Jets and Yank Fans

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

Right there with you big guy.

First was a Yankees fan, born ito it actually. My dad was a Giants fan. When I was young, they really were uninteresting and boring. The Jets has Todd, Walker and McNeil so a Jets fan was born.

I got to my kids ASAP so there will be no straying in my house. Yanks, Jets all the way!

2. PleaseWinSuperBowlJets

PleaseWinSuperBowlJets Active Member

Jets/Yankees fan in the house!

I chose Yankees over the Mets when I started watching baseball!

And the Jets had Curtis Martin, Wayne chrebet back when I started becoming a Jets fan so I was hooked!!

Nets and Rangers fan as well! GO NETS! GO RANGERS!

3. 624

624 Banned

1. Jets
    2. Nets
    3. UConn
    4. few tennis players
    5. Yankees

6. Devils (Don't follow Hockey at all)

4. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Yankee fans care about baseball when Hockey is being played because WE are still playing. GO JETS!!!

5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Jets and Yankees the ying and yang of my sports world

6. GreenMachine

My front plate

[​IMG]

7. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

1. Jets
    2. Rangers
    3. Mets
    4. Knicks

-_-

8. BrooklynBoy89

BrooklynBoy89 New Member

Haha can't argue with ya there, guess just one (Myself) Mets fan being envious of a Yankee fan, guess that's the norm the past decade ha. And I couldn't agree more with the end of your post... Go Jets!

9. BrooklynBoy89

BrooklynBoy89 New Member

I can't copy and post pics in yet since I'm new, but damn Green Machine, Yanks fan or not, that is a sick license plate!

10. Paddock

Paddock Member

I'm with you here... great time of year for a sports fan. I have my hokies at noon, yanks and rangers later... a full nfl sunday to watch, then heading to the game on monday. Can't get much better

11. The Mak

The Mak New Member

Any of you old-time Jets/Yanks fans ever made the trip to here to see the Jets?

[​IMG]

12. MeanGreene23

MeanGreene23 New Member

Been a yankees and jets fan my whole life. Jets are certainly first though, I would trade 4 yankees world series for one Jets Superbowl victory any day.

13. Jason05

Jason05 Member

Yankees and Jets fan here baby!! Pinstripes and Gang Green forever

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Where did you get that plate? That is sweet!!!

15. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

My condolences

16. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Season ticket holder since 1981 so we played in Shea for 3 or 4 years before going to NJ. My dad took me once a year to shea from the early 70's ( I am 51) . The best atmosphere and crowd ever for Jet games. It was insane. The place was a dump, but it was such a crazy crowd, we would do anything we wanted. People used to piss at 1/2 time on the ramps and smoke like it was a dead concert. The stands used to move. . We usually had to wait until October for a home game and never had pre-season games at home due to the Shmets.

#76 sec314, Oct 9, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2010
  17. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Die hard Yankee fan since '78 and Jets fan since '81. Hoping for a big sweep of the Twins tonight and a huge Jets win over the Vikes Monday night to complete the Minnesota Massacre.

18. jetsfan920

jetsfan920 New Member

Jets and Yankees fan. I am 18 and my grandpa turned me on to the Yankees in 03 and they won one title since then, so you can't say I am a front runner :p

19. GreenMachine

There is a shop here that makes custom plates. The only other person who has one like this I know of is Mantana Soss...Because I gave it to him

20. United_Jets

United_Jets Active Member

This is a really interesting thread..especially hearing about the mixture of Jets/yanks Giants/Mets fans and so on - As someone who lives outside of the States it's something I've always wondered about and had a few ill-conceived notions over as well. I was always fond of the Yankees as a kid (well done international marketing) but I got into football first and have lived and died with our Jets since 2002. I started following the Yankees properly after Boone and the '03 World Series loss as I got into baseball too. As a foreigner with only small links to New York and New England (Irish family and all that) I definitely get shit for being a Yankees fan but none for being a Jets fan..I think Americans just feel sorry for me when I tell them that!

I don't pretend to be massively into the local rivalries however, as not being from the area I don't think it's right to feign hate and massive animosity. I actively root against the Pats and Sox obviously but I wouldn't say I hate either. I have a good friend from New Jersey who was living with me in Dublin earlier this year who is a Giants and Mets fan. He hates the Yankees but told me the same conflict doesn't exist between the Giants and Jets, which makes perfect sense - and that a lot of people in the tri-state area want both to do well. Would you guys say you've found this as well?