Al Harris released (Signed by Fins)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by JoeWillie130, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

To the 'Honest Mike Tannenbaum's Car Dealership' Staff...

2. Jam.

Jam. Banned

We don't need Harris, we need Wilson to step up.

3. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Absolutely not.

4. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

So, in essence, he would be the 4th corner on Green Bay. And I'm sure he wouldn't touch Specials so they let him go. A highly paid 4th CB to boot.

One team's trash could turn out to be another team's gold.

5. Green N' Gold

Green N' Gold New Member

Think he's 36 and he came off the PUP 3 weeks ago. The player is allowed to practice for 3 weeks before the team has to make a decision on him. The 3 weeks was essentially a tryout for Harris. They could have stashed him on IR but would have owed him 2 million plus. Any team that picks him up off waivers will owe him 2.5 million this year. If he clears waivers then he's a FA and will probably sign for the minimum. He probably still has something left, just to many questions for Green Bay to keep him. Dude was a class act, wish him nothing but the best.

6. Clown

Clown New Member

lol @ otis smith.... U sound like you have a personal vendetta against coleman... afc championship? Honestly i think he has ben doing great so far plus he is getting some quality rex ryan scheme experience.... give him a chance?

7. Green N' Gold

Green N' Gold New Member

You are 100% correct. Special teams played a big part in this move.

8. Clown

Clown New Member

agreeed. Wilson where the fuck are you?

9. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Wilson can't even pass Coleman on the depth chart. Guess this scheme is just too demanding for rookies. Hopefully, Kyle can put it together for next season.
    Wilson't rookie struggles just points out even more how fortunate we are to have Cromartie this season.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I was being sarcastic.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't need to go back to the AFCC to have a personal vendetta against Drew Coleman. I just have to watch the game against Detroit on Sunday. Something you obviously did not do. Either that, or you have no idea what you are seeing in an NFL football game. Every time a QB has a good game against our defense through the air, it's #30 getting abused in the slot. I agree with whoever said that Coleman doesn't do bad outside the hash marks. However, if Cromartie and Revis are outside the hash marks, there's no fucking reason for this idiot to be throwing the game away but being on the field, and sucking.

Give him a chance? Give me a fucking break. The guy has been given more chances than Bill Murray in Groundhog Day.

#31 abyzmul, Nov 8, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2010
  12. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

I've read about how this scheme is really difficult to learn, especially for rookies.

When you finally have the concepts down, the rest comes easy. However the concepts are very difficult to learn and would have most of us dead due to brain aneurysms. We'd bleed out the ears.

I never judge a rookie until year 3. Even Gholston got 30 games from me until I came down on him for being soft. At least he's done enough not to facepalm 24/7.

The Jets aren't bleeding from the ass in the secondary anymore. Its more like a deep laceration across the back. Hopefully by January its just a scrape of the knee.

13. Clown

Clown New Member

sigh... so your saying that coleman had no good defensive plays that game? Yes or No? Are you saying that coleman was abused every game this season?

Im sorry if I watch only highlights of the game according to you, but the highlights I watch show coleman making a few good plays in that game against detroit. With cro and revis on both sides the QBs smartest choice is to throw to coleman and hey he let some plays slip but I see some improvement... especially on the last drives by detroit when they were stopped.

Ima leave you to jack off to a one legged al harris fantasy.
    I

14. Rascio

Rascio New Member

I don't know if Al Harris would be able to hold up and stay healthy but Rex and the Jets do have a great track record for getting the most out of "washed up" players with something to prove.

15. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

If he clears waivers and can be had for the minimum, i could see Tanny overturning this stone....

I see it just being a stone thoough, turn it back.

16. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

17. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

From Manish:

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    #Jets have struggled in finding reliable 3rd cornerback. But they have no interest in recently released Al Harris, per source #nfl #packers

18. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Rex doesn't think so. Rex has said Coleman has been blasted for things that were not his fault in the defense, especially last year. Burleson is a damn good WR and they obviously exploited Coleman, but I expect Coleman to bounce back from this. Detroit did a good job of finding our weak spots. Remember that attempted pass to Best with Bart Scott covering him? When it was in the air I thought it was a TD for sure.

19. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Pfft. What a weak post. You'll have to explain to me later how it's possible to post on the internet with a Speak N Spell.

I don't want the Jets to sign Al Harris, and personally it has looked like Lowery is the superior slot cover man, but he hasn't seen the field as much as Coleman even after making impact plays earlier in the season.

Coleman looks like the defensive version of Justin McCariens. A animal in practice and makes the occasional play on the ball (one pass defense Coleman had in week 1 or 2 was when he wasn't even looking at the ball and he was waving blindly to block it) but when opposing offenses are in a rhythm, they go right after 30, with what looks like a pretty high rate of success.

Has he made some nice defensive plays this season? Yes, a handful, and he has covered some assignments well, but it's impossible to tell his overall performance without the all-22 cuts that teams have, so I can only go by what the TV cameras do cover. And many times, that is Drew Coleman being out of position and helping the opposing offense move the chains.

Al Harris is old and broken down, we don't need him. But Rex is not infallible, he's human, and after what we've seen from Coleman since he's been drafted, I think it's more than possible that Rex is overestimating his ability to put a spit shine on a lump of dog shit.