How confident are you of beating the Pats after this injury?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by srqman1, Dec 4, 2010.

1. Jserr4802

Jserr4802 New Member

The reality of the "leonardless jets", I think the secondary will be better, Eric smith is a physical player, more hits, better coverage, should be much improved....wait and see

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

uh oh, somebody snuck into daddy's liquor cabinet.

3. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

lol

dude doesn't even know his own team.

i guess you became a fan this year, because clearly you don't remember the pats getting their ass handed to them by the ravens

4. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

When did Phillip Rivers start playing for the Patriots?

5. Brady_champ

Brady_champ Banned

figures a jet fan would like Rivers.

Rivers=crybaby

Only way he's MVP is if you get 10 bonus votes for being in the retard division. 6-5 record in the AFC East=....fish. dead fish, needing a miracle to make playoffs.

6. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I don't really like Rivers, but he's the best QB this year IMHO.

I think it's hilarious you're calling Rivers a crybaby though when you root for a team QB'ed by Tom Brady.:rofl: Do you even watch football?

7. Tailgater

Tailgater New Member

Smith takes more chances than leonard. While he'll lay some licks on the receivers, i think he'll miss more tackles, and give up a lot more YAC than Leonard would.

I expect it to be a repeat of last year in Foxboro. Close game into the 4th qtr, then the Pats pull away.

8. Professor Frink

Are you really saying that you believe Eric Smith is an upgrade in terms of coverage? Are we talking about the same Eric Smith? He is good for a couple of big hits, but he doesn't have the instincts and isn't as sure of a tackler.

I really gotta laugh at the people who are saying the secondary will be better, yeah the Jets are better off without him, that's why he has only been off the field for six snaps all year.

The Patriots are a bad team to lose your top communication guy against, they run so many formations and do so much movement that they really challenge you to stay on the same page. Honestly, this couldn't have happened at a much worst time.

9. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

We lose a major factor on the field with Leonhard due to the fact he did on the field calls. i dont know who is going to step up but im sure someone has to. also, auburn successfully used a clipboard system on the sidelines last night for its offense. i think ideally leonhard has something he can do from the sidelines to help the calls.

this isnt as much as losing a major play maker (but it kind of is, the mans good, then again so is most of the defense) its more like losing air traffic control.

that said, jets still win by 6.

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Eric Smith is calling the defense and I'm confident he'll do very well in that aspect of what we're losing with Leonhard. He's not the athlete that Leonhard is though, and we'll take a step down in the coverage skills even if Leonhard isn't the best in that category.

This is nothing but wishful thinking. Smith is definitely not better than Leonhard in coverage, in fact he's definitely worse from what I've seen.

11. Jakethesnake

Jakethesnake New Member

The Jets will treat gillete stadium like a giant toilet, when we win we should make Ladyboy and bilashit eat eachother out.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Eric Smith is def. a step down in the coverage dept but in the fuck somebody up dept he's top notch.

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Jets secondary is much stronger without Randy Moss.

14. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Jim L is a loss,but i don't feel any less confident. There is always someone on the side looking to ear thier stripes. No better game than this one! I feel fine about it. Just run the ball alot and blitz the hell out of brady ane we'll win.

15. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

Really? I think your "best offense in the league" had it's chance against a much more wounded Jets defense in Week 2 and couldn't get it done. They actually got BLANKED in the 2nd half of the game. Against a Jets defense with no Jenkins, no Pace, and no Revis... and now somehow you think you'll come out on monday night and have a better performance just because we lost a 5 foot 8 inch safety?

Y'know what I think? I don't even think it's gonna be a game bro... I think your team is just going to get manhandled and soundly beaten. I think you're gonna lose even worse than last time. I think the Jets need to make a statement here, and they ARE gonna make it.

#75 Wizard Of Odds, Dec 5, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  16. Wizard Of Odds

Wizard Of Odds New Member

I mean to be honest I've had enough of this. I've been listening to this for a couple of days now. I mean somehow the loss of Leonard is greater than the loss of Jenkins, Pace, Revis, and Holmes in Week 2??? What are half these sports talk people on right now? There is absolutely no way the Pats win this game... I mean they haven't got one chance in hell of winning it and yet all these fools think they're gonna win?

35-17 Jets. Put it in the book.

17. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Agreed. We match up well against teams like the Pats who play soft. Their O Line is soft, their D line is soft with the exception of Wilfork. We will physically manhandle them all game.

18. perfectpackage99

I just hope the Jets don't discuss anything in the locker room as the cheaters have microphones in the locker rooms to spy on opposing teams,

19. Professor Frink

No, I don't think we'll have a better performance just because you lost Leonhard. I mean, sure I think losing a guy who is on the field for 99% of the snaps and replacing him with someone we have all seen plenty of bad football from will have SOME impact, but that's probably just because I'm a homer Patriots fan :wink:

No, I think the Patriots will have a better performance because, quite simply, I think the offense right now is playing much better football then it was in week 2. I don't think you can count on Brady throwing at the same guy regardless of coverage, like you saw in week 2. This offense has averaged 38 points a game the last 3 weeks and is now going up against a defense that all year long has struggled to pressure the QB and cover the middle of the field.

It's pretty clear to anyone who knows about football that this game could go either way, and there are a plenty of reasons why the Jets could lose this game. But it's always fun to head over here to TGG and read posters such as yourself try to deny it.

20. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This game could absolutely go either way. Leonhard was always reliable and always in the right spot. But Smith is a very smart guy, I trust him for the most part to clear up communication problems. He's not as good a cover guy, but he'll hit people. Pool needs to step up though.

This game worries me because the Jets haven't really been clicking. Part of me thinks they've been going through the motions a little and then pulling games out late. They know they can't do that this game. Our offense has a ton of weapons and should be able to put up a lot of points on the Patriots. Our defense has done a very good job against Brady under Rex, and with a healthy Revis and no Moss, there's no reason the Jets can't contain the Patriots' offense.

I keep wavering on this game because Brady at home is so good, and I respect the hell out of him even though I hate him. But I just feel the Jets have a better chance of putting up points on the Pats than the Pats do on the Jets, and we'll be able to pull out a win.

We just can't commit a million stupid penalties and give the game away. The two games we lost this season, we had stupid turnovers, bad dropped passes all the time, and a million penalties. Keep those to a minimum, and the Jets are the better team. New England does a better job of staying disciplined.