17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

10,000 damn!!!!!!

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

you're a buck late

3. 17a_tailgater

i didnt need to be the 10,000 post, i was the first.

I was just stating we had past the 10,000 mark

4. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

WTF, JetBlue gate? Did I miss something, a new gate? What JeBlue Gate? Did Verizon get bought out? MetLife fold?

The damn stadium should be named JetBlue.

6. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

it's an extra gate where they're putting the newest released seats being sold via ticketmaster. it doesn't really exist however.

7. GrindHouse

GrindHouse Member

All PSL and Upper Deck seats are sold out!!! That is now being reported on the Jets website. Looks like they closed up shop and are getting ready to pack their bags. No more chatting with a PSL rep to find out what seats are still available. This might be all thanks to Revis coming back lol. I am just excited to know it's going to be a packed house on Mon the 13th!

#10007 GrindHouse, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  8. Gator

Gator Active Member

It's the Ravens which is real close, it's opening night, and they were giving tickets away this week so there will be a ton of Ravens fans in attendance. A ton. Those fans are serious too and it's Monday night. Probably be fights.

9. CT. Jets Fan

CT. Jets Fan New Member

Who was giving away a ton of free tickets to Ravens fans ??

10. Gator

Gator Active Member

Nah, I mean there were tickets all over the place available at cost. That gives road fans a lot of incentive to make the trip.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

People are buying the stadium food because it's an all new experience. You get to walk around and eat while gawking at everything. Give them a couple of games and they'll be more reluctant to part with $60 on all that stuff.

I'm going to the game with my son on Monday and, although we usually tailgate, we'll probably go from stand to stand looking around and buying an assortment of stuff. It's his first trip to the new stadium and it's just natural to want to try the new food. Did the same thing at the Eagles Concert.

But once things settle down, I doubt I'll be buying their mediocre, overpriced crap. I dropped over $60 with my wife at the Eagle Concert. Ain't gonna continue doing that for every home game. Besides, tailgates are more fun anyway.

12. 17a_tailgater

i have to try the pepper & eggs once this year.

13. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

"Hey Lardass, Chow Down Wide Load."

14. 17a_tailgater

Mayor Grundy barfed on his wife's tits!!!

15. 17a_tailgater

16. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Today's Newsday

If anyone has 50 cents burning a hole in their pocket todays Newsday has a great 32 page Jets/Giants pull out section with tons of Jets predictions for every game of season and a full page centerfold picture of new stadium takin during Jets/Giants pre-season game. Also good stadium article. Plus several good Jets interviews. Yep Newsday is a rag, but pretty good Jets stuff today.

I believe Jets sold out LL non club PSLs, think about it. This week Jets started for first time ZERO percent down for non season ticket holders or prior season ticketholders. Literally, I could have went to a library PC or payphone and under fake name bought 2010 PSL season tickets in lets say section 135 or 142 for with a $140 ticket price for only $1,120 a seat (only 8 games to pay for). Those tickets on stubhub go for like $350 a game. I could then bang out all eight games for a $1,600 profit per seat. Then when PSL payment is due at year end, I can either pay it if Jets look like this will be a sure thing scalping wise or walk away with $1,600 a seat profit.

At this point ALL fans who wanted a seat got a seat, this last 3% of seats are fly by night LLC scalpers picking up seats for a quick buck. Why did Jets do this? Well they can say no individual seats or even season tickets were sold in PSL sections without a PSL "everyone" had to buy a psl. Downside for Jets is they suck and the scalpers dont pay 2011 PSL payment but at least they sold the tickets for 2010. Upside is Jets go to championship game or Superbowl and scalpers make 2011 payments. In other words this last minute strategey is win/WIN for Jets.

Remember Matt Higgins said "by opening days we will sell out all non PSL club seats" He also said he would use whatever means necessary to acheive this goal.

Congrats, Jets this bud is for you. See you Monday!

17. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You certainly have it all figured out. According to you, the Jets are a pretty stupid business organization. They must be if they let people screw them like this. I wonder what else we can get away with?

18. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I think there was some other stuff in the announcement too.

19. trojannation

trojannation New Member

ticket rep says they sold out of nonclub psls

should we be skeptical?

20. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

No according to me they are a very smart organization.

First back in early 2009 they required 20% down from long term season tickets holders for many sections to give them skin in game. For instance sections 135 and 142 originally was 15k a seat and 20% down was a hefty 3k down and two psls payments due before you ever sat in your seat

Then they lowered it to 10% down for existing season ticket holders. Still skin in game and one PSL due before you sat in seat.

Then they did zero % down for UD people and 2007/2008/2009 season ticket holders where they had actual purchaser information. However, first PSL payment was due 9-1-2010 before season begain. Beauty was you had to pay for tickets right away and if you did not make 9-1-2010 PSL payment Jets can resale your eight regular season tickets and not refund your ticket money.

Then they reduced the LLEZ and LSL to 2.5k and 10K then they opened it back up to general public with 10% down and no PSL payment till 2011. Once again, skin in game of 10%

Then after people made the 9-1-2010 PSL payment but before start of season the final last ditch was zero percent down to total strangers off street and internet based LLC scalpers with no background check as long as you paid 100% for you season tickets before start of year. That move sold out remaining tickets for 2010 and allowed Jets to say no seats were sold without a PSL.

That was the last 3% of PSLs so that even a 50% default rate would only leave you 1.5% of PSL to resale. However, on that deal the PSL fee is due in January 2011 so Jets have time to re-sell those defaulted PSLs to new suckers before spring 2011 when the open market for PSL resales begins.

I would not be suprised if Jets sold remaining PSLs directly to scalpers and ticket resellers and told them upfront no PSL till January 2011 and since they want to dump them they won't chase them if they default in 2011.

I say well played. Jets are smart.

How would you have done it?