where is our #1 pick Kyle Wilson?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Dec 7, 2010.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Skill position players take the most time to develop.

Just like WRs

2. p00ch0

p00ch0 New Member

A full year behind Revis should help him out alot.... out of curiosity, does anybody know if Revis has been working alot with him to try and help him develop? i know certain physical attributes cant be taught but in all honesty Revis isn't that physically gifted, just a very smart player and understands how to play CB.

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Revis said he'd mentor him, and then held out.

I can imagine Revis has been helping him since he returned to the team.

This isn't an easy scheme to learn, and Wilson was snake bitten earlier in the season. He needs time, so we give him time.

4. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Still does IMO.

This pick....... well lack of a number 3 CB can really hurt this week. Pass Rush? I know.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He showed pretty good potential Sunday. That was easy to see. They didn't try his side that much. They attacked Cole most of the day.

He should be ready next year.

6. FEO

FEO Member

we need a pass rush to help are DBs but we at least need to give kyle wilson another year and a half

7. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Wilson has been pure garbage on the field.
    Coverage, Special Teams everything sucked.

That said, I was watching him this past week and he made MAJOR improvements.

I had mentioned earlier in the year that his hips and footwork were beyond bad
    This week however, not ONCE did I see him get caught flat footed which had been a big problem earlier in the season.

If he continues to improve, he may actualy become a servicable player.

8. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

The Bills game showed the Jets and should have shown Jets fans what Wilson can do when he is playing against the sideline...like a #2 CB...like the position he's actually used to playing. A lot of people don't get that playing inside on a slot WR is completely different from playing outside on a #1 or #2 WR. Wilson is struggling because he's being asked to do something he was rarely asked to do before. Revis had the same problem when Mangini played him at nickel his rookie season. Of course Revis' struggles weren't as bad as Wilson's but not everyone is going to turn out to be the best CB in the league.

The game is starting to slow down for Wilson and when he gets into familiar territory he can pick up his production.

Indianapolis delenda est.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I mentioned this in another thread....but I thought Wilson blanketed Steve Johnson pretty well....Wilson stayed with him step for step on a couple GO routes.

Wilson is improving...he'll be even better next year.

10. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Johnson still burned him pretty bad before he fumbled.

11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

I didn't say he was perfect....he's showing improvement from where he was at the beginning of the season.

I thought he did a pretty decent job on Sunday.

12. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Kyle Wilson got minimal game reps in his rookie season which will slow his acclamation to playing in the NFL. We all know rookies that play more in their first few seasons get to see different looks and are better prepared. Kyle would need to get more reps before anyone could make any judgments on his potential. Not to compare him, but McCourty and Vontae seen a lot of reps as rookies and are playing at a high level. This could be a direct result of an advanced skillset or plenty of reps. In short, The Jets need to find this guy some on the field time or he'll be going the route of gholston.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

I would feel a lot better about Saturday's game if Wilson had shown improvement throughout the year. We added him and Cromartie just to be able to match up against teams like the Colts.

14. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

The CS had thought he'd develop into a great nickel corner, but it turns out that his main strengths lie in being on the outside. Good insurance should Cromartie or Revis get banged up, but not exactly what we were hoping for.

15. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

In Rex' defense A LOT is asked of a CB. Right off the bat he was playing DB musical chairs due to the absence of Revis. In camp rotating around from #2, to nickel back, to slot, all over basically.

This no doubt hurt his development in a already complex defense. Tough assignment as a rookie to go man to man on a NFL receiver right out of the gate.

I'm impressed with his coverage ability, it's just his ball awareness that needs some work.

16. Long & Winding Rhode

Sean Smith also got a lot of reps in his first two years. How did that work out?

17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

most definately, Kyle has a knack for sticking to his man like glue. otherwise he wouldnt have been in a position to get flagged so many times early on this year. Once he learns to turn his head around, he will be intercepting passes left and right.

18. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

They got time because established, high caliber players weren't ahead of them on the depth chart.

That last sentence is stupid, because Wilson loves football.

19. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I'm pretty sure that long play was on Coleman, but not positive.

20. surviveone

surviveone New Member

you are correct