Its A Long Off-season...so.....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jonnyd, Jun 6, 2006.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

heres the goofy scenario...the football gods come down to earth and visit yuo in your sleep one night....they make a proposition...they will gaurantee you that the jets will win the superbowl in the upcoming season...HOWEVER,the only caveat is this......You cannot under any circumstance watch any of the jet games...on tv or live at the stadium....you can listen on the radio,you can read the articles in the paper....but you cant watch higlites or the game at all......do you basically give up your ownpersonal football season so they can win?or are you greedy and turn down the offer and hope they win anyway?yeah im bored,but thats what i got today

2. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

I would do that. I listen to the radio a lot of times, and I don't mind it at all. I'm I allowed to watch the Super Bowl though?

3. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

I would do it only if i could watch the superbowl. But i dont have problem with the radio. sometimes i am on he road or i cant get the game on the TV then i listen to the radio.

4. jonnyd

hahah no way guys...no superbowl for you....youll be glued to your radio eating your nachos and such...still in?

5. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

yeah man. i would be defintly in.

6. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

I would do it... for the Jets

#6 dwalsh, Jun 6, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2005
  7. Denny

Denny Active Member

I'm a AM dial guy so when I don't get TV coverage I listen to the radio. Hell I did just that minus the few games I went to the bar for the year the NFL pass came out. (when it was free) I would turn the game on in my office and listen while I watched the local games (with the volume turned down obviously). I'd watch that stupid helmet move back and forth. It's exactly like that old dos computer football game where you pick the play and see if it worked. I think you picked run or pass?

A true die hard fan would take this challenge easily for a title. The plays look more dramatic in your head though there were times where I was checking highlights out because of a strange play or something (ex."The Immaculate Reception") that was hard to visualize. Depends on the announcer too.

Even though I wouldn't like it I'd do it.

8. Rambo13

Rambo13 New Member

I would not. If I wasn't able to watch any games, there goes much of the allure in following a team. Keeping up with players, seeing how the young guys develop, matchups, coaches scheming.

9. Tennessee Jet

Tennessee Jet New Member

I'd do it and put $500,000 on the jets tommorow, buy the jets and keep them in the SB for the next 150,000 years

10. themanwithnofingers

themanwithnofingers New Member

I would do that........whats new, we don't get many jets games here in aust anyway. Maybe one or 2 a year if we are lucky.........

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If the Jets ever get cheeleaders, can we watch them?

12. jonnyd

umm sure,we can get a quick peek at the jet ladies.....tennessee was the first one to realize the money-making possibilities

13. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

I get to see every JET game, pre and regular season. Plus all the JET pre-game stuff but I would give it all up without hesitation if that could happen. I can record the games, right? If not to watch during the season then to have one HELL of a party the second the SB was over.

14. RobA

RobA 2005-2007 TGG.com Most Optimistic Award Winner

Not a chance in hell. Wouldn't mind listening to the games on the radio, but it would take the fun out of the season already knowing the outcome.

15. jonnyd

ahhh spaulding and roba both put interesting spins on it....ummm i suppse you can watch the games after the season spaulding....and roba,thats an interesting point...but havent you had fun all these years?you know the outcome before every season starts no?heartbreak

16. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

As a season ticket holder and a person who hasn't missed a game in over 35 years, I would say no. And nobody is a bigger fan than I am. What's the point of having your team win if you can't experience it???????

It would be like saying you can marry the girl of your dreams, but you can't sleep with her. What's the point?

Ask the fans who were too young to see the Jets win Super Bowl III how much that matters to them. Not being able to watch the team win is the same as becoming a fan after they win.

No - I want to experience every second of such a magical season in person, live while it is happening so that it is etched in my memorey forever.

17. Capt. Spaulding

Capt. Spaulding New Member

I understand all the "I want to see it live" stuff but what I have seen live for the past 25+ years is fans of every other team saying that we suck and me saying "wait and see..." Screw that. If I KNEW we were going to win I could actually say "you'll see..." and mean it. There are those of us fans that get to see very few games but have to rely on highlites and press to see what has happened. I did for years when I lived in FL. I would gladly do it again for one year if I could tell all my shitty team fan friends to bite it and see what happens in JAN. Plus it would give me time to stock up on all the goodies (hic,cough) I would need for my PARTY!!! Go, JETS!!!

18. Denny

Denny Active Member

But remember in our hypothetical magical situation that you will have to wait for it to occur naturally. That could be never!

I do agree though if it were to happen it would be the best way to experience it. That is why I never turn away from the TV for a second when it's on even when the boys are down. Cause I live for the miracles. I salute your loyalty.

And about that dream girl....................................Phone sex, man!!!:smile:

19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Now I'm not a nitpicker and I misfire with typos all the time, but the most pressing headscratcher here is that you used 'caveat' and degraded to 'higlites' all in the same paragraph. I need a cocktail.

20. jonnyd

lol...i was typing fast because i heard the mr softee truck outside my house