Tedy Bruschi rips Sanchez

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by TheBlairThomasFumble, Sep 16, 2010.

1. stanner

stanner Member

Innes Sainz is Spanish for Yoko Ono.

2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am not sure this is right - his OL is not as good as it was last year, his go to back is not as good as he had last year (regular season at least) and his WR corps is not that great (until Holmes comes back from suspension).

He's not in a horrible place for sure, but his supporting cast is not everything he could ever have dreamt of at the moment at least.

3. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

His go to back is one of the best that ever played the game. His WRs haven't changed from last year. I'll agree his OL may not be as good but playing Baltimore certainly won't give that answer.

4. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

You know with all the talk about the O, imo there's not been all that much about the OL. Yeah, I think it's probably not as good, yet, as last year's. But... I was afraid it was going to be worse than they were Monday night. I was afraid Woody was suddenly showing his age in pre-season, and that Slauson was gonna be another Bender/Clarke deal. Not so much on either count, although Slauson still worries me somewhat. Ferguson had a penalty, but imo the OL gave MS enough time for the most part against a very good D.

So maybe not quite as good as last year, but not that much worse, either.

5. Green Lantern

Green Lantern Active Member

Now everybody have you heard
    If you're in the game, then the stroke's the word
    Don't take no rhythm, don't take no style
    Got a thirst for killin', grab your vile...

You put your right hand out give a firm hand-shake
    Talk to me about that one big break...
    Spread your ear-pollution both far and wide...
    Keep your contributions by your side and stroke me,
    stroke me
    Could be a winner boy, you move quite well...
    You got your number down...
    Say you're a winner but man you're just a sinner now

You put your left foot out keep it all in place...
    Work your way right into my case
    First you try to bed me you make my backbone slide
    But when you found you bled me-- skip on by...
    keep on---stroke me, stroke me
    Give me the business all night long...
    You're so together boy...
    Say you're a winner but man you're just a sinner now

Better listen now (said) it ain't no joke
    Let your conscience fail ya, just do the stroke
    Don'tcha take no chances keep your eye on top
    Do your fancy dances you can't stop you just stroke me,
    stroke me

6. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

I agree. The OL played great...we ran the ball pretty damn well...Tomlinson looked fantastic. I really think everyone is overreacting to one week.

7. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

What bothers me about El Cid as I call him is when the rubber meets the road in crunch time he did not get it done. A QB gets pays to win games & last Monday nite he could not get us 40 yards so we would be in a position to kick the winning FG. If you look back to the AFCCG last year when it came time to hoist the team on his back & carry it to victory he folded like a greeting card. Gruden & others have being saying that for weeks & weeks that he has not yet accomplished bringing the team back when needed. Excuses like no Shone etc have no bearing that as the leader of team he is supposed to FIND a way to win the game. Until he can do that he will never be perceived as a winning QB

#127 championjets69, Sep 17, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 17, 2010
  8. WiscJets

WiscJets Member

Man, way to become the most hated, inept QB ever based off one game and a handful preseason snaps.

He's a kid... they'll adjust... he'll learn. He looked pretty good in the playoffs.

That’s all forgotten. He didn’t tank against the colts, our secondary was skinned alive.

9. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Yeah really.

Hey I think there's much to be concerned about MS, but let's not go overboard.

10. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

i can't say it enough, despite what others say......... I love your avatar.

oh, and bruschi's probably right.

11. GreyhoundJet

GreyhoundJet Active Member

Ok, now that i've read that I feel like an idiot. I could only think of being a front-runner in the other sense (rooting for the top teams) which made no sense.

12. tbruner12

tbruner12 Well-Known Member

i agree with everything you say about sanchez. i'm not licking his berries like others on this website who believe that its the things that surround him that cause his crappy stats and win loss record. i hate to say it but we may have went just as far last year, and would win more games if chad was our qb. sanchez doesnt look like the future as of now. did peyton manning or tom brady suck like franchise does in their second years of starting?

13. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Said it at the game on monday , his body language is atrocious , he looks and acts like a 12 year old when things go wrong.

Guy needs to grow up quick or we will be drafting a new qb in 2 years having wasted this defense on another USC failure.

He is too immature and far too inconsistent , not good for a qb In NYC

14. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Tell that to our coaching staff who treated him like a first-game rookie Monday night based on a handful of preseason snaps.

I have no beef with Bruschi though, first off the whole body language thing is an obvious criticism - especially after it was brought up on Hard Knocks again.

Plus I've had a certain respect for him as an analyst since he dared to rip Favre and the Viking trio for that dopey plane ride in the preseason, well both him and the other player who was on with him (I forget who it was, Darren Woodson?) were probably the only ones getting paid by ESPN that would dare take shots at The Great Favreini.

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Teddy from day one, for a former Patriot, was pretty pro/objective on his take on the Jets this past spring/summer when he came on board ESPN's desk, so I've no problem with his right to opinion whether I agree with it or not. Out of the box, he wasn't Belicheck U. truth be told. Further, I'd have liked the stroke-suffering son-of-a-bitch to have played for gang green. No, he from day one gave 'attitude props' to a divisonal rival in the not-so-distant past.

16. WiscJets

WiscJets Member

I can 98% agree with you... Coaching for him has sucked. He has looked scared.

Hodges and Jaws have it right... he needs confidence. Lets give him a game or two against a normal defense and see what happens. Bruschi isn't wrong wrong with it, but harsh and premature. Sanchez is not a seasoned vet. He really did come on last year the second half.

To label him a bust and a failure at this point in silly.

As for Favre... 100% with you. I am new to this board, but have always been a 4 hater. That was a mistake from the start and everyone knew it. An embarrassment. Prosit to Teddy for ripping him. if more would, maybe he'd go away.

As for 6? Patience!!

17. nycztonee

nycztonee Active Member

As good an analyst that you are! eat crow Bruschi!

Sanchez led us back today. He did not tank! Give us good play calling, and Sanchez will make the throws.

18. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

He was right. And TB will be the first one to say how Sanchez did NOT fail today.

What he was talking about was Sanchez needs to learn if he's gonna go crazy celebrating when it's all going well, he needs to keep his head up and his demeanor up when things are going badly. Sanchez played a great game. TB was talking about how he deals with adversity. TB has not been proven wrong... yet.

19. Montana

Montana Member

We were down 14-7, had just lost Revis......and Mark put the team on his back and carried it to victory, with 21 unanswered points.

Sanchez proved TB wrong, and he'll admit as much.

#139 Montana, Sep 19, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  20. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member