Kyle wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jesterjetman, Sep 26, 2010.

1. surviveone

surviveone New Member

Plus one
    Good post

2. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Well said. It really is a combination of the amazing success Revis has had since he was drafted, and the already inate lack of patience among Jets fans.

Everyone is going to automatically look straight at Revis, and say well WTF? This kid isnt nearly as good why the hell did we draft him? I know it makes less than no sense, but thats the comparison people make. Couple that with how flip-floppy the fan base is, combined with the shear lack of patience (wanting to cut mcknight after rookie mini-camp, mini camp for christs sake!) they just demand immediate results, and it just doesnt happen every single time you draft a player.

Sometimes, guys come in and play great from the get-go, but for the most part, rookies do not light up the league.

Wilson will not only be fine, but damn good in a short period of time. Things will start to slow down right around the time the playoffs start. I think he steps it up big time in the postseason

3. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

GREAT POST....

It's been said before but, good wrap up....

It's threads like this that help me differentiate posters.

4. KyMon7

KyMon7 New Member

http://footballoutsiders.com/cover-3/2010/cover-3-around-corner
    Good article on Kyle Wilson and his stepping into the #2 corner in Revis' absence.

5. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

^ hey we saw the same thing!

Maybe I should work for them.

6. 624

624 Banned

There's no way that's actually Drew Coleman's dad....

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Remember the pre-season game in Cleveland 2 years ago, the one that was halted by lightning? .... the one that had half the board convinced Brett Ratliff-to-David Clowney was the 2nd coming of Bradshaw-Swann? :wink:

Well if you also recall, before the 2nd half wonders were lighting up 'Bullet' Nick Sorenson, there was this Cleveland WR named Braylon Edwards who was 'schooling' a young 2nd year Jet DB named Darrelle Revis (as well as Justin Miller) with the since-departed Derek Anderson as QB.

Deion Sanders' and Darrelle Revis' do not grow on trees. The kid'll eventually be fine.

8. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Looks like my arguement holds water. All you guys freaked out when I said its time for coleman to step in and bring the secondary together. Rex seems to have taken my advice!!

RichCimini Rich Cimini
    Rex Ryan says he's not optimistic about Darrelle Revis for this wk. Drew Coleman getting work at Kyle Wilson's spot w/ 1s. #Jets

9. Jetfanroy

Jetfanroy New Member

Where's Lowery? I would feel better with him over Coleman

10. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

Jesus, what a nightmare.

11. franzman9

franzman9 Member

Lowery gave up his spot to a un-tested rookie. I dont think that sits well with Rex, he likes competitors.

I hate when lowery is on the field, he sucks in man to man and always finds a way to give up big catches when we have offenses in 3rd and long.

12. Jetfanroy

Jetfanroy New Member

Not suggesting putting Lowery in man-to-man, give hime safety help...the question is can Cro cover Evans or Parrish man-to-man?

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

yes and yes

14. franzman9

franzman9 Member

What kind of question is that? Cro would be the #1 corner on the majority of teams in the nfl, we are just blessed to have the best CB in the game on our team also.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Silly?!?!? ...for all intents and purposes we did go into the season without him...and we should still get to
    the bye no worse than 4-2. Flying TO Denver on a short week makes me skeptical)

(and the officiating f*d us for 4 pts in a one point game in Wk1)

We should be undefeated right now.

16. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

LOL.. Your whole premise was based on Kyle being a "Possible BUST"....

Nice try. i came here expecting this though after reading that tweet..LOL

The secondary AS A WHOLE has been having communication problems.. Rex is just mixing things up....

Believe me, you don't want to see Coleman covering the likes of Boldin.

17. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

He's had one good half of man to man coverage this year, it's not that unwarranted a question.

18. GBA

GBA Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

Coleman is stepping in during practice because there are communication issues and he is familiar with the system. He's practicing with the first team so Cro and Pool have another vet there who knows what he's supposed to do and where he's supposed to be, rather than a rookie who is equally as clueless. Assuming he'll start on Sunday is foolish, and saying he should start is just asinine.

19. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

^
    The voice of reason.

Kyle is doing well and we will see progress week to week.

I can't wait to see Kyle return a punt for a TD, it's going to happen this season, hopefully sooner than later.

20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I think the vast majority of us think this way. It is just a few that equate simple rookie CB mistakes, like not turning around on the ball, to they can't cover.

I bumped the Revis thread simply to show that, he was criticized heavily by some as a rookie too. I suppose it goes with the territory. It was not to say OMG KW is the next DR..................