What is the Worst Jets Fan Behavior

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Namath2Kolber, Oct 14, 2010.

?

Which is the Worst Jets Fan Behavior at Games?

Poll closed Apr 12, 2011.
  1. Showing up after kickoff

17 vote(s)
    8.6%
  2. Leaving before the game is over

28 vote(s)
    14.2%
  3. Selling your tickets to the other team's fans

58 vote(s)
    29.4%
  4. Being loud/obnoxious/foul-mouthed around the kiddies

47 vote(s)
    23.9%
  5. Not making enough noise

31 vote(s)
    15.7%
  6. Standing the whole time and refusing to sit down

16 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Dumping tickets when we're 4-10 is one thing, but for the season opener in a new stadium in a very promising year? You gotta be fucking kidding me.

Besides, if someone is that worried about their personal finances, they really have no business having season tickets anyway.

2. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

I was annoyed but not surprised at the Ravens game.

I'm used to it as I'm sure everyone else is.

3. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

There's not that many games in football, people are going to travel to see their team on the road and get tickets one way or the other. That's just the way it is, especially a drivable opponent like Baltimore. There's Jet fans at all the road games, too.

4. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I like to drink, but damn I've seen some guys at the games that put down beers like it was the last day they were ever gonna sell beer in America. I have to say though the most impressive instance of drinking I've ever saw was on the NJ transit to the game. There was this one guy who maybe split 12 bud lites with his buddy on the train from Hoboken. I mean the ride is like 15minutes or so and they killed the whole 12pack.

5. Elvis

Elvis Member

I have been bringing my son to games since he was 5(he is 9 now). My kids are one of the reasons I have kept my seasons for close to 20 years. They love going, especially my son..He yells, screams, stands up, and overall gets the crowd going in my section..I basically let him know that he will hear some words that I do not want to hear repeated(yes he hears them at times at home)...To think that a few obscenities will not be heard is ridiculous...Its the obscene tirades from some fans that is really just uncalled for...

Luckily I have sat in sections which have been virtually fight free.. One game a few years ago we sat in the mez on the 50 and two idiots were fighting and rolled right down the cement stairs...My son asked me why they were doing it - I replied because they are stupid....Never understood the drunken fighting at a game either....its a football game, not life or death..

6. JetsFanDoc

JetsFanDoc Well-Known Member

Some people just can't hold their alcohol. In fact, when it comes to football I am more likely to get in a fight when I'm sober than when I'm good and drunk (Not very likely either way).

7. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I agree - lots of people buy season tickets that shouldn't be buying season tickets. Doesn't mean anyone has a responsibility to sell tickets for less than someone is offering who roots for the other team. The Jets only care about selling tickets - they don't care if the people buying them care about the game or what team they are rooting for. I don't see why we fans should act any differently.

8. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

Fights never happen during a good game. It's always cuz people are bored.

9. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

A friend of mine and fellow season ticket holder will say it's people who carve up their program, make paper airplanes and throw them in an attempt to get them over the top tier rail. Most of the time they don't make it and pelt the poor unsuspecting fans in the lower row seats.

That said, I could care less about fan behavior. It's my day off and I am enjoying myself at a football game. Let security/NJ State Troopers handle those who are stupid enough to find themselves in some sort of ridiculous situation. I like to whoop it up, yell, clap, occasionally curse, etc. I like it when the whole stadium is loud and obnoxious and standing. I am understanding of kids in the stands and attempt to curb the language but sometimes it's just inevitable. I have kids and just explain there are certain words that they as youngsters should not be repeating.

I could care less who shows up late/leaves early. Your dime, not mine. More room for myself and my legs.

I dislike opposing team fans at our games. We, as season ticket holders are our own worst enemy.

Anyway, go to the game, get green, get loud and have a good time!

10. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't agree with your point. There's no way the Jet organization COULD ascertain whether someone buying tickets will be rooting for the Jets. That's a red herring, and no basis for comparison.

Someone who has tickets, is a Jet fan, and sells them to somone who is not has not tried very hard to find a Jet fan to buy them instead.

The real problem is cumulative, it needs to be said. Some number of ticket holders doing that is not so much an issue, but when the numbers are big enough.

I used to have season tickets, and the seats right in front of us you could obviously tell were occupied every damn game by different people. Some, often enough, were fans of the opposing team. Who owned those tickets and why did they? It was a mystery to us.

11. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I actually saw far more Vikings fans than Ravens fans at the Stadium this past week. I hate to say it, but, these Monday night/Prime-time games are kicking our fan base asses.

12. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

This has more to do w/ PSLs and pricing the Jet fans out than Jet fans giving them up. There have always been and always will be opposing fans at games BUT not the # we have seen this year. if they didn't fleece the fans w/ PSLs that Stadium would be full w/ season ticket holders and it would be harder for opposing fans to get seats.

13. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Fact is, from Jan thru August, the fans who are picking n choosing which games they're gonna attend have 8 months to start putting away a measly $20 a week that they can use for when the season rolls around. You claim to love this team and you wanna root for them? Get your tickets. There's no excuse.

14. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

It's bad, but I see just as many Jet fans, usually more when I go to away games.

I realize we have a bigger market here but with fans like ROJF, PSL's, it's inevitable.

I would love just 1 game of not having to see some random asshole clapping as we punt or some crap like that. Even the old place, there always seems to be at least 1 asshole in a sections view.

15. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm basing my observation from what I've seen in the uppers tho. I dunno what the story is in the Mezz and LLs, but I agree to what ur saying to an extent. Last year, the most # of opposing fans I saw, of ALL OF last year, was the Patriots vs Jets game, but that's understandable. The Ravens game had a good # of Ravens fans, but this past Monday night, I was actually surrounded by Vikings fans within my immediate area.