Interesting Stats...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CP+SM=TD, Oct 12, 2010.

1. CP+SM=TD

CP+SM=TD New Member

Just some interesting stats I noticed on NFL.com

The Jets have scored the 3rd most points in the NFL (135), behind only Indy (136) and San Diego (140). They are leading the league in rushing (165.2 ypg)

They also have had the 4th least points scored against them in the NFL (81), behind Atlanta (70), and Baltimore (72) and Chicago (74). Note this is excluding teams that have had a bye: KC (57), Pitt (50), Minn (67), Seattle (77), and TB (80).

This gives them the highest point differential in the ENTIRE NFL (+54) with Atlanta (43), and Tenn (37) the next closest. Also as we all know they have the best turnover differential (+11).

Worth noting : Arizona has the 4th lowest point different (-50) yet is still 3-2 and leading the NFC West. This leads to the team with the lowest point differential, the Bills (-74) :buffaloblows:

2. theBidet

theBidet Active Member

yeah first quarter of the season was a good one. now lets keep it on through the rest of the season.

3. Uzone27

Uzone27 New Member

Putting up 29 with only one offensive TD is a bit of a headscratcher huh?
    Just goes to show that stats can be decieving.
    That said, I really don't think we've seen the best of the Jets on O yet.....
    As Mark Sanchecz puts it....these guys are gonna "ball all year long"... (-:

4. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

what's really impressive about that stat is teams like Atlanta have played Cleveland and Arizona.....we played the vikings, pats, dolphins and ravens and only 1 bad team in the bills.

but anyways, yeah, that's amazing.

most notably the +/- point differential and the turnover numbers. simply amazing given the teams we've played.

considering 3 out of 4 next opponents are subpar teams like Cleveland, The lions and denver..those stats can even get better.

5. XxceenxX

XxceenxX New Member

Its like what rex said on hard knocks...He wants to lead the afc in wins..And we are winning w/o leading in defense this year.The jets r about winning and I for one don't even care about stats.....Oh and this is my first post since the draft.I been in hiding for a while..

6. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Didn't seem like it.

7. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

"...Lead the League in fucking wins!..."