Santonio Holmes a Jet - For a 5th Round Pick!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Catfish Billy, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Odd Neck Stems

If that is the case, it'll still feel too good to be true. :smile: Which is not a complaint.

If we just give up Leon as well, I'm obviously still in favor of the trade, but it makes it less ridiculously awesome. I'm simply not counting on the fact that we're getting a #1 WR for only a fifth round pick, and since there are no official team releases about the trade, I'm trying to wait until morning and the official press release before I feel completely comfortable.

2. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Fucking awesome. Nothing more needs to be said about this. Fucking awesome.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm not talking about the guys that will be skeptical of this move because they feel we gave up too much...I'm talking about the guys that think Leon Washington is a football god.

If we traded Leon Washington to the Ravens for Haloti Ngata, these guys would be pissed off.

"WE TRADED LEON! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

As far as I'm concerned, they know absolutely nothing about this sport.

4. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Well that ill agree with.

Only thing im gonna miss about Leon is hes fricken dirty in Madden.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ask yourself: WWJDD? (What Would Jason Davis Do?)

You know what he'd do? He'd trade a first and third for Leon Washington.

6. Odd Neck Stems

I was planning on pulling an all-nighter anyway, but now I get no sleep and no work done.

7. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

as long as the game against pittsburgh isn't in the first 4 weeks! but good point!

8. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

His character issues are troubling, but for only a 5th round pick low risk, high reward.

9. thatisjetsfootball

thatisjetsfootball Active Member

by the way cato love your comments on the steelers message board!

10. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

We haven't lost Leon yet... everyone's talking like he's definitely gone to the Steelers. Hopefully that rumor never comes to fruition, fingers crossed.

11. Bvon

Bvon New Member

WOW....so was my post. Pretty much stating how much of a great deal we got. Reading between the lines can help.

12. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Can we now try to dump Gholston for fear on the potential salary cap problems in 2011? I think we need to save as much money as possible for next year.

13. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

Yeah sending Leon off sort of makes this a whatever deal. Sure maybe the values work out and we need an experienced WR more than a RB, but it makes me a lot less excited about this trade.

I am still hoping we trade Leon for a high third low second value during the draft or we keep him and he comes back as good as ever.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

hope we make one of the back pages of the papers...just like how we did when we got thomas jones

15. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

this move makes brad smith expendable. He is now 4th on the depth chart and I highly doubt we use a lot of gimmicks next year with the offensive talent we now have and a qb with a full season under his belt. If we can get a 3rd to 5th round pick for him, we should definitely pull the trigger.... thoughts?

16. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I don't think Rex is done with the Gholston experiment, if he was Tanny would have already cut him already.

17. masivemunkey

masivemunkey Member

I think we keep Brad Smith, last year he really proved his worth in my eyes.

3rd and 5th might be too good of a deal to pass up for him in this draft though, but I really don't think any team gives us that for smith. Remember we got Jenkins for a 3rd and a 5th.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Yeah, I have some thoughts. I thought you weren't going to post on TGG anymore? Why'd you come back?

Do you watch this team? Brad Smith is an incredibly valuable special teams player.

19. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

At least we now have a clear replacement for Rhodes in terms of 'tarded twitter postings.

Still - its a great pick up and great value.

From nfl.com - The Pittsburgh Steelers traded wide receiver Santonio Holmes to the New York Jets late Sunday night for a fifth-round draft pick in this month's NFL draft.

So seems clear its a 2010 pick - no mention of LW.

#499 JetsUK, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  20. ihatethedolphins3

ihatethedolphins3 New Member

I explained in another thread why I came back and I don't feel like retyping it, sorry.

I do agree Smith is a very good special teams player. But he is just that-a replaceable special teams player. With a coach like Westoff we can afford to lose special team aces in lieu of younger more talented players who could potentially be starters. This is one of the deepest drafts in recent years and if we can a third round pick or early fourth for smith, I personally think we should pounce. The addition of Holmes not only makes him expendable as a receiver, but his ability to stretch the defense adds an offensive dimension that will make gimmick plays less needed imo.

Asking retarded questions like do you even watch this team makes you look like an immature ass, which I'm sure your not. Jet season tickets have been in my family since 1966, I own a psl and have been a loyal jet fan for all 24 years of my life, do not question a man's fanhood

#500 ihatethedolphins3, Apr 12, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2010