FYI: Leon Washington on WFAN 12:05

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JfaulkNYJ, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I understand the business side and I know he will probably never be the same player again. I do understand the Jets dodged the bullet. It's just that if anyone deserved the paycheck, it was him.

We may not have heard the last of this either. I can see "60 Minutes" fifteen years down the road doing an interview with Leon Washington and Charity, sitting on the front porch of their trailer in some trailer park in Florida, being interviewed on "Where Are They Now?' and talking about living on food stamps after life in the NFL 15 years ago.

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I don't think he deserved the money he was seeking. And I'm glad he's not getting the money the Jets offered. I would rather have that money to sign the current core - Revis, Mangold, Ferguson, etc.

And if he was such a good guy, Keels would not have been his agent and he never would have been in this situation. I think people are spending too much time paying homage to one player whose impact on the team was just not that significant. 450 total yards on no TDs last year after 7 games says it all. The Jets will be fine without him. He was already gone after week 7.

3. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I was all for him getting payed before he was injured but after the injury it would have been impossible for him to get his contract and it would have been impossible for the Jets to sign him next year with Mangold and Harris hitting free agency while they still need to resign Santonio/Edwards and make a decision on Cromartie.

Personally, I would rather see the Jets cut ties with him now and have his replacement set if only so that is one less big signing to worry about over the next two seasons.

4. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Business side of this game sucks, but that's the way things go. I'm still getting his Jets jersey and rooting for him in Seattle.

5. Altoona

Altoona Well-Known Member

It never even occurred to me that the poster might have been trying to be funny. My apologies if that was in fact the case....

6. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

i am kind of worried about all the contracts due at the end of the season. The team changed a fair amount this season and will most likely change a lot more next season.

7. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm not so worried. Tanny did a great job in dumping/trading a bunch of players with inflated/big contracts for next year.

Rhodes and Faneca are two that come to mind. Not having to worry about signing Leon Washington to a long-term deal, if he indeed does return to regular form also helps. Big Wood's contract could also get dumped next year if Slauson AND Vlad beast it up in TC and PS. That would give us the freedom to plug Slauson at LG and Vladdy-D at RT. The way I see it, either Edwards or Holmes won't see the #'s they want to acquire contract-wise and we'll pay them accordingly. If the loser of that competition wants to bitch he'll be gone. At worst, we'll end up tagging someone, but not impossible to sign some of the most important core guys.

8. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

The same was said about Vilma...

Anyway, c'est la vie in the NFL.

#68 blackbusiness, Apr 28, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  9. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

TJ, Leon, and Faneca were mediocre players? Really?! I understand the reasoning for each move, but mediocre? Seriously?! That would suggest that Tanny made a mistake in bringing them in the first place, which would lead us to question his current choices. I wonder if you were on the bandwagon when these 'mediocre' players were brought in and producing. Think things through before you spew hate just for hates sake.

10. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

As for Charity, I agree that her delivery could have been a bit more polished, however I respect her raw emotion/authenticity, and her sentiment is accurate. The fact remains that she spoke the truth. This team will implode at the end of the year with the glut of talent expecting larger contracts. We all know it, and accept it; Just bring home a championship. Besides, the situation can't really worsen as he's already been given his walking papers. In the end I believe and put my trust in any spawn of Buddy Ryan.

11. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

I know nothing of Mrs. Warner, however a wise man once said; “The evil that is in the world almost always comes of ignorance, and good intentions may do as much harm as malevolence if they lack understanding.” - Albert Camus, French Novelist, Nobel Prize for Literature

12. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

Amen and Bravo, my sentiments exactly. I couldn't have said it better myself.

13. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

Fantastic story which illustrates why this guy was a fan favorite and so loved. He will be missed, and I will be rooting for him as well. I have a weird feeling that we will be playing Seattle next year, as history (or ratings) would have it.

14. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

Nonsensical drivel.

15. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

Gun shots.

16. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

Subtract the weave and three-inch heels and they are probably the same height, kinda sorta. :) [No disrespect.]

17. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

lmao. Just mean. :rofl2:

Also, we can't afford her. :up:

Ok, I have said my fill.

18. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

^^^ Quote me next! My turn!!

19. blackbusiness

blackbusiness New Member

You have to give me some fodder. Either say something intelligent or shoot straight from the hip like some of our bretheren on here. Oh wiat, never mind. I just quoted you.

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

There is a multi-quote option. Learn how to use it.