Jets vs Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Sep 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

[​IMG]

#1 soxxx, Sep 6, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  2. ........

........ Trolls

Flacco just got another weapon: TJ Houshmandzadeh

3. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Adam_Schefter

Ravens reached agreement with former Seahawks wide receiver TJ Houshmandzadeh on a one-year, $855,000 deal. More at espn.com.

4. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Oh wow , Ravens counter our signing with one of theirs. The WR vs CB matchup just got a lot more exciting.

5. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

I guess Cro will cover him instead of Clayton.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

So Wilson on Clayton?

7. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm not sure Housh will do too much against us. It's tough for a wideout to come into a new system and pick things up right away.

Flacco and Housh will not be on the same page.

8. ........

........ Trolls

That's probably true. Mason may even continue to get the start after Housh is ready to go.

9. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

like i said in another thread. Stop ray rice, you obliterate this offense.

boldin can be shut out (by that I mean 0 for 0 for 0, ala Ochocinco) by Revis, I don't think he will, but he could be. This is the year mason finally falls off the horse (he is 37 after all) and Housh is brand new, and will have 0 chemistry with Flacco next week. 2 or 3 passes thrown his way at most.

Offensively, Sanchez has to make keller a weapon, with the secondary banged up, they have use that to our advantage

10. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Just put Eric the White on Boldin....that should put Anquan into the fetal position. :wink:

11. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I welcome this signing.

Against our now-complete secondary, the Ravens would have been better off taking their chances with veteran wide out Mark Clayton in the slot. He's not talented, but he knows the playbook; Housh doesn't.

Let's see a few forced passes in TJ's direction. They'll probably go for touchdowns.

12. SackExchange82

SackExchange82 New Member

No Ed Reed makes me smile. I think we will see the game come down to a mistake by either team, tight defense obviously will run the show. Hopefully we can show more on offense than we saw in the pre-season, I'm sure Schottenheimer's got some tricks up his sleeve.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I have a feeling Kyle Wilson is going to lay the wood on Ray Rice at least once on Monday night.

I've seen him do unbelievable things against the run - Revis and Wilson are awesome in run support. Wilson's going to make our defense so much more complete.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

This is the perfect quarterback opponent for the New York Jets.

Joe Flacco has a cannon for an arm, but his accuracy is always a little off and he's statue in the pocket. He'll be getting hit all night - which means we'll see a lot of forced throws.

Bring the noise, Rex.

15. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I was thinking along those lines the other day.

I wouldn't be shocked if Wilson's sack and/or TFL total are higher than his pick total by season's end. I think we're going to see him blitzing off the edge quite a bit, and the kid can make a sound tackle.

It'll really come into play against those fucking Wes Welker bubble screens. I liked how Donald Strickland played them last year; I expect Wilson to do just as well.

16. ........

........ Trolls

I want to see Smith or Ihedigbo take a shot at him early on.

I think Wilson very well may shadow him for some long stretches during the game, though.

17. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Rex has been game-planning this since the day the schedule came out. I think it really means a lot to him to beat his old team who passed him over for the head coach job.

Combine that with the sickest home-field advantage we may ever have (MNF in our first game ever in OUR stadium), I'd say you can mark off us as the winners in the "intangibles" category.

Unless Ray Rice just runs all over us or Sanchez absolutely shits the bed I don't see how we lose this game.

18. Matt4776

Matt4776 Active Member

Simple way to win. Stack 8 in the box, put Revis on TJ, Cro on Clayton, and Eric Smith on Boldin.

crap- was beaten to the punch.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

To me, a ball hawk is a guy that forces turnovers any which way he can - not just in the passing game.

Wilson goes for the ball when he hits QBs. It's amazing that a guy his size has the ability to make a game changing hit on a player.

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I do too. I have a feeling we're going to run a lot of nickel and a lot of 46 against Baltimore.

The four man fronts will allow us to slow their running game and get out best players on the field. With Pace out, we're going to have to compromise a bit.

The Ravens aren't going to gain many yards with Ellis, Pouha, and Jenkins on the same line and Flacco's going to be running for his life with Ihedigbo comes flying in from the outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.