Kyle Wilson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Pluvrr, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Windeos

Windeos Member

We took the player rated highest on our draft board because Rex and co feel our team is already set.

The best player when we selected was Wilson (by a mile according to Tann and Rex at the conference) so why have we made a bad pick?

There are plenty of Ol and Dl players in later rounds, Wilson is a special player who the Browns were very close to taking at number 7 overall.

2. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

How old was Brett then? Rodgers fell to all the way to the 24th pick and the Packers needed a QB to be groomed by one of the best to ever do it. The situation did not turn out as nicely as they would've liked, but the need for a successor to Brett was there and it has paid off.

3. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Um, look at all the good teams in the league.. most have 3 receivers and can pass the ball. Look at the top teams.. Saints, Vikings, Cowboys, Eagles, Chargers, Colts, Patriots, the Jets now join the group with Holmes.. all have at least 3 receivers and can pass the ball. I mean the Dolphins only have 1 receiver, but most teams have 2 or 3 at least that can catch the ball and they spread it out.

The Jets just made the #1 pass defense in the NFL even better, and now we can feel much more confident going up against the elite passers in the league like Peyton Manning.

4. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Or drafting a DE in the 1st when they have Freeney and Mathis. Oh wait... :rolleyes:

5. guinness77

guinness77 Active Member

You must feel real geeked up about Odrick considering you're on a Jets message board at 1:30 in the morning arguing about how perplexed you are about our pick. <shaking head as I write this>

6. GreenMachine

And Wilson fell to 29..Really what the fuck are you on?

7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

lets not induct him into the hall of fame quite yet... but i am happy and impressed with the pick. he seems to be a guy who can contribute right away and will fill a need 2 years from now i am sure.

odrick would have been nice as would the olb from texas... but i cannot say i am unhappy with this pick.

8. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

Rex Ryan wanted a cornerback.. he now went ahead and got arguable the best cover corner in this draft. Now the defense can take even more chances knowing we have 3 very good corners out there to cover.

9. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

Only players that would have made me happier would be Suh, Berry, and Haden... and they were all gone by the 7th pick. Earl Thomas and Iupati were close, but I still might have gone Wilson. This is huge... look out Peyton!

10. MikeHoncho

MikeHoncho Trolls

I love how the guy who thinks Odrick is a nose tackle is coming onto Jets boards to tell them taking a corner was a bad move.

11. GreenMachine

Nobody is calling him HOF. The question is...Leonard or Wilson returning punts/ And Wilson or Coleman..

12. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Sheesh guys, read what I write before responding. I never said it was a bad pick. I said he is a good player but the pick was a luxury pick considering you guys have top guys at the position.

13. GreenMachine

End thread. That is exactly what a BPA is...

14. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Holy shit, there are actually people complaining about this pick?

Wow.

15. RevisCromartieisland

Technically any pick was a luxury pick considering we are basically set with all our starters.
    Next Phins fan please.

16. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Or drafting Odrick when you already have Merling, Langford and Starks.

Just to try and use the same flawed logic as our Dolphin friend.

17. RevisCromartieisland

You use the word "logic" and my nipples get hard. What does this mean?

18. LEGIONS

LEGIONS Member

no more shitty #3 ,4 wr having career days and causing us to lose(allie,gracon) now dline has extra half second to get to qb(sack,hurries,knockdown)

19. ElleClouds

ElleClouds Banned

Dude, I know what BPA means...but I'm sure you knew that already... at least I hope. The holes on OL would be Faneca and Woody. Both don't have much left in the tanks and on DL, Jenkins is aging and coming off an injury. JT is aged and coming off injury and Gholston is ghost.

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

It's pretty obvious that ElleClouds does not know what the draft is all about.
    [​IMG]