Baseless Speculation: Jets Pursuing Washington Players? Possibly Landry?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Keithnyj, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

I think they’re going to be aggressive,” he said. “There have already been some calls.”

With trade and even some restricted free-agent chatter expected to pick up in the coming weeks, the Redskins appear to be the sellers. Conversely, the three personnel sources said they believed the New York Jets may end up being amongst the most active “buyers”, whether via trade or by way of attempting to sign a restricted free agent or two.

LINK:
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cr-availableplayers040910

2. DaSanchize

DaSanchize New Member

He's a good player. We both play 3-4 so if we trade players they likely fit into both defensive systems. Saying that, I dont want to trade for him if we have to give up alot of draft picks

3. ........

........ Trolls

I'd love LaRon, but there's no way in hell he comes cheaply. The Redskins just paid him huge money in bonuses last season, and the last 3 years (last year is voidable) of his contract are much friendlier than the first 3 were. Still, the guy is only 25 years old, and would be a surefire boost to our secondary.

I don't see it happening, but he's good.

EDIT: Just called a friend of mine who is a Skins fan. I didn't realize just how badly they'd soured on Landry. I knew he struggled this past year, but my buddy is ready to sign his walking papers.

#3 ........, Apr 10, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2010
  4. Tight

Tight Active Member

I know laron is very fast safety, not too sure about his coverage, and tackling... That being said, He can't be any worse then Kerry Slowed... I just hope all this shit were doing makes us a better team by at least 3 wins.. It'd burn my ass like jalapeños to do all this and not be a top 5 team..

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Pure Speculation!!!

6. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Laron Landry stinks. He's played the same undisciplined, way too aggressive crap since his LSU Tiger days. He is the king of getting unnecessary roughness calls and he is very stiff in pass coverage. He is a decent run stopper but it doesn't make up for his piss poor coverage play. Inconsistent tackler too and might have dogged it during the dark days of the Zorn era........Picture Channing Crowder as a safety and that is Landry.

His brother is much better pretty much. Besides, if we want a Laron Landry, go after Taylor Mays at 29 then as they are the same player in my eyes.....only I don't think Mays is as wild.

7. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

There was more posted in the article about why Landry is possibly on the block:

The Redskins visited with draft prospect Eric Berry earlier this month, and are believed to be very impressed with him. While it’s hard to believe the team would spend the fourth overall pick in the draft on a safety – especially considering Washington’s need on the offensive line – Berry could be the exception to the rule. As for Landry, there is some question about whether he has the range to deal with some of the coverage responsibilities in the team’s new 3-4 scheme. The Redskins have also shown some interest in free agent offensive tackle Flozell Adams(notes), which could help shore up the left tackle spot in the short term, and freeing them up to go elsewhere with their first-round pick.

Same link as above.

I didn't know there were issues with Landry and his range. Never noticed it and I've watched plenty of Skins games. Personally I would be thrilled to see Landry in Green and White. He would be a fantastic blitzer with Rex's scheme and a huge upgrade in my book.

8. ........

........ Trolls

Wow. You're right. I just clicked the link. The "there have already been some calls" line was in reference to the Redskins. The thread made me think it was talking about us calling the Skins.

Horribly misleading.

9. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

There wasn't much substance to that link.

10. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

yea i read that article when it was posted on yahoo sports and didn't think it really pertained to the Jets other than saying "they're gonna be active for the rest of the offseason"

11. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

id rather hold on to our draft picks honestly

12. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The Jets are 'linked' to every impedning FA or trade candidate these days.

13. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

thankfully not TO tho

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

From what I've heard from Redskins fans, they're not that impressed with him.

He misses tons of tackles.

Washington would be willing to let him leave, I think.

15. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

From what I've seen of Landry in Washington, he's been crap in coverage; he's fast and lays the wood, but I've definitely seen him get burnt numerous times.

I assume that any S we add to the Secondary would be one whose coverage is that player's stronger attribute. Just my .02.

16. ShAuN JoHN 9294

ShAuN JoHN 9294 New Member

LaRon Landry? Love to have him? No he actually sucks and is a bust. Not interested in the slightest bit unless he comes cheap because he is not worth the asking price of what some might think. This kid is terrible in coverage despite his physical gifts. His brother, Dawan, is better without the physical godly gifts and he isn't that good either. He is just a big name rather then a big time player.

17. newcomer

newcomer New Member

Wow if he's that bad maybe they will take Gholston even up :wink:

18. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

As long as those calls are about O-Sack-po I'd be pretty excited, because he's the only guy on that defense that would be worth it for the Jets. Landry is one-dimensional.

19. Keithnyj

Keithnyj Member

How in the hell is this misleading? It plainly says JETS PURSUING WASHINGTON PLAYERS!!

Either you cant read or your just plain dumb

20. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Yes, we all saw the threat title that is never repeated anywhere in the article.

For one, there's the fact that the "They're being aggressive" quote is in reference to the Redskins instead of the Jets.

Then there is the fact that, thus far, there has been no report of the the Jets initiating any contact. Just speculation that the Jets MIGHT be the most interested in one of the Redskins' players.