Marshall To Dolphins For 2nd Rounder

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by 17a_tailgater, Apr 14, 2010.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

You and NFL.com are both wrong. Vincent Jackson is 7'2".

2. Ziggie97

Ziggie97 New Member

First off comparing holmes to marshall is absurd.

Its not even close.

Marshall has had 3 consecutive seasons with 100 catches. He has the most 20 reception games in a single season. hes 6'4 while holmes is 5'11. He puts up better numbers with a much worse qb throwing to him.

In terms of pure talent, he might be the best reciever outside of larry fitz and calvin johnson.

Yeah hes a knucklehead, but santonio holmes isn't? They're both in the same boat. One arrest away from being suspended for a year.

At least marshall can play the first 4 games this season though. He earned the contract he got.

You're so high and mighty from your offseason, but I like dansby better then any of your defensive acquisitions.

Cromartie had only a combined five interceptions the last two seasons. This despite playing all 32 possible NFL games in that span. The guys not tough at all. He specifically showed this in run support. check the youtube video, Cromartie is shown not even attempting to tackle Jet’s running back Shonn Grenne, who then ran straight past him for a touchdown. The guy has gotten worse every season. Thats why the chargers said the hell with him.

Dansy might have been on a defense that allowed a bunch of points, but you jet fans are quick to forget a defense is made of 11 players on the field, not 1. The guy has had 3 seonsecutive 100+ tackle seasons and has forced 15 turnovers in that span. The guy is considered one of the best coverage mlbs in the nfl, and fits perfectly into our 3-4 system.

LT? Garbage. Hes shown it too. One of the best rbs of all time, but the millage on him is too much. You think the jets have a bvetter running attack then the dolphins ? LOL

Compare LT and Ronnies stats last year

Compare Leon Washington and Rickys stats last year

not even close.

Mark Sanchez is also a bumb. the guy is mediocere at best. Chad henne had just as many tds, 6 less interception, a waaaaay higher qb rating and he started 3 less games. Not to mention he had way worse recievers to throw to.

#342 Ziggie97, Apr 15, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  3. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

1. We're still a better football team

2. I could be wrong b/c I haven't read the whole thread but I don't think anyone said Holmes is a better WR than Marshall. I think they said we got the better end of the deals, giving up a 5th round for Holmes while you gave up two second rounders and gave him a huge contract.

3. Where were you and the other Dolphin fans on this board during the playoffs, beginning of the off-season or just 2 days ago for that matter?

EDIT: And why would we compare Leon and Ricky's stats last year? Leon was hurt half the season anyway. What point are you trying to prove?

#343 AJayJay, Apr 15, 2010
  4. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

Your whole post is mediocre.

5. Ziggie97

Ziggie97 New Member

"1. We're still a better football team

2. I could be wrong b/c I haven't read the whole thread but I don't think anyone said Holmes is a better WR than Marshall. I think they said we got the better end of the deals, giving up a 5th round for Holmes while you gave up two second rounders and gave him a huge contract.

3. Where were you and the other Dolphin fans on this board during the playoffs, beginning of the off-season or just 2 days ago for that matter?"

1 - no way in hell. We will see when the season begins.. I am confident Tuna and co. will spank your asses this year.

2 - You act like 2nd rounders hold so much value. Who do the dolphins take in the 2nd round anyways? Pat White? John Beck? Philip Merling?

3 - Needed some ammunition before i came talking smack. Marshall and Dansby have given me just that.

6. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

there isn't one bit of substance to this post in any capacity.

Mark Sanchez is a bum?.....hahahahaha.

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It's bumb, not bum.

And yes, let's compare Williams stats to Washington, that makes sense. Being that one was out most of the year and the other a starter once Brown went down.

8. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

you're the anti-Jtuds :smile:

9. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

you really missed the point of that last question huh?

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

raiderjoe's cousin dolphinbob

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

dolphinbob....LOL

12. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

:rofl:

dolphinbob indeed.

13. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

HAHAHA dolphinbob. that is awesome :rofl:

We must have one damn good coach then; because, despite everything he blathered in his post, we still went to the AFCC and were 30 mins away from the Superbowl.

14. ........

........ Trolls

You beat us twice last year...and we still made the AFCC while you sat at home. Enjoy the Tuna. This is likely his last year. He just saddled you with the highest WR contract in history for a noted malcontent, and there's no way Parcells is there until the end of it. You've got maybe 2 years of mild success with him until he leaves and the wheels fall off again.

Don't use your team's shoddy history in the 2nd round to disparage the inherent value. I notice you didn't say "Who do the Dolphins take in the 2nd round anyways? Chad Henne? Sean Smith?" Apparently, both of those guys are worthless, too.

You joined this site in 2008, which was the year of the AFC East championship for the Dolphins, suspiciously bandwagon to say the least. You have a grand total of 9 posts since then. I'd say you've been feeling that lack of ammunition for some time now.

The difference between Jets fans and Dolphins fans? We don't feel a need to come justify ourselves and our moves on your boards. That's just what an inferiority complex does for you, though.

15. ........

........ Trolls

Let's stay on topic here, guys.

16. TonyM2015

TonyM2015 New Member

Well said.

17. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

It almost sounds like the poster feels the Dolphins can't draft for shit anyway, so might as well drop the 2nd rounders.

18. ........

........ Trolls

That was his argument, yes. He chose rather conveniently to make that argument, too.

19. Docny1975

Docny1975 New Member

Crappy formatting but Yea you guys have the better running team :drunk:

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categoryst...sonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Edit
    I should add I know different RB's but still with our OLine I don't see us having a drop off

#359 Docny1975, Apr 15, 2010
  20. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member