Is this Braylon situation a "blessing in disguise?"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 23, 2010.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

A better way to do that was to suspend him, or just not play him at all Sunday. I hate the Dolphins as much as anyone, but that would be a "circle the wagons" type of move, and if they lost, his teammates could blame Braylon for his fuck-up and maybe behave themselves too for the rest of the year.

For us, how great would it be to beat the Dolphins, in Miami, without Braylon, Revis, Holmes, Pace and Jenks? I'd like that. A LOT. That's what Woody should have done to help team PR and maybe in a backwards way, team morale.

2. ShutEmDownRevis

ShutEmDownRevis New Member

I dont think this does anything good for us at all... as far as chemistry? now we just look like overrated bums who are about to implode... at least thats what ESPN people think.

Last year we were underdogs in a lovable hardworking type of way... this is different

Besides the fact that it REALLY hurts us on the field, sanchez just had his first big game last week and Braylon was a HUGE part of that.. this guy braylon's brain is already fragile enough we dont need him dropping balls and we need him on the field as much as possible

3. 624

624 Banned

This was my biggest concern, Braylon's head not on football as much as it was pre-DUI.

I thought the OP was going to refer to us maybe being able to afford him and Santonio now before I opened the thread.

4. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Perhaps he'll learn to refrain from "double fisting" cocktails everywhere he goes. Pic from earlier that evening.

[​IMG]

5. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

If and when Braylon plays he better be in a zone because the Miami fans will be all over his ass.

But I could think of other ways to bless the team, the focus was already sharp, now it is even more so in the Camera Eye.

If they really have the will that Rex believes; then it will be lights out in Miami and there will be no need for a gesture of a bird at the fish fry.

If not, there is a media bloodbath next week and suicide watches around here.

6. jets_fan_in_fishtown

jets_fan_in_fishtown Active Member

he wasn't double fisting.

1 drink for braylon, 1 for the beard

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yes, it's a blessing in disguise. The odds we re-sign Edwards at the end of the year went way down. WR's who are superstars only in their own minds are the bane of any successful football program. Even the ones who are actual superstars who have an overly high opinion of themselves are a problem, as evidenced by Randy Moss and T.O's travels.

I'll be just fine with Holmes, Cotchery and Keller as Sanchez targets moving forward and that's probably where we are headed now.

8. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

Look at the size of those pussy drinks. That does not count as double fisting.

9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

exactly....

those look more like "shots".

10. Inafalcs

Inafalcs Member

Dude I love the avatar hahaha

11. ukilledkenny

This Braylon thing has made me realize a lot of Jets fans have never gone out drinking before or they are choosing to totally forget about that part of their life.

12. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Punishment: let the Fins receive, put BE on ST and tell him he is either in on the tackle or he doesn't play the rest of the game.

Hard Knocks at its finest...

13. ukilledkenny

For some reason I find this idea very amusing. I am picturing Braylon spearing the pile about 30 seconds after the whistle blows.

14. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

If this allows us the be able to afford Braylon and Santonio then yes it's a huge blessing.

15. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

That work of manly face art deserves it's own frosty, adult beverage.

16. jets&rushfan

jets&rushfan New Member

Look at it this way, the owner of the brand after Leon Hess (god bless his soul) paid Mr Edwards 6.1 million.

A nice payday for a troubled receiver who could not make it in Cleveland, a lot of faith, could not say if I were signing the checks that I would take a chance, could you?

And another chance on Holmes, castoff from Steeler Island, you have to ask yourself am I fucking crazy? When do I start rebuilding?

If the team focus on the prize was not there before then it better be now...or we are no better than the JetSkins and have lost our way...we are just another SOJ team.

I do not believe for a NY minute that we are at this point because of this, but they need to convince me this weekend.

It's Go Time and the sharks are waiting...there is blood in the water.

17. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Good to see you're counting your blessings :)

18. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

You obviously value human life very little, as he does. He dragged Stallworth back out to party at 2 in the morning before he killed someone driving drunk. Obviously he learned nothing from that experience.

I think it's interesting that the guys riding with him when he got stopped(Gholston, D'Brick) are getting a free pass from management and the coaches.

19. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Easy to say from your perch in Stoneonta.....LOL

20. mash84

mash84 Member

Why should the teammates be punished? They didn't break any laws that we know of. They may have trusted that Braylon was okay to drive (and could have been in way worse condition than Braylon was). Braylon has to deal with the consequences of his actions. You would hope that he would be smarter than this, even if your only expectation was that he would stay out of trouble during a contract year.