Donovan McNabb Traded!

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by soxxx, Apr 4, 2010.

1. Magaca

Magaca New Member

Kolb and McNabb's play in 2010 might prove me wrong, but as of now i think this is the dumbest move i have ever seen the eagles make.

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

from the eagles stand point, this may not be a bad move.

the eagles obviously feel they have the defense to prevent mcnabb from beating them, so no pain there.

plus having mcnabb, the skins just may eek out an extra win agianst the g-girls and dallas, thus giving the eagles an extra game up on those teams without even playing them.

and the two obvious reasons, the eagles are getting a great pic for a player that won't be around after 2010 (sound familiar?)

3. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

This begs the question, will Mcnabb be able to run that offense with a swiss-cheese O-line? He's not exactly as mobile as he used to be.

4. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I am shocked they would trade him w/in the division. They must know something the rest of us do not sort of like NE trading Bledsoe to Buf in 2002 but at least then NE had a SB Champion QB they knew they were handing the team over to and they got a 1st rd pick. This move looks nuts to me.

5. PRPitbull

PRPitbull Active Member

youtube bill burr's stand-up performance in philly, good stuff. he touches upon them being racist jackasses who have great sports figures but idolize rocky balboa

6. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

The Skins are run by Snyder, they are keeping him past this year and their offense will obviously be much different with McNabb, their 3 headed RB and a draft to address their offensive line with Shanahan has the coach and no matter how you spin it Kolb is a complete gamble

7. bojanglesman

bojanglesman Active Member

If they would have REALLY thrown him under the bus, he'd be sporting the silver and black and replacing a certain obese buffet-abusing "quarterback". It could have been a lot worse for him.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

if that was the case they would have thrown him under then ran over him a few times.:smile:

9. Jets42long

Jets42long Member

I heard a quote on the radio thus morning that said " trading McNabb to the raiders would be like sending your mom to a state run nursing home.".

Kinda funny and really sad at he same time.

10. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

the chances of them fucking up his career are also pretty likely.

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This looks like one of the dumbest moves ever by the Eagles... we'll wait and see how it pans out, but trading a solid, established franchise QB is one thing.. giving him to your division rival is another. Granted the Skin are nearly the NFC version of the Raiders, but still. Wait and see...

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Rush Limbaugh hates Washington even more...Obama now McNabb

13. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

I don't agree. They should know what they have in Kolb by now and they get an early second rounder in a very deep draft. It may not look like a good move but it could work out well for them.

I am a big McNabb fan but I don't think he will be able to fix Washington's Offense. I still think that the problem is their o-line.

14. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

Maybe Kolb will work out... if he doesn't though it's going to be an enormous failure.

Washington's issues are certainly deeper than one player. I think it is likely going to be a horrible way for McNabb to end his days. It's one thing to treat this like a business and get some value out of a player.. it's another thing to take someone who has meant so much for your franchise and ship him off to some shit team.

15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I'm about 90% sure they go OT now. Thier line is a mess and if they are paying McNabb they need to protect him.

16. DonnieBaseball23

DonnieBaseball23 Active Member

Dude, he's hands down my favorite non-Jet of all time. I was in Syracuse from 1995-2000 when he played there. He's honestly one of my favorite all time players. I just totally think they did him dirty in philly and they'll never be able to appreciate, or for the matter deserve, a player of his ability.

17. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Its gonna be funny when kolb throws four picks opening day

18. DaSanchize

DaSanchize New Member

Lmao

Didn't they draft Kolb when he was ranked like 12 best Qb in the draft?

19. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

I hate to make race that big an issue, but I really think you're right. McNabb is significantly better a QB than Jaworski and has made the Eagles the class of the NFC East over the span of his career (I know the Giants won a Super Bowl during that span, but the Eagles have been the better team on average). Yet Jaworski is canonized in that city while McNabb is hated and has been the topic of trade discussions for years.

Did he choke in the Super Bowl against the Patriots? Yes.

Does he say stupid things at times? Yes.

However his numbers are good and he's a top 10 QB in this league. Philly was lucky to have him, yet they continually wished him gone. I hope this blows up in their faces.

20. ToonWalker

ToonWalker New Member

In case anyone hasn't seen it, it is BEYOND EPIC.
    He just shits on Philly for his entire set, after the crowd booed other comedians off the stage.
    A year or 2 ago I found a clip of the entire set, but the youtube clip has most of it:
    [YOUTUBE]0S4nSzE4N-o[/YOUTUBE]