Jets will be better than advertised in 2006!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by drnyjets, Jun 1, 2006.

1. drnyjets

drnyjets New Member

I am confident that the Jets will have a great season this year. The Jets always do better when they are expected to lose, and not many people expect much out of us this year. What do you guys think?

2. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I think they'll be a boisterous 5-11.

3. The U

The U Member

We will be better than last season, write that down, how much better i do not know.

4. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

Absolute Best = 8-8
    Absolute Worst = 4-12

What I Think: 6-10 or 7-9

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think the Jets are going to get their butts kicked a lot, but I also think they will pull a couple of upsets against tough teams. Rebuilding means you have to suck.

6. k.Rhodes25

k.Rhodes25 New Member

the best our team is capable of id have to say is 9-7 or mayb 10-6. the worst i think would be 6-10 because we play a lot of teams that are the same or worse off then us.

I expect a 8-8 or a 9-7 season.

7. Ramseyfan

Ramseyfan New Member

I'm not very good with predictions so I paid Madame Barfly $50 to gaze into her crystal ball and give me the straight skinny.

You're gonna like this.

It turns out that Tom Brady is gonna be in and out of the Pats' lineup because of injuries. Culpepper doesn't make it back until late October and sucks when he does. My guy Ramsey starts and puts up big numbers but Penny looks sharp too. It turns out that the Jets have the strongest pair of QBs in the division and both will be needed during the season.

Jets 9-7 record is good enough to win the division.

I can get the playoff results if you want 'em. Can anybody lend me $50?

8. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

There ya go.

[​IMG]

9. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I like the direction the team is headed. We have started in the trenches to rebuild our offense. D'Brickashaw Ferguson and Nick Mangold are two great players to start this turnaround.

Realistically speaking though, I know there will be games where we just won't be able to compete in. I think 6-10 or 7-9 is very likely. We have a new head coach and completely brand new schemes. I link us to the 2005 Cleveland Browns. They went 6-10, but played better down the road.

So I predit 7-9 with some improvement near the end of the year.

PS: I think I am getting a D'Brickashaw Ferguson Jersey tomorrow from my girlfriend for our anniversary :beer:

10. joesmoe39

joesmoe39 Active Member

you still might have time to change her mind and have her get you a winner's jersey. #12 new england, even though he's the enemy, he certainly is a winner!!!!

11. Duk Dodgers

Duk Dodgers Active Member

We have an OC thats unproven in that capacity, DC and HC with the same situation.....still IMO I like the new coaches but we have to give them time to grow instead of making unrealistic claims, unless by 'great' you mean a 6 win season. I think we could range from awful to average, depending on our qb play.

12. DevTeam

DevTeam Well-Known Member

You guys are nuts for making these predictions. I guarantee you this much: I have no idea what's going to happen.

13. ice

ice New Member

let's see, a healthy chad, a much better offensive line and returning healthy key players.....let's not rule out a playoff season. it will be tough, but let's not rule it out altogether.

14. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

Dont you think great is a bit of a stretch. Im going to say 6-10, 7-9 at best. This team is still 2-3 years away from doing some GREAT things

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

I can just see the local CBS adds for the Jets "2 & 14 or 3 & 13 don't miss a snap"

16. parafly

parafly New Member

We have a completely new coaching staff, completely new offensive and defensive systems, and key players coming off injuries. That being said, this season has the potential to turn into a total disaster.

But I like what I have seen so far in our rebuilding process. This FO seems way more competent than the last, and if all the pieces fall in our favor, we could surprise some people and teams out there.

Given our rather easy schedule, I see us being a middle-of-the-pack kind of team. My guess as of right now is 7-9 or 8-8.

17. Ramseyfan

Ramseyfan New Member

Your could turn out to be right but rebuilding into a winner in the NFL isn't as much a problem as it once was because of parity.

Parity dictates that every team has holes. Every team has question marks. Every team is subject to major swings from one season to the next because of luck since most of the games are closely contested. Every team is a few players or a sharp coach away from the Super Bowl.

18. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

i say we go 6-10 at the worst and 10-6 at the best.

19. Drew

Drew Active Member

6-10 sounds about right to me.

20. Green Guy

Green Guy New Member

It really doesn't matter what the Jets' record is in 2006. The key is to see the building blocks going up as we rebuild. Even if we are 2-14, as long as we seem headed in the right direction, I'll be happy.