On The Clock: Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjetsfan7234, Mar 29, 2010.

1. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Early: Golden Tate (Dez Bryant?)

Middle/Late: Freddie Barnes, Blair White

2. GriffDog

GriffDog Member

I don't understand why we are so against getting a WR like Golden Tate in the first round..he is a play maker and pairing a young guy like that with Sanchez would be a smart move for years to come... we have no idea how long Edwards is going to be around for and Clowney was a no show last year...Giving your QB a lot of weapons is what winning teams do these days.. look at the colts and the saints..I don't know why people are so against us giving sanchez weapons.. look where we ranked in passing last year compared to defense...a little balance cant hurt..,

3. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

how many wr's on those teams were drafted in the first round? by my count it is one, otherwise those teams have allowed lower round draft picks to come in and fit into a very specific role.

4. nyjetsfan7234

nyjetsfan7234 Member

I was not expecting to learn something new, I just like watching stuff about the Jets as much as possible

5. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

6. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

Reggie Wayne is the only person b/w the Colts and Saints to come off the board in rd 1. Colston was a 7th rounder if I'm not mistaken. Personally im hoping that Kindle will somehow still be around at 22-24 and the Jets move up a little to select him (I'm assuming Graham is not around by that time). Or if thats not possible trade down and take Alualu in rd 2 with whatever picks we have.

7. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

I love how Kiper points out the fact that Edwards drops too many key passes and then suggests the Jets take D. Thomas for our slot WR. If I'm not mistaken, doesn't Thomas also have a problem with catching the ball? From everything I've heard and seen, he seems to be Braylon Edwards II with slightly bulkier size.

8. bajakian

bajakian New Member

I think that Reggie Wayne, and Anthony Gonzalez on the Colts were first round picks. Robert Meachem was also a first round pick for the Saints and Devery Henderson was a second round pick. So much for the theory that the Saints and Colts dont have any highly drafted skill players.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

What in the hell are you talking about?

The Colts drafted Peyton Manning, Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Donald Brown, Anthony Gonzalez, and Reggie Wayne all in the first round.

The Saints spent first round picks on Robert Meachem and Reggie Bush. Jeremy Shockey was also a first rounder, but he wasn't drafted by the Saints.

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Dez Bryant actually has pretty consistent hands. It looks like he dropped a lot of passes at his pro day though.

The guy's attitude is really going to hurt him.

I wouldn't compare him to Braylon Edwards at all. He actually kind of reminds me of another Michigan receiver: David Terrell.

11. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Unfortunately he was comparing Demaryius Thomas not Dez Bryant E unless you where meaning to talk about Thomas.

12. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

Not exactly a compliment.

13. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

hahaha...i would liken Mr.E's assertion to a "kick in the nards".

14. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

totally missed gonzalez and meachem probably should have taken the time to look all of them up first. both of those teams have taken very late and even undrafted guys and turned them into very good players, of course much of that has to do with the guys throwing the ball. sanchez doesn't anything more than a stuckey type of guy for the offense to become more successful. it has been proven over the last few years that it is possible to find reliable slot guys in the later rounds so it is still not necessary for the jets use the first round pick on a wr unless a wr is BPA.

15. Enigmah

Enigmah Active Member

Yeah, I think someone else pointed it out, but I wasn't talking about D. Bryant. I was referring to Demaryius Thomas out of Georgia T., IIRC. I know all about Dez Bryant, but everything I've heard about D. Thomas makes me think he is basically a B. Edwards II with just slightly bigger bulk and maybe a quicker step. He has a ton of talent, but I just found it funny how Kiper points to Edwards' drops as a reason for the Jets to go after a WR and then in the same sentence encourages them to go after a guy who basically has the same issue.

#35 Enigmah, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  16. Doogstein

Doogstein Member

I meant recievers not in total of players. I'm well aware that Manning was a first rounder. I couldn;t quote the comment where he was talking about recievers. Forgot about Meachem and I thought that Gonzalez was an early 2nd rounder. My fault for posting before doing the proper research.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

My bad on misreading your post.

Anyway, Bay Bay Thomas doesn't have bad hands either. I don't see how he could ever play in the slot. He's a downfield threat. I'd probably compare him to Brandon Marshall - they are very similar players.

Arrelious Benn drops a lot of passes, and I still think he'll be the best receiver to come out of this draft.

#37 Mr Electric, Apr 1, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010