Chrebet a Coach?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JETSFAN5180, Jun 2, 2006.

?

Bring Chrebet back at some capacity?

1. Yes

74 vote(s)
    84.1%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    15.9%
  1. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

I took part in a chat with Randy Langue about a month ago and asked him this same question. His response was that Chrebet is indeed being groomed to take Joe Namath's position as team ambassador to the public. So if this is true, it's been in the works already for some time. But Randy also said the team and Wayne had no intention of him becoming a coach.

2. WesleyWuzTheMan

WesleyWuzTheMan New Member

You never know who will work out as a coach and who won't. Wayne was a smart player with a great team ethic and an ability to communicate passion to his teammates and loyalty to the program. He would seem perfect, better than many marquee WRs who have difficulty understanding how anyone can make it in the NFL with less talent then he. But it's really a case of chemistry.

I'd like the Jets to give him a look, have him work with the new guys in training camp, and see if he wants to do it. I think he would, but it may not be a perfect match. The NFL can be a rough place for coaches with great skill sets, same as it is with players.

3. jtrain

jtrain Active Member

I don't think chrebet was all that. Yes its true he is small and is clutch but he was not worth crying about on a skill level. But he is very cool outside the field and is a great character and rolemodel to look up to. I will be happy if we can get him back in a coaching position or something

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Chrebet is no where near as talented as "your boy" Justin Gatlin...but at least he's cool outside the field.

5. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

This, unlike coaching, would be perfect for him. I'd vote YES on this

6. JETSFAN5180

JETSFAN5180 Banned

Randy Langue is a windbag he should be on the wfan with mike and the mad dog.

7. JetsYankees

JetsYankees New Member

Definitely could at the least be a team motivator and come in to motivate the guys if the team is struggling in any years.

Coach? I don't know about that. He seems like he really wants to turn the restuarant formely known as Bogart's into Chrebet's and he owns race horses. He has a horse racing license so maybe we'll see him in the saddle one day.

8. The Offseason

The Offseason New Member

As much as I'd love to see him as a coach, I don't see it happening. He has other intrests to pursue, I know he's a big horse guy. I'm sure he'll make visits though.

9. penny10jet

penny10jet New Member

Id love to see him back but i dont know if he would be able to. I know a guy who had 3 concussions and cant focus enough to hold down a steady job. Chrebet has had 8 and any coaching job in the NFL is a lot of hours and focus, i dont know if he would be able to do it

10. themanwithnofingers

themanwithnofingers New Member

At 32 he can be groomed into any coaching position. Time is not an issue here as he can learn these skills over a few seasons. Start the guy as an assistant, work out what he can bring to the team and if he can transfer his playing ethics to the coaching staff, then he might do ok......Has he stated what his post playing intentions are?