Jets vs. Patriots discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Hemi, Jan 8, 2011.

1. strngplyr

strngplyr Well-Known Member

lol'd alittle bit.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

3. goganggreen

goganggreen New Member

"deep personal intimate man to man relationship with Drew Bledsoe" holy cow...orange juice shot out my nose when i read this. its a beautiful thing...i believe they call it a BROMANCE. LMAO

4. gopats88

gopats88 Member

5. LolTolhurst

LolTolhurst Banned

Patriots 24, Jets 19...Jets cover

Rooting for NYJ tho, so g/l fellas

6. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Not sure if this has already been mentioned, but this is from Newsday's Neil Best on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/sportswatch

Sportswatch

1. More Cowher on Rex rhetoric: "At some point it kind of loses its luster." And from Dierdorf: "Rex needs a reality check, in my estimation." 5 minutes ago via web
    2. CBS' Cowher said Belichick will reference Rex comments behind closed doors w/his team. "I think I wouldn't have awakened a sleeping giant." 10 minutes ago via web

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Got StarCraft2?

I hate to quote myself but the "...how are you going to cover all those receiving threats..." argument is rediculous. Is TB playing behind Mankins & Light with the TE's on the Oline?

You can't have a 4 WR set with 2 TE's and an RB in. That leaves you with 3 OLinemen and the QB. Just trying to figure out the formations they plan on using. I know I only saw 3 pats games this year but I am pretty sure there are usually 5 OL guys in front of Brady for most of the game.

8. I<3FEET

I<3FEET New Member

True, both guys have has their respective personalities for years. Seems quite star-crossed that they would up in rival franchises.

9. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

Yeah- I've been to a lot of NFL press conferences and I have never seen any pre game PC that remotely affected anything that happened on the field at the game. It's all BS. I don't know why fans twist their panties over it.

The post game can ones can be interesting because emotions are higher and somebody is more likely to have a meltdown, but it's all just to give the press something to squawk about until next sunday. Means nothing.

That being said it is more fun to have a coach that has a measurable pulse. Seems most NFL fans take some kind of pride in their coach being emotionless robot. I saw the KC coach say "we have to go out there and play some football" before they got run over by the Ravens. Classy. Boring.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think the Jets have a HUGE edge no one talks about. Being the underdog is big. Both teams are equal if you ask me. The Jets being able to enter the game loose and playing with house money is an edge. Where the Patriots are the #1 seed, expecting to win, it could be an issue.

11. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

I hope Cowher dies.

12. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

He's really fucking annoying and so is Dierdouche.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

I don't think I've ever seen a coach who got his team to the divisional round of the playoffs two straight years criticized as much as Ryan.

14. nlam

nlam New Member

have u guys read that quote of Brady's after watching the second half of the jets-colts game?

"I was watching the second half and I was actually kind of pissed that I watched it because I didn't go to sleep until 3 in the morning," Brady said. "You just get riled up as I watch and then I start rooting for a team to win, and that's not really what I want to be doing."

haha i picture him wanting the jets to lose badly, and when they pulled out another ridiculous win hes in bed with gisele and he cant get it up because he's still so pissed the jets won. sorry for the random OT comment but still new cant post threads :p

15. bucknasty

bucknasty Member

If the pass rush can show up for one game this season please let it be this one.

16. GreenerPastures

I'm pretty sure he will.

I think Rex is like that guy at the party... You know the big ole loud baffoon slugging beers and playing quarters. He's a bit of a jack ass, but you like having him around.

Seriously, I'm torn on the guy. I don't want him as my coach, but I'm not convinced he isn't good for the Jets or for the NFL. Yea he talks too much, but he entertains us. He seems to have the respect of his players and coaches. He has pulled the Jets out of the toilet and made them competitors/contenders. So while I personally do not want that type of persona for my team, it seems to work for his team. And it pains me to say this... but the results during his tenure are pretty darn good.

The only thing that I can not figure out is LdT playing for him. Ldt, as all we Pats fans know is all about classy. he's classy, he plays classy, he pisses classy, he expects classy. He's just a classy guy. Yet he plays for Ryan and seems to respect him. And in as much as BB is not one of the more " classy " guys, Rex isn't either.

17. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I think they do keep mixing them up their offensive sets with the different receivers. That seems to have worked pretty well. Not just with the Jets, the Steelers had problems with it too.

18. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Players care more about winning then they do about being considered "classy".

19. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

How can they be equal. Look at the last 6 games of the season and the whoopin the pats gave the jets. Jets are far below the pats till you can show otherwise on the field. Talk is cheap. It's who you are now, not week 3 for nothing from week 3 means anything, so long ago for both teams and most of those who won on week 3 are at home waiting for the Jets/Pats game.

Win Sunday and you have bragging rights.

My question is how can the teams be the same and just 5 weeks ago AFTER so much talk like we are reading now, Jets show up like a bunch of high schoolers. Talk is cheap and on your part, just tell us why. I believe in any given day but Jets last 7 weeks has no been impressive outside of Bills/Indy

#739 patswinagain, Jan 12, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2011
  20. patswinagain

patswinagain New Member

Who went to the Dec 4th Pats - Jets game

What did you take from the game? What caused the domino effect?
    did you stay in the area after, favorite restaurant?

I suggest the Red Wing Restaurant in walpole on the left, red building and parking on the stadium side