Rex and Shotty altercation??

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MikeHoncho, Sep 14, 2010.

1. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

What has Shittenheimer EVER done to be considered a good coach or have job security? He's a consistent failure.

2. clickclack

clickclack Member

Fire Schotty!

3. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Good first post. You'll fit in well here.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Sadly nothing. But the pedigree is really keeping him firmly planted in this organization.

5. Tony

Tony Bipedal, Reformed

They're not starting to come off, they already have. I don't like any of this one bit. There is no discipline on this team; no professionalism. I know I'm sounding like a broken record, but's true. And whoever said earlier in this thread that it's easily correctable is wrong. This mentality permeates the entire organization. Looks at these indicators:

1. Players call all the coaches by their first name. This puts them on the "friends" field, and that's a bad sign. Players should call their coaches either "Coach", or "Coach Ryan" or whatever. That puts a feel of authority and respect to the coaching staff. I would never allow a player to call me by my first name.

2. Cheeseburgergate prior to the Green and White scrimmage.

3. Harassing Inez Sainz. Yes, she dresses like a hooker, but these guys are supposed to be professionals, and professionals don't act that way.

4. The mental lapses in key moments last night. There was some bad calls too, but the mistakes the Jets made last night were in critical situations. A total lack of mental discipline.

5. The team not looking remotely prepared last night was perhaps the biggest indicator. The D started out well, but overall this team did not look as if TC did one speck of good.

I like seeing Rex being involved in teaching game fundamentals, and I love the cocky, aggressive attitude. But I cannot stand lack of discipline and professionalism. Those qualities MUST be present for a team to succeed, and this team doesn't have it. I wonder if they will find it this year at all.

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

not if he was coached to not to force throws and risk turnovers. sometimes you have to force a throw, allow your receivers to make a play and force the D to make a play. Flacco threw into good coverage and his receivers came through. that's what you have to do. that's what Sanchez did not. the question is why?

more than likely it was coaching that has either told him not to throw unless a guy is wide open or has gotten him so terrified of turning the ball over that he is simply afraid to throw the ball. but I find it unlikely that Sanchez, left to his own accord, is afraid to try and make a throw. if he is, than he is done as a QB entirely and that is even a greater concern.

considering Sanchez has shown that he isn't afraid to make throws, when left to his own accord, I think it is the coaching staff that has created what we saw last night.

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This isn't high school football, man.

Almost ever player in this league calls their coach by his first name.

8. skeleton_frames

Couldn't agree more. I love Rex to death, but it looks to me like this team is in need of an actual coach, not a motivational speaker. Not saying that all of this falls to Rex, but this is his staff, so fix it.

9. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Neither will be out of the league in 2 years.

10. finyank13

finyank13 New Member

I aint being gay bro, I am just saying the offense is going to struggle w/o Holmes, and even when Holmes gets back, I am not so sure Cheese can get him the ball consistantly ....

T. Jones was a beast and they let him go w/o care.....LT looked good last night, he did, but he isnt keeping that tempo for 16...who are you guys kidding..

11. Run_N_gun10

Run_N_gun10 Well-Known Member

This is the thing...Jets offense looked best & scored there most points in pre-season when Sanchez was calling the plays...Remember ???:breakdance:

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yes, you are.

13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You should worry about your own crappy team, we'll worry about ours.

14. clickclack

clickclack Member

I was so angry last night watching that garbage that I had to go find a Jets board to post...FIRE F'NG SCHOTTY!

15. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

Where is a link to this?

16. finyank13

finyank13 New Member

says the clown who endorses Mel Kiper

17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Why do you need a link, this is coming from Incarcerated Bob whose word should clearly be gospel around here.

18. finyank13

finyank13 New Member

I am by no means saying Miami is better or worse than your team...just stating opinion, or in this case fact....

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You're being gay again, bro.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Good post. There is a potential bright side to all of this though. The Jets do have very professional players in that locker-room who understand what you need to do to win in the NFL. Guys like Shaun Ellis, Jerrico Cotchery, Nick Mangold, Brandon Moore, David Harris and Jim Leonhard. The problem is that those guys are the quiet guys in the room at the moment. This early season disorganization also presents an opportunity for one or more of those guys on both sides of the ball to step up and realign things to a more professional standard.

If Shaun Ellis and David Harris went from being the quiet strength on the defense to being vocal leaders. If they went from leading by example to leading in the huddle, it would make a big difference. The same for Jerrico Cotchery and Brandon Moore on the offensive side.

Leadership vacuums can either sit there and grow until they become a huge problem or they can be filled by people who already give their best effort and then stretch some to lead their units also.

This team is either going to come together and start holding each other accountable or it's going to come apart at the seams as the blame game starts. I'm willing to bet that the quiet leaders on the Jets make the first outcome more likely at this point.