WW85's EARLY APRIL JET'S MOCK DRAFT

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I know you're learning, so just for your own information Heyward would be a 34 End and Von Miller a 34 OLB.

2. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I understand that but with an effective 34 DE it makes our LB's able to create initial pressure on the QB and OLine with the elimination of the guard by an EFFECTIVE DE.

3. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

AHHH your correct. And yes I am still learning.....

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'd love either of these two players in next year's draft...sign me up!!! Both were two of my favorite prospects...I'm pissed they didn't declare.

Things would have been more interesting in a couple of weeks if both declared.

5. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Honestly, I'm not worrying about Edwards producing this season. I think he will. It all has to do with where his head is at and I think he's in the right place.

6. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

If we trade back, Jerry Hughes might be there and fills a desperate need for an edge rusher. Everson Griffen DE USC might also be an option trading back, although his stock has been rising lately.

7. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

are you really the cartoon depicted in your avatar?

8. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

I have been described as a 7 year old fat German kid who loves chocolate, sure.

Üter

Üter, (pronounced OO-ter) voiced by Russi Taylor, is an overweight German foreign exchange student with a sweet tooth, and odd habits such as offering his already-licked lollipops to others as a sign of friendship, and eating marzipan candies (called Joy Joy) fortified with iodine. He was left behind on the Civil War field trip, according to the season six episode "The PTA Disbands". His subsequent disappearance from the show for a significant period of time has become a running joke. In "Guess Who's Coming to Criticize Dinner?" his parents asked Skinner where their missing son was, and in "24 Minutes" he is seen stuck in a cobweb in the school air vents. It is revealed in the episode "Jazzy and the Pussycats" that he can play the trumpet quite well. He even made a Charlie and the Chocolate Factory diorama, but he eats it before it can be marked in "Lisa's Rival". In the German dub of the show, Üter is an exchange student from Switzerland. His uncle is a proud owner of a bubblegum-factory in Düsseldorf according to the season seven episode, "22 Short Films About Springfield" (In the German dub of this episode, the line was changed to "...a chocolate factory in Basel").

#28 JetTerp, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  9. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

lay off the chocolate, Sven.......Jerry Hughes sucks.

10. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

I get the sense he is a very underrated prospect, someone who might not be a work out warrior like Gholston, but shows up BIG TIME on game day.

High end pass rusher who is well built for a 3-4 OLB spot. I do think he's a bit of a reach at #29 though, but would be a great trade-down target or a steal at our 2nd round pick which is why I mentioned it.

And I love chocolate and towel whips

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97y0fYymH4I[/YOUTUBE]

#30 JetTerp, Apr 9, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2010
  11. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

^ hahaha..towel whips indeed.

If the Jets take Hughes at 29....i'll be testing my new 8 iron on my TV set.

12. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

So much Hughes hate, so few reasons...

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He promised everyone on the board a helicopter ride and $30. He has yet to deliver.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I gave plenty of reasons a month or two ago.

15. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

so much judgement....so few posts.

16. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Yes, I remember. You're one of the few, though.

I don't see what my post count has to do with anything.

All I'm saying is, with the exception of Electric, I haven't come across anyone else explaining why Jerry Hughes is such a terrible prospect. I've watched a couple of games of his and see loads of potential, especially in his ability to rush the passer (something we need). So what's the problem?

17. xxDebo9

xxDebo9 New Member

I do like Allen, but a part of me believes Rex is happy with the Safety depth right now. Obviously, Leonhard is a hard worker who Rex loves. He had no problems with sitting Rhodes for Eric Smith, and Smith played well during that time. If (big if) Pool stays healthy, we got a steal there. If not, we have Smith to play. I don't see them jumping on a safety.

Do like the trade down though, and do like the rest of the picks.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I never, ever said Hughes is a terrible prospect. I think he'll be a pretty good player in the 4-3.

I just don't see him fitting into Ryan's scheme or any 3-4 scheme actually.