17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

and these #'s mean what Dharma?

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/jets/jets_reducing_prices_for_psls_dvWnuMyNqXwEuwjYIOID7I

FLORHAM PARK — The New York Jets are reducing the prices of about 18,000 personal seat licenses, including around 9,000 of which are unsold, by up to 50 percent beginning Friday in an effort to sell out the new Meadowlands Stadium by opening week.

Matt Higgins, the Jets’ executive vice president for business operations, told The Associated Press that the cuts affect three sections of seats: lower end zone, lower sideline and mezzanine end zone.

“Our No. 1 goal all along was to sell out the stadium by opening day,” Higgins said. “We believe the price cuts are aggressive.”

The Jets open on Sept. 13 against the Baltimore Ravens.

Higgins said the team was sending an e-mail Friday to alert fans of the reduced prices in the $1.6 billion stadium. Lower end-zone seats will be dropped from $5,000 to $2,500, as will those in the mezzanine end zone. Seats in the lower-sideline section will be cut from $15,000 to $10,000.

“It dramatically changes the cost,” Higgins said. “What we heard from a lot of fans was that they want to be in the building come opening day, but our lowest price point is just not affordable enough to get a lot of the fans back in who want to be in. So, when we looked at the options, we figured it makes sense to make these adjustments.”

Fans who already purchased the 9,000 seats affected by the cuts will receive the reduced price.

“We think that’s only fair,” Higgins said.

Last month, owner Woody Johnson told The AP he was confident the team would sell out the new stadium and avoid home games being blacked out by the time it plays Baltimore.

“We said a few weeks ago that there would be no blackouts and the reason why is we’re going to do what it takes to sell out,” Higgins said. “We think it makes a lot more sense to make the adjustments you need to do prior to opening day than after opening day, when the cameras are rolling and there are certain sections that aren’t sold out.”

Higgins said this is not a panic move by the team after perhaps overestimating the market and fans’ wallets. The team made similar cuts to seats in the sideline corners a few months ago, and Higgins said those seats sold out within a few weeks.

Higgins also insists the PSL situation has no effect on the Jets’ ability to sign several players looking for long-term deals, including All-Pro cornerback Darrelle Revis and center Nick Mangold.

“PSLs can only be used to pay for the construction of the stadium, so it’s two totally separate buckets of money,” he said. “One honestly has nothing to do with the other. That’s a fact. Also, it’s hard to accuse Woody Johnson of not being willing to do whatever he needs to do and spend what he needs to spend in order to win. There’s ample evidence of that.”

3. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

This whole process is pure bull shit. A few weeks I got offered two seats in row one in section 110 and turned it down cause of of the 30K now I would have snatched it but it is gone.

Last month I saw 4 seat in row one Mezz B which is in front of screen no blockage and you never have to stand up and I mentioned them to 227. Of course the price was not worth it and now they are gone.

Fuck I would have bought the two seats instead of what I got, 5k for two seats now with no money down, no payment to 2011 and free parking.

BTW people in 111a and 115a got fucked hard in the ass. They reduced all the other 15K seats to 10k except the silver of a seat over there.

Here are the details on the reductions in the licenses for the seats in those three zones:

Lower End Zone — The PSLs in Sections 101, 103, 104, 123, 124, 126, 128, 129, 148 and 149 have been reduced by 50 percent, from $5,000 to $2,500.

Mezzanine End Zone B — The PSLs in Sections 201, 202b, 203b, 224b, 225b, 226, 227b and 228b have been cut by 38 percent, from $4,000 to $2,500.

Lower Sideline — The PSLs in Sections 110, 116, 135 and 142 have been reduced by 33 percent, from $15,000 to $10,000.

4. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

watch every eposode of lost closely and you will understand.

5. 17a_tailgater

$120 a game ticket is still too much for an end zone view.
    if you pay for one ticket maybe u could justify.
    buying multiple just gets too expensive

6. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Very tempting indeed. I'm sure they'll sell out now, at least in the EZs... not sure about those more expensive ticket prices in sideline though.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I think you should move down-

You deserve it, DO IT!! Come on down!! lol

8. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The Jets are so fucking stupid, those endzone seats aren't selling because people won't want to pay $120 per game especially if you have to buy 2 worthless games. If they slashed the ticket price to $100 for the 8 games and $25 for the 2 pre-season, I would buy ten $5,000 PSLs today. Instead I'm buying 0 at $2,500 because I'll always be able to get tickets cheaper on the secondary market making the PSLs completely WORTHLESS

9. trojannation

trojannation New Member

i feel a lot better now having my 15K PSL reduced to 10K lol

10. GordonGecko

11. 17a_tailgater

dont you listen to him.
    i was just on the phone with my rep
    its very tempting
    10% psl up front $250 PER TICKET!!!!!

227 FIGHT IT
    dont think of this year think of next year's ticket hike

12. GordonGecko

Dude there's not going to be a ticket hike next year, more than likely they'll slash prices. Still doesn't mean you should buy worthless PSLs. Just buy your tickets on stubhub to any game you want for $90 the week of the game or wait for the Jets $15 "military" discounts

13. pats-hater

pats-hater Active Member

Got a call from the Jets this AM.

I'm not moving downstairs.

I'm sitting put.

14. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

You guys here called this. Kudos!!!

15. 17a_tailgater

put it down in a sig, 1 year from now ticket prices will be increased more than usual.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

This sucks in so many ways, although the embarrassment to them is a good thing.

I know my decision would have been different last year since I could have kept my location for 1/2 the price of what my decision was based on. Think about this though - my Upper Deck choices (yours too) would have been better since a good proportion of those who selected before me (or you) would have went with a PSL at these lower, but not quite market value prices, leaving perhaps, some Upper Prime Low-rows or at least low row yard line seats.

The anger will never cease.

Someone pointed out a "kudos" and he's right. Most of us posting here have had the situation nailed. It certainly helped me with my decision although I'm still not happy about it.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Nothing would have changed for me. Ticket prices suck and you have no recourse except to pay when the increase comes. Upper deck is still the only reasonable deal. But for the other 26,999 people, the new prices are excellent and you should jump on them.

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

19. Section 227. Row 5

Eagles Concert: Feeling Better Now About the Upper Deck

I attended the Eagles Concert last night and sat in the Upper Deck, Section 338. Here is a detailed report on my perceptions:

The Concert Itself: The Eagles still have it. Absolutely amazing concert. Non-stop hits, one after the other, and all sounded EXACTLY like the original recordings. Not one guitar ride out of place, not one note, not one harmony lost. These guys have it all over the Stones and other groups who lack the talent the Eagles have.

Upper Deck Views: Now for the part you guys really want to hear about. I must say that I settled into theUpper Deck last night and feel better about it this morning than I had after my tour. Let me go into detail about this:

The tour of my seats left a somewhat sour taste in my mouth a month or so ago. They had shut down the escalators and made me walk up every flight of stairs all the way to the top. And quickly too, because the Rep "didn't have too much time." By the time I had gotten to my seats and noticed how high I was and how far spread out, I was somewhat disheartened. But after being shown so PSLs in the Lower and Mezz EZ areas, I realized that ALL the seats in the stadium are disadvantaged in one way or another. The Lowers, for example, are on a very gradual incline. So gradual, that people standing in front of you, even 5 rows in front of you, will probably block your vision of the field. The only solution is to get front row seats, and these, as even the rep pointed out, are so low to the field that you see nothing anyway in the way of a play developing.

The Mezz is slightly better, but still somewhat gradual a slope, although not as gradual as the Lowers. Still, in order to see well, you need to be in front rows, and they are all long gone now, especially with this latest offering.

The Uppers are the steepest grade and therefore offer god overall views of the entire field... from ANYWHERE in the Uppers, unlike many of the PSL seats below. No one will be able to say that they did not see a play develope from the Upper deck, I don't care if you are last row EZ. It is steep to the point where you must watch your step, seriously. Care should be taken with little children, that's for sure. I got to go over to my section, 342, but the guard wouldn't let me go up to my row. so I went up to the same row in 340 and it is not bad. Yes, it's spread out and you're further away, BUT SO IUS EVERY DAMNED SEAT IN THE HOUSE because of the very shape of the bowls (more like shallow saucers). So if it's close you want, you're not going to get it in this stadium unless you pay through the nose for front rows and even then, you're too damn low in most cases. For this reason, I now consider the 1st Row of the Upper Deck to be the BEST SEATS IN THE HOUSE FOR THE MONEY. Strange but true.

The Stadium and the Parking
    : With escalators in full swing, getting to the Upper Deck was exceptionally easy. I parked on the west side of the stadium and entered The Pepsi Gate, of course, since I'm a Pepsi Corner Guy through and through. There's an escalator system (a series of three escalators that elevate you to the 100s, 200s, and finally 300s. There is also the same setup on the sidelines on the south side of the stadium. We used both with ease as we checked out the various levels. The walking is bareable with many, many concessions and wide concourses that are covered. In fact, we had a brief shower and my wife and I ducked into the concourse for shelter for 20 minutes or so. The concourse in the Upper Deck is not a boring place to hang out and "people watch" while ducking a T-storm... like I say... plenty of concesions and carts (every 15-20' or so). Rest rooms are plentiful.

Leaving, my wife and I chose to hoof it down the stairs. No problem. Yes, it's quite a number of stairs, but going downhill is quite easy. We easily and quickly avoided the traffic jambs on the escalators and wound up in the parking lot before 85% of the rest of the Eagles audience had even exited the stadium. We quicly got into our car and headed west and south to the TNPK and gone... home in no time.

The parking lots, by the way, are all still very fucked up because demolition on Giants Stadium is dragging. The very large area over there is chanin-linked off still. One can only imagine how nice it will be when this is all paved. I am 90% sure SOMETHING WILL BE DONE with the ORANGE PARKING situation when this happens. There's just too much real estate over on the SW side to not have some of it redesignated for Upper Deck people, especially as the season wears on and more PSL people invade the Orange lots for tailgating. The result will be MANY empty or near empty lots on the west or SW side and overloaded, dangerous, traffic congested situations on the east side of 120. Something is going to have to change... and it will, believe me, after the PSLs are sold and they no longer use the Orange situation as a tool or PSL pry-bar on the Upper Deckers. It's all about intimidation right now. After the dust settles, it's going to be about safety and traffic control and using common sense and State Police reports of too much overcrowding of Orange lots with many empty spaces in the other PSL-designated lots.

Upper Deck Concessions: The concourse is very wide up there and there are permanent concessions (built in) and also "carts" like hot dog carts manned by one person. Okay, here's what I can remember from last night:

Permanent Fixtures: Frank's Hot Dogs (French fried hot dogs, fries, cheese fries, popcorn, sodas beer and many oter things. Brooklyn Hamburgers (hamburgers, cheeseburgers, other stuff. Also some exotice stuff like fried clams with tartar sauce, etc. Also serves beer and Pepsi. Philly Cheesesteaks with fried onions, Primio Sausage sandwiches (hot or sweet) with onions and peppers. There has to be pizza, I just don't remember seeing one. Popcorn and peanuts and other snacks.

Carts: Beer carts up the whazzoo (every 20') with Bud Light and Miller light bottles on ice. Also tap machines pouring into cups, but you're better off with the bottles because the cups foam like crazy and you're getting far less than 16 oz. Beer is $8.75 and water, ice tea and soda is $4.75. Mrs. Fields carts with brownies and CC cookies (two for $5.00). Ice Cream carts: "Big boy cones" and ice cream sandwiches, plus itallian ice in a cup.

Our cost last night: Started out with fried clams as an appetizer: $8.75. Ridiculously small (size of a tea cup) and not particularly good. Bottle of water: $4.75. Two Philly Cheesteaks ($10 ea). Pretty good ones with fired onions, cooked right in front of you. Bud Light (hate the stuff): $8.75, another water for my wife: $4.75. Later on, two sets of Mr.s Fields CC cookies (two cookies for $5.00). Another water ($4.74). Buttered Popcorn ($4.75) and a "big boy cone" ($7) and one more water. Total damage: $63.00.

You can bring in your own sandwiches. Ran into a fellow Jets fan and his wife who had brought Subway subs and large bag of chips. Also water, but they took away the cap (bring extra caps in your pocket and when they throw away your cap, screw the other one back on later). The sentiment on this board is pretty universal across the board... even among Giants fans I talked to. They all feel like they got screwed. The opinions expressed by many here are shared fairly universally it seems... we are not alone in our opinions of the entire process and everyone I talked to is well aware of the shenanigans and downright deplorable sales tactics of the reps and are pretty universally fed up.

Conclusions and Summary
    : We are feeling much better about our choice of the Upper Deck now. It's still the excellent value we thought it would be. No PSL out of pocket, no long-term committments. Just take it every year as it goes. The views are okay... you get used to the height and te overall field of vision for the playing field in general cannot be beat and will not be excelled in the Mezz and certainly not in the Lowers... every corner of the field at a glance. Jumbo screens will cover closeups of the action and all four are visible unless you are sitting right underneath one. My opion is they are going to HAVE TO do something about the restricted Upper Deck parking scam for safety and traffic control reasons if for no other. The escalators make getting to your seats quite convenient and take away the sting of having to walk for 18 minutes to climb it. Leaving, you have the option of taking the escalators or just hoof it down the stairs, which was not demanding at all. Someone asked about elevators the other day. Forget about elevators. There are some in the building (very few) and will be used for wheelchair people most likely. Anyway, they are few and far betweena nd at inconvenient locations, IMO. The covered concourse are is like a "hang out" and very good for shelter from a quick, nasty T-storm like we had last nite at about 7 or so, just as Keith Urban took the stage. So we stayed dry for the 15 minutes and had some food and then I went to themen's rooma nd got some paper towels and dried off the seats again and the rest of the concert was a blast.

BTW, Section 227 "Christened" the men's room in the Pepsi Corner for you all. First adult-sized urinal on the left as you enter is mine. The men's rooms are set up well. Tradffic flow will be no problem. You enter and there is nothing but urinals on both sides of the walls... no sinks. WTF? you go around the corner and nothing but sinks just before exiting, so they have the traffic flow all figured out. There are many rest rooms up there too... every 75-100' I would estimate.

20. Section 227. Row 5

I'm standing pat. Read my above post. You are going to like your Upper seats, mark my words. We've got the best seats in the house for the money. Great value. NO PSL and no price hikes becauee they know the market won't bear it, unlike the PSL sections where the incest raping will commence in the spring of 2011.