Hey Rex, if the Pats were running up the score...DO SOMETHING !!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Dec 7, 2010.

1. 624

624 Banned

Probably the people that read that one sentence by some random reporter that said that...instead of watching it for themselves.

2. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

re: 8 man blitz. ok fair point.

i don't know, maybe its me but when i hear about going after a player when its an out of control game i just automatically assume cheap shot.
    probably not in the context that some here meant.
    and yeah, what's the worst that could've happened? brady picks it up and throws a touchdown? at that point it might have been worth it, lol.

as for moaning... yeah i'm with you on that. he came out and explicitly stated he was outcoached and they were outplayed. hardly moaning.

3. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

The NFL should implement the Mercy rule. Once the Pats went up 38-3, the game should have been stopped. It was obvious the jets had quit at that point. Why hurt the players feelings?

Grow up! The pats could have run it up, but their last score was with 9 plus minutes left in the 4th. WTF were they supposed to do? Take a knee? Punt on 1st down?

Running it up would have had them score 2 more times in the 4th, rather than running the ball into the middle of the line for little to no gain with a guy that hadn't seen the field since early September.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

tell a player to hit him no matter how many steps it takes to get in on him after he throws the ball, yes, that is beyond inexcusable.

but send crazy blitzes to hammer his ass legally should have been done until they stopped passing the ball. who cares if they score 70 if we lose either way. but hit the fucker.

5. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Oh what a humorous day of threads and posts!:lol:

6. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

If the Pats ran it up,it was because of Rex' big mouth and not being able to back it. That being said,i didn't hear him complain in the presser.

7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Moaning or mentioning it, same thing.

I agree....he didn't DWELL on it like some others have. Rex took his punishment -- I'll give him that.

8. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

yeah i'll concede that. a few posts earlier i mentioned that when i hear that i just assume cheap shot, and that's on me.

9. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

no, the OP did mention hit him even if it was a penalty; that you don't do.

10. gopats88

gopats88 Member

Exactly. This is what in my mind keeps all the other teams above the ravens/steelers of the league. That, and the fact that Jets players don't act like Goodell and the refs purposely went out of the way to lose this (and every other) game for them.

and BTW, I was puzzled when I saw this thread, because I watched the postgame and never saw Ryan moan about anything.

11. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

agree.
    the crazy blitz part, i've been interpreting that as cheap shots too, and thats' not right.

edit:
    i'm guessing those that think he was moaning were going off the newspapers and didn't see it. that's the only thing i can think of, as the post game was pretty clear.

12. BillyD0123

BillyD0123 New Member

Tom Brady's response

Brady was asked about the point differential he replied "I don't give a F@#! what the scoreboard says"

13. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

He commented on the 'running it up' bit.

Didn't dwell on it but commented on it....I've seen enough press conferences in 40+ years of watching them to know he was irked.

But he was clearly more irked by his team's performance.

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

He took verbal shots at Belichick?