can we say... they all can't be winners... well done...