Cablevision vs. FOX

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LeonNYJ, Oct 19, 2010.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Cablevision always seems to be in the middle of these disputes. Verizon somehow flies under the radar, knock wood.

I guess Fox is also preparing for no football in 2011. Trying to get their money now.

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Fuk Cablevision and fuk FOX too!

I have an antenna for all my HDTV's and they look great..
    Hey, it's FREE too!

3. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

I'd get fios if I could, but I'm stuck with Time Warner for now. Thankfully, they avoided this mess. But if fios is available in your area and you still have cablevision, you deserve to be in this mess.

4. jetzfan

jetzfan Member

I switched earlier this year from cablevision to fios after the food network debacle. after watching jets non-stop from sept-feb its the food network mostly for me. i like fios great picture and faster internet for half the price. screw dolan i wish he would sell the rangers...

5. Tballlz63

Tballlz63 Active Member

yeah it sucks! i've been waiting for fios to get in my area for 2 years now! looks like i'm going to have to be direct tv if they dont get this shit fixed in the next week.

6. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Fios TV is better but no fucking way in hell is the Internet faster

7. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Unlike you I can imagine a whole lot of sports fans huddled in front of that spare 13 '' television in the guest room of their homes that is hooked up to the rabbit ears and digital box.

With your expensive 55'' HDTV sitting in your favorite sports viewing location collecting dust with a blank Fox station on.

BTW, I have Time Warner and still don't have the NFL Network.

8. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

This is on Fox not Cablevision. If Fox wins it just mean Cablevision prices will go up cause CV is not paying for it - We are!!

9. Jetastic

Jetastic Member

Yankees need to make the world series now so that this problem will be solved quickly.

10. edray10

edray10 Well-Known Member

People in CT

I have Cablevision in CT and while we've also lost channel 5, but we have the Hartford FOX and My9 channels on channels 25 and 24. If that helps anyone.

They're not in HD, but I'm hopeful that the Hartford fox affiliate will show the jets-packers game (Hartford is patriots territory, but I figure they'll want to see the jets packers game).

11. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

This. Politicians won't let the World Series be taken off. Hopefully, it's not a temporary fix just for the WS though.

Either way, I'll be at the game.

12. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

That's just latino for you stole your neighbors directv signal...

13. lude

lude New Member

Their internet is considerably faster. There's no shared node concept as their is with cablevision. You get what you buy, cablevision offers speeds "up to x mbps", which at peak hours, is considerably less.

Also, WRT fios "flying under the radar", Verizon just pays what these companies ask for. At least for now, since they're trying to get people to switch.

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

lol, seriously guys. Almost everyone here has a TV w/an ATSC tuner in it....

People are brainwashed into thinking it's only cable or Dish...fuk that.
    HDTV is free,
    Why the fuk is everyone going crazy about this when the can just plug in an antenna and watch it in HD?

15. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Just about all HDTVs made today have built-in digital tuners. Ever since the TV stations stopped broadcasting in analog last year you probably get a higher quality picture with a digital antenna than on cable, dish, or FiOS.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Cablevision is quite prevalent in many parts of Northern and Central NJ as well, sux for us. Bottom line is the cable companies are the greediest f*ckers going and there's been bills in Congress since the 1980's to divest all of them. If and when Congress decides to pass this divestiture all of these cable companies will be kissing their customers asses because you will be able to pick and choose any stations you want regardless of which cable provider carries them.

17. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I was fumbling through the settings on my tv and I'm pretty sure the antenna isn't built in.

18. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Agreed. Like I said before I don't know the specifics but for many other reasons. Fuck Cablevision.

19. steves850

steves850 Active Member

Yeah. last Sunday the Jets game wasn't broadcast on the CT channels but I get WCBS as well unfortunately it was HD. Thank God for Directv.

20. DHarris52

DHarris52 Active Member

As much as I want to believe that this is on News Corp, it just seems like every few months Cablevision is locking horns with another station over money. Subscribers are the only ones who get fucked in the end as I'm sure they will raise our rates either way.

Unfortunately, I have no alternative as Fios is not yet available in my area. I had DirecTV a few years ago and HATED it. All it took was a light rain and that piece of shit would go haywire to epic proportions.