2010 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JetsNation06, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Assuming Boise State runs the table, they should have a pretty good shot at the national championship.

Ohio State, Oregon, Oklahoma, and Nebraska are the chief competition. If three of four lose at least once, then Boise State will get in.

Even if that doesn't happen, they have a shot.

Ohio State has visits to Wisconsin and Iowa remaining.

2. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5673225

1. Boise State .913
    2. Oregon .863
    3. TCU .854
    4. Oklahoma .8425
    5. Ohio State .8421
    6. LSU .782
    7. Nebraska .777
    8. Auburn .744
    9. Michigan State .642
    10. Alabama .634

I wouldn't mind a rematch between Boise-TCU for the national title.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

We'll see how accurate those projections are next week.

4. GatorNation52

GatorNation52 New Member

Trey Burton is a nice all around player. Does everything well, nothing exceptional. Everyone wants him to be Tebow, he's not, not even a similar player. Everyone loves Burton because of the 6 TD game against Kentucky, it was a fluke. Now Im not saying hes not a good player who is important to the team because he certainly is, but he certainly is not on Demps' level of importance.

As for Gillislee, I happen to think he's gonna be a very good player, but he's not completely healthy either, which is why Moody was playing almost the entire game. Truthfully I was hoping theyd just put Mack Brown, our true freshman HB in the game and give him a shot. Moody is terrible.

And the OL was getting dominated, theres no doubt about that. I, for one, think this is one of the worst OLs at UF in awhile. If you listen to Verne Lundquist (Who is a complete idiot) you'd think the OL was great. Bottom line is most of the guys who are playing OL now are the ones who couldnt see the field the last 2-3 seasons because they werent good enough. Pouncey is the exception but he's playing a position his brother always played and his mis-snaps are screwing up Brantley's timing and the timing of the whole offense

Beating Florida this year is nothing special. The entire team is struggling. With no Demps the team is that much worse.

As for the receivers. Deonte Thompson is the biggest waste of talent I've ever seen, he drops everything and overall is just not a good WR. Andre Dubose will hopefully develop into something. Carl Moore is a good possession guy but they dont throw it to him enough. The main problem is Urban Meyer and Steve Addazio are trying to run the same offense from the Tebow era. It doesnt work when you dont have a guy who can carry a team by himself like Tebow did.

Theres always next year.

5. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

If at least two of those teams don't lose then Boise has NO shot. They played their toughest games already, and their schedule will only get weaker while the BCS conference teams will get stronger.

Brad Edwards is almost always dead on, and he said as much as what's above earlier today when he announced his projections.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I said if three of four losing doesn't happen, they still have a shot.

7. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They have no shot since the pollsters cap Boise at 3, even if what you said happened if Alabama wins out they will probably pass Boise by as well, then you look at if Auburn or LSU remains undefeated again no chance they don't pass Boise, even the guy that made those projections said there is no chance since Boise plays no one except Nevada while everyone else still has the meat of their conf schedule up which should also cancel out Boise's computer advantage.

8. Green Hurricane

That is a long sentence.

9. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thanks for the comment grammar police, the thought I made before isn't long enough for me to care.

10. Green Hurricane

Wow, overreact much? Sorry for crippling your manhood.

11. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Central Florida vs Marshall game was halted in the 2nd quarter for a long spell due to lightning.
    As a result, there will be no regular halftime. Between the 2nd and 3rd quarters, there will be a commercial break and then the second half kickoff will be made.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I posted that at 10:27 during second quarter action. There were still a couple minutes left in the first half.

Now it is 10:39 and the third quarter has started.

Quickest halftime ever.

13. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

this lightning stoppage is ridiculous. i dont remember it before recent years.

Cakes, or some other guru, when did football start this?

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om_yq4L3M_I[/youtube]

14. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

This has definitely happened more often in recent years than any other time in football history. I think it is coincidental more than anything else. The 1980 Hall of Fame Game was stopped in the 4th quarter (game was tied 0-0) due to lightning. So we know that 30 years ago the NFL would stop a game due to lightning. The 2003 Hall of Fame Game was also stopped early due to lightning.
    The only regular season games I can recall that had a lightning delay were Colts-Jets '96, Ravens-Jets '10, and Vikings-Jets '10. There must be more. It doesn't seem likely that there have been only three and that all three involved the Jets.

15. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

If that is the case, Christians are going to blame Revis Christ.

Sorry for being off topic.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Kansas State routing Kansas in Lawrence.

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Kansas State up 52-0 on the road.

West Virginia looks to be finishing off an easy win over USF. Only up 2 TDs, but they were never threatened and didn't allow a single TD.

18. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

maybe I should have included a smilie I wasn't being serious at all :)

19. SyracuseJet

SyracuseJet Well-Known Member

Question for all you pollsters....

If Syracuse beats Pitt and WV in back to back weeks, do they move into the top 25? They're currently 33rd in the Harris Poll which is usually fairly in line with coaches and AP Polls, so I'd have to assume they're in that realm with those polls as well.

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I think they would, yes.

A win at West Virginia would be easily their most impressive win of the season, and they'd be 6-1. Even with their weak schedule, that should get them in the top 25.