Wilson was a Steal

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jabba the Jet, Apr 23, 2010.

1. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

Yes, I think Wilson just would've been too good to pass up.

2. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Tanny made it very clear Wilson, by far, was the best player on the board....Odrick wasn't in play.

3. Laveranues

Laveranues Member

alright well as long as we have a better player than the Dolphins got, I'm happy. Lol thanks guys.

4. Jet Zero

Jet Zero New Member

Revis, Cromartie, and now Wilson... The East Rutherford Triangle, where opposing receivers will get lost!

I'm excited to see what tonight will bring!

5. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Kyle Wilson is a beast, and, again, I love the pick. But to turn down a chance at three 2nd rounders in this draft is ignorant of the talent level at CB in rounds 2-3, among other positions. There are still some guys with high potential sitting on the board, ATM.

But as I said, I highly doubt anyone offered that, so the debate is fairly moot.

6. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

I don't think we would have ended up with three 2nd rounders. The Vikings traded 30th (1st round) and 128th (4th) to Lions for 34th (2nd), 100th (4th) and 214th (7th). So if the Jets made a similar deal, we would have replaced our 1st with a 2nd, gotten a higher 4th and added a 7th. Better to stay where we were and take Wilson.

7. Welcome to J-Ville

Welcome to J-Ville New Member

I can't wait for Training camp where Holmes, Edwards, and Cotchery are going up against Revis, Cromartie, and Wilson.

8. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

My favorite part was Steve Young saying how our defense is scary now and that you don't want to face the Jets defense. Awesome.:up:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TMCiFmr7E4[/YOUTUBE]

9. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

That will be some epic camp fun right there. :beer:

10. #92ShaunIsHotter#92

#92ShaunIsHotter#92 New Member

The more I think about this pick the more I like it. The Jets already had the #1 pass defense last year and now they very likely have made 2 upgrades. Some might say they should have filled a weakness but as someone else pointed out, by drafting a strength they make the opposition one-dimensional. It doesn't matter that they don't have the best pass rushing personnel in football because now they can send 6-7 every play if they want to. I see a lot of coverage sacks this year, a lot of quarterback throwaways, and a ton of QB hurries. Passing will be futile so opponents will be forced to rely on their run game and with the Jets cover skills, they can put 8 in the box every play if they want. Drafting a strength doesn't just upgrade our nickelback, it makes everyone better.

11. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

As I said in another thread, IMO the news about Sergio Kindle's knee makes the Wilson pick even more of a no brainer

It was already a steal, but now its a no brainer too

JMO

12. Jabba the Jet

Jabba the Jet New Member

13. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

Coverage sacks all over the place this year...in a pass happy league..you better try running against the Jets...ooo wait..we have Jenkins...well good luck on special teams I guess...

14. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

To be honest, before Revis, I HATED grabbing CB's with the first pick (probably because I remember getting McMillan and Hasty in the third...

But given the ST ability, and the fact that we have ZERO punt return game...

It's not a really sexy pick, but I think this is the pick that will stand out right from week one.
    (Though as far as steal, Gil Brandt did have him as a third tier player, so he went right where (except for alphabetization) GB said he should.

I also love to see local boys stay local.