This is an impressive win, NOT and ugly win

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJets4EverOnTop, Oct 17, 2010.

1. NYJets4EverOnTop

I know a lot you are just so happy to have gotten out of Denver with what you'd consider an ugly win. I disagree. We just played a Broncos team on the road in Denver, in a short week. A Denver team that was clearly playing with a ton of intensity. Add on to that a bag full of really questionable (probably putting it nicely) defensive penalty calls. Add to that the fact that Kyle Orton (who impressed the hell out of me) made unbelievable throws all game long throwing into a lot of tight coverage.

-1 in the turnover margin and with all those factors in play, for us to come out with a win shows me how mentally tough this team is. I'm so impressed with our team. Yes Sanchez had a bad game (it's going to happen some more this year) but I'd count on him coming back strong next game. Loving this team right now. Great feeling going into the bye week.

2. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The bye is coming at the perfect time. Happy to get the win but the Jets really have a lot to work on.

3. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

we beat the refs, and the Broncos. Big time win I think.

4. grayburn

grayburn Member

Good post, I agree. Denver is a solid team, and they came to play.

5. ........

........ Trolls

Ugly doesn't mean you're not mentally tough. It means everything goes against you, you make mistakes, and you still come away with a victory. It was ugly, AND it was a sign we're mentally tough.

6. 624

624 Banned

Good post.

Sanchez comes through when it matters, this team has been clutch this year.

7. LockDown24

LockDown24 Active Member

More proof the SOJ are dead, road game with the refs against us as well is a huge win

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I think we did good, that was the best passing offense. Its in a very hostile crowd. We just came off the Monday Night Game. Bullshit ref calls, Yet we still scored 24 points.

Great win imo.

9. jetsandtheunder

that was freaking intense-few bad breaks for us but got some good ones too

Can't believe we couldn't get our ground game going, but great teams win games when they need to adapt

Holmes biggest contribution to date is that pass interference on the three

STOKED! Five in a row!

10. SuperBowl50

SuperBowl50 Member

Tough to beat them there, especially with that kind of home-field support.

I'm especially impressed that Sanchez overcame the 2 INTs. I thought for sure he was going to throw another one. Last year, he definitely would have.

Great teams win these types of games where it seems everything goes against you. We did that last week and did that this week. We're learning to win, and that's a good thing.

11. BrooklynBoy89

BrooklynBoy89 New Member

I agree for the most part... I think the call on Leonhard was ridiculous along with the questionable TD call for Thomas. Sanchez got his INT's out of the way, and went back to work throwing downfield. I think he has really grown up in the past year, this could have turned into the Buffalo game of last year, but we fought back and got the win. I love the way we are winning these close games and building character. If someone told me we would be 5-1 going into the Bye after seeing the schedule I would have taken it in a heartbeat. I am loving this team right now, ups and downs, you can't say it's not fun to be a Jets fan right now. Gang Green 5-1 baby!

12. Pluvrr

Pluvrr Active Member

Revis looked healthy and back to his old self as well. That was encouraging.

13. illmatic

illmatic New Member

In the end there is much to work on as was previously mentioned, but to win a game against this adversity says a lot about this team.

Losing the turn over battle
    On the road in a tough road stadium
    short week
    team playing against back to back similar defenses
    out rushed

yet we still won...gotta win the tough ones to know you can do it when it really counts

14. franzman9

franzman9 Member

1) Short week

2) West Coast game

3) High Altitude

4) Sanchez throws ball to other team

5) Officals put money on the broncos

6) Revis still not at 100%

=5-1 baby!!!!!!!!!

15. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I agree. Perfect time for the bye. Need to work on passing game on both sides of the ball. Sanchez needs to develop more chemistry with his receivers (specifically Holmes) and the secondary needs to work on its communication.

16. JetsYankeesThrylos

JetsYankeesThrylos Active Member

Yeah best passing O held to under 200 yards without those garbage penalties, so I'm happy our pass D played well today I'm excited to see what happens when our O can get it together against teams outside our division! I'm so happy we won, J E T S!!!

#16 JetsYankeesThrylos, Oct 17, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  17. SuppaMan

SuppaMan New Member

It WAS an ugly win and I actually think we got a little bit of help from the refs at the end there. I guess it evens out a lot of the horrible calls against the Jets earlier, but I'm pretty surprised they threw that flag for pass interference at the end, especially the way the game was reffed.

18. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Definitely impressive. Went into hostile territory, struggled early and still came out with a hard fought win.

19. NYJets4EverOnTop

We got help? You're saying defenders are allowed to grab and pull on receivers' facemasks b4 the ball gets there?

20. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Exactly. The great teams find a way to win despite a lot of factors against them. Pulling off a road win against a decent team in a short week. Man, that's impressive.