Mark Sanchez - Leader

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by xxedge72x, Aug 9, 2010.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Jets' Sanchez grabbing leadership mantle

http://newyorkpost.com/p/sports/jets/sanchez_grabbing_leadership_mantle_gCjlXbpUrMjiKWNk6pImhJ

2. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see all his off season work come together on the field. It really sounds like we're going to see a different guy.

3. xxedge72x

Honestly what I think we're going to see out of Sanchez is what we saw in the playoffs... but consistently.

He has way too much talent surrounding him right now... the Jets have given him all of the tools to succeed and then some. There shouldn't be a sophomore slump this year. Most 2nd year quarterbacks could only dream of having the supporting cast Sanchez has.

I love reading these stories... really adds to the feeling that these Jets really could be the real deal... the Jets team we're talking about for the next 40 years.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

I don't think I have ever been this psyched up for a pre-season game. I've been to quite a few and they were just that - pre-season.

I'm so pumped for Monday its ridiculous...

5. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

^Me too. It's a good test going up against the Giants D-line, I wanna see how the LG handles it

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

It's really just you guys have never been so psyched for a season...period. Maybe 1999, but the Jets talk a lot more now, and have engaged the fanbase a lot more than in years past.

Not to mention, it's in a brand new stadium that many of us have never been to yet, and none of have been to a football game in yet. I'm so pumped. One week.

Because when you think about it, the cornerbacks and receivers on this team can easily be the best in team history. Last year, the running game was as good as this team has ever had, and now we're giving the ball to a more talented back.

It's just a really exciting time to be a fan. All hope, all hype, and most of it justified. Now, if we start off 1-2, people will start to panic: it's the nature of football. But this team has the potential to be scary good.

And the key to all that is Sanchez developing the way we all hoped he would. This isn't really surprising. He's always had all the intangibles. People at USC loved the kid, even though he only played one year there, because of all that.

This year, he's got the confidence of his teammates a lot more, and this meeting is a huge sign of leadership. He's also got a comfort level, not being a rookie anymore, not having to compete for a starting job, having an extra year in the system, and having an offseason to gain a rapport with his receivers. Last year at this time, we were talking Cotchery, Keller, Stuckey, and Clowney as our passing game. A few weeks later, Edwards came in, and while he did help, they clearly weren't on the same page a lot of times.

Now, he just has to actually produce on the field, and not turn the ball over. If he doesn't turn the ball over, the Jets have a ton of playmakers on offense who can score points, and the defense should be very, very good again.

#6 Jetfanmack, Aug 9, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  7. IATA

IATA Trolls

Mark Sanchezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

8. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Brilliant, getting this before we even hit pre season is just great.

9. crankenshaft

crankenshaft New Member

most admirable quality about the sanchize his level headedness and maturity

10. lamont_jordan_rules

... i love everything about this kid off the field ...

... if he's able to protect the ball a bit better & perform how he did in the final couple of games and playoffs last season ... this could truly be the start of something very special!!! ...

(and love the cajones that when the pressure went up last year in the playoffs so did his performance!)

l_j_r

11. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Fantastic post JFM.

Couldnt agree more. Cant ever remember being this excited for a season..and we have had a few potential seasons over the past decade..but nothing like this.

12. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

his sophomore slump was games 4-14.

13. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Leadership is nice, but, has he cracked 50% passing in a single practice yet?

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/#ixzz0wDbKU2GQ

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

PRATICE? Your talking about pratice man. Its not a game, its pratice.

:breakdance:

16. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Yeah, though the Revis crap definitely puts a cloud on it.

Sanchez's play in camp could be better though. It does always seem like he's below 50%. He is going against our defense, but he has some playmakers.

It does seem like we're getting more big plays though.

17. xxedge72x

It's still early in camp and I'm sure they're working on things that Sanchez probably still struggles with to try to iron out the kinks. There's no reason to really worry as long as he's executing the way the coaching staff expects him to at this point.

Who knows? The offense could end up being the major surprise of this season... especially because of the Revis situation.

18. xjets2002x

xjets2002x Active Member

I'm hoping he shows far more accuracy than he did last year. That was a major point of concern for me, and with the weapons he's been given, he really doesn't have an excuse this year.

I feel pretty positive about it. If he can get near or above 60, watch out.

-X-

19. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Are you supposed to have worse stats in practice?

We could say the same thing for this whole leadership articel. Its not a game - its practice.

20. Dan56

Dan56 New Member

I look for Sanchez to have a solid season really. His receivers should make him better and plus he has a year under his belt. I can't wait for the season. The division is ours this year.