Jets vs Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

the most rational answer to this jets ravens games.
    Monday, 7 p.m. ET:

Baltimore at New York Jets: Michael Strahan said it best Monday night when he tweeted to his 7 billion or so followers, “An HBO Show Doesn’t Make You #1!” He’s right. Nor does Darrelle Revis, John Conner, or a wide angle shot of Woody Johnson, Rex Ryan, Mike Tannenbaum, and Braylon Edwards side-by-side-by-side-by-side jogging in unison on treadmills. Super Bowls are won on the field, and for as impressive as last season’s playoff run was, the 2009 Jets were still a 9-7 team helped out by two squads giving them games in Weeks 16 and 17, Mark Sanchez still threw 8 more interceptions than touchdowns, and ... well, HBO shows don’t make you No. 1 All the Jets hype is great for New York and I’m glad the same women that loved Carrie and Miranda on HBO now know Tony Richardson’s name. But I’ll take the Ravens on Monday night. Unlike the Jets, Flacco and the Baltimore offense actually looked good over the past few weeks.

The Pick: Ravens 31, Jets 17

as per comcast.com

go down to the monday night predicition.

2. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Fans of other teams just don't realize how good our defense is until their team plays us. Any Raven fan who thinks Baltimore is walking into the new meadowlands and putting up 30 on us is smoking some spectacular weed and needs to pm me with a hookup, pronto. The only way the Ravens score anywhere near 30 is if Sanchez throws them 3-5 picks (including a pick 6) and we fumble 2-3 times.

3. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

4. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

what the fuck does Michael Strahan have to do with anything?

???????? that makes no sense, and obviously the jets werent thinking HBO was a formula for winning the superbowl.

They dont give a fuck if they are on Hard Knocks, or not.

If the Ravens are going to score 31 points..Ray Rice will have 180yards rushing atleast. I dont see that going down.

5. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

because mark hasn't done that before, lets go ask the bills shall we?

6. ........

........ Trolls

He's no longer a rookie, and you sure as hell don't have the secondary of the Bills.

7. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I think a lot of people are just lashing out on the Jets because of all the shit talking and exposure that's come of this franchise. We've gone from being second class citizens to what we are now in a span of about 2 years.. I guess it's competitive culture shock.

Until we prove ourselves on the field again -- AFC Championship run of last year will always be considered a fluke to these hacks -- the Jets won't get much credit. It's the same reason the Patriots are favored every year and the Lions considered a laughing stock. Results speak louder than words. People are scared of change so they stick to the trendy 'consensus' pick. This year it seems to be the Cowboys, Packers, and Saints from the NFC with the Colts and Ravens from AFC.

8. ........

........ Trolls

Yeah, I'm not worried about what people say at this point. Any commentator or columnist who comes out picking the Jets is just going to be accused of riding the bandwagon or buying into the hype if it all comes crashing down. It's a much safer, and better, story line for them to be won over by Rex and Gang Green. A lot of these commentators are interesting in protecting their images and their jobs.

9. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

of course because the bills secondary is out of this world. Child please, unitl Sanchez proves otherwise to me he is still an int machine. he had the chance in the preseason and what did he do? stunk the whole game up. Sanchez sucked with his best reciever in the game during the preseason (with teams playing vanilla base defense), so what makes you think that he is going to light it up without Holmes.

10. ........

........ Trolls

The Bills were 2nd in the NFL against the pass last season, and were 2nd in INTs. Yes, their secondary in that game last season was a hell of a lot better than the one you'll be fielding on Monday night. I don't know how even the staunchest of Ravens homers could deny that.

And when I say 2nd, I mean 2nd. 2nd in total yards against, 2nd in YPA against, 2nd in INTs, 2nd in passer rating...

11. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

i finally come to realize that the reason behind the jets thinking that nobody can beat them is this:
    the jets have always been let down, never really done anything in over 40 years. this feeling makes any taste of success makes them feel like they are Gods. i want the nfl to just give the jets a sb trophy so they can get some self confidence

12. ........

........ Trolls

So, you're through arguing 'facts' and are just going to resort to broad ad hominem attacks against the entire fan base, followed by a hyperbolic and absurdly flailing act of condescension. That's one way to wave the white flag. Another would be to just take your ball and go home.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

This is the correct answer. :breakdance::breakdance::breakdance:

14. damnboy19

damnboy19 New Member

if the jets beat the ravens ill put my bank card number on this forum for everyone, that how confident the jets will not beat the ravens. which corners are you guys going to use to cover 3 guys that were number 1 recievers and who is going to cover heap and rice (please dont say pool or leonhard, heap used to abuse pool in cleveland)

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

How about you stop making those gay ass youtube videos with that gay ass fake accent?

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Since when is Michael Strahan's analysis worth anything?

And is he really saying the Ravens will win because their offense in preseason kicked ass.

Those Colts also looked mighty fine too the last four preseasons

17. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

We can't do shit about your bank card number with out your name, password, address, SS# and birthday! If jets win, you should buy everyone on this forum a jets jersey!

18. ........

........ Trolls

$14.73 split among all the members of the board doesn't get us far.

How about, if the Jets beat the Ravens, you donate $40 to the site. One of the admins or mods can surely verify that.

19. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

I won't even talk about the stupidity with your bank card..

Lets talk about the three #1's you got:

Anquan Boldin vs Darrelle Revis: Boldin is a damn good receiver. Problem: Revis is THE BEST CB in the game. The only hope you have here is if Revis has some rust from the holdout, but I wouldn't keep your hopes up. He's not Haynesworth, he actually kept up with conditioning and workouts. If all else fails we can get E Smith to break his jaw again.

Derrick Mason vs Kyle Wilson: I'm guessing it'll be Wilson here, coming out of the slot the matchup works better imo. Mason has been a solid, consistent receiver for years.. a lot of years. The guy is 36 years old and going up against a quick, physical corner in Kyle Wilson. He'll put up some numbers I think, but I'd be shocked if Mason goes for more than 50 yards and 6 catches. 1 INT

TJ Houshmandzadeh vs Antonio Cromartie: This guy has been with the team for less than a week. Doesn't know the playbook, no chemistry with Flacco, not likely a huge target this weekend. That aside, he's a good WR. Cromartie has looked very good in the preseason and looks like he'll flourish now that he's left the zone D in San Diego and is back to man to man. I think Cro dominates here. 1 INT.

Heap will have a solid game, nothing extraordinary though.

Rice will have a couple grabs too I think, some dinks and dunks when Flacco is under pressure assuming he's not picking up the blitz.

My predictions: Boldin - 3 catches - 37 yards. Mason - 4 catches - 35 yards. Houshmandzadeh - 2 catches 26 yards. Heap - 4 catches - 33 yards. Rice - 3 catches - 21 yards (TD).

Flacco will throw for ~160 yards, a TD, and 2 INT.

That's my take.

#279 Rockefella, Sep 8, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  20. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

The funny thing is, I am sure you think the more you post, the more we as Jets fans give a flying fuck what you say. The inverse is true. kthanxbai

BTW FYP and YSSCKYS.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.