Revis' Agent says contract demands aren't accurate.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NDmick, May 18, 2010.

1. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Revis still probably wants to be the highest paid defensive player in the league after coming up 2nd in defensive player of the year voting at the age of 24. Asomugha got about 15 mil per year so that's a starting place.

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Mike Lombardi is a piece of shit. At least other assholes like Florio or Peter King use words like "I think" or "probably", but Lombardi makes every rumor seem as if it's 100% fact.

3. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Haha! First thing I thought of.

How crazy is it to think we/espn were trying to decide bewteen Revis and Hall.

4. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Yep, and since he works for NFL Network theres no way the NFL can be happy with him right now.

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I didn't see him report it for NFLN last night, I think he only reported it for the NFP. He didn't report the trade rumors right before the draft on NFLN either.

6. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

6 years 96 million is my guess as to what the numbers will be, half of it guaranteed... Gotta pay him at least as much as Aso.

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I actually saw NFLN report this on Sunday in between NFL Replay's on "NFL News Breaks". I believe they left it vague by saying, "NFL Network is reporting that Darrelle Revis and his agent...looking to get $20M per year..." Lombardi's name might've been used on the ticker they run at the bottom of the screen ("Lombardi: New York Jets CB Darrelle Revis..."), but I do remember hearing it on NFLN on Sunday afternoon and texting my friend about it.

8. Chip Chipperson

Chip Chipperson New Member

This is exactly what Obama was warning us about when he suggested that we not read or listen to any news that he doesn't provide us.