Going to be a tough battle all season long...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Oct 17, 2010.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

So the phin fans are finally seeing the light in regards to the possibility of your team having success?

2. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Ravens defeat yesterday puts destiny in our own hands. I believe that we have the firepower and the smarts to beat NE, and we have the opportunity; we don't get any more opportunities to influence Baltimore's season, so for that reason the Pats win yesterday was the best result for us.

3. Uzone27

Uzone27 New Member

Ravens defeat yesterday had zero to do with our destiny.
    We are done with the Ravens. We lost. win or lose it wouldn't have changed the fact that in order to seed higher than them we need to have a better record.

Did the Pats win over them improve the chances of that happening? Sure... but think about what's at stake here.

We are potentially talking about the difference between the distant possibility of home field throughout...or the very real, and potentially disasterous result of playing an extra game as a wildcard....in which it is a virtual guarantee that none of those games would be home (save for perhaps the WC game it'self)

Did you see these guys play yesterday? We are talking about a very good football team here...sure they have their warts...but they have every chance of beating us in Foxboro just like they did last year...at which point I'll bet a dollar to your doughnut you'll wish you had never rooted for the Pats to win in week 6.

I'm glad some of you guys are confident in our team....but sheesh looking past the Patriots and rooting for them in hopes of getting a better playoff seed?

Really?

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Pats and Pitt will be the two most challenging games on the sched for the remainder of the year. We have to hope SD & Indy help to take out the Pats & Balt so the Jets are #1 seed. I am pretty confident Jets will win the division but the W for the Pats cuts out that potential tiebreaker in a division race. If the Pasts can pick up a loss against Indy, SD, or Pitt, that would be great.

5. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

The Jets control their destiny now, and we have a chance to play NE again and beat them. Trust me, I was here in Maryland last week, and boy did they think they would crush the Pats. I feel that the Ravens never took Deon Branch seriously and they let up so many yards to him. Trust me, Ryan will make sure Branch is respected enough.

6. Trifco

Trifco New Member

I get your point... still it's not like if he rooting for the Pats had anything to do with the Pats actually winning the game. :smile:

7. Denny

Denny Active Member

Hence your rookie status. The Pats are always a threat. Did you see how they handled the Ravens? The Jets will have their hands full in both games you speak of.

8. TonyIommi

TonyIommi Active Member

All you have done is hold serve vs. the Patriots. Beat the Pats in Foxboro and you are the favorites.

9. Uzone27

Uzone27 New Member

Agreeing with a Pats fan?

Yes.

This.

10. GreenBleeder69

Anyone remember the 86 season? lol Chill with the playoff seeding concerns, the season just started.

11. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Our defense is still miles away from where it will be in our next meeting.

We still haven't played a complete game and we're still winning. I'm not going to say it's a cakewalk but I'm very confident that we'll have the division wrapped up before our last 2 games.

12. tommytom

tommytom Banned

We beat New England at home. Until we beat the Pats on the road it means nothing.

13. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Yes, a division win against a bitter rival means nothing.

14. tommytom

tommytom Banned

We beat them last year at home. What did that prove. Did we win the division last year tough guy. Lol.:smile:

15. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Remaining schedule for New England
    San Diego
    Minnesota
    Cleveland
    Pittsburgh
    Indianapolis
    Detroit
    NY Jets
    Chicago
    Green Bay
    Buffalo
    Miami

Remaining Schedule for NY Jets
    Green Bay
    Detroit
    Cleveland
    Houston
    Cincinnati
    New England
    Miami
    Pittsburgh
    Chicago
    Buffalo

16. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

What is with the "tough guy" comment? You make no sense.

Why did the Jets lose the division last year? It was not based on just losing to the Pats, it is more based on the Jets inability to win games at Miami later that year, and the Bills in that horrendous loss in which they ran for almost 300 yards.

By the time they played the Pats again, they were already two full games behind after losing two straight winnable games vs. Miami (ST disaster) and Jacksonville (could not close them out late).

They were 1 -2 in the division by the time the rematch came around. This year they are already 3-0.

Finishing the year 1-5 in the division will not get you many titles, no matter where you beat NE.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Well the troll was banned. Thought so. But I was looking forward to making him look foolish.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He must have done more than call you a tough guy...

19. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

He starting posting a Sanchez article from USC when he was accused of domestic abuse.

Proved to be a troll at that point.

20. Trifco

Trifco New Member

So the difference is:

Pats --> SD, Minn + Indi
    Jets --> Hou, Cin + Bye