Jets to be featured on Hard Knocks

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JfaulkNYJ, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Hawthorne effect.

2. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I haven't looked that up, but I was thinking about sociology/psych experiments in which a hidden-camera is used so that the subjects exhibit their most natural behavior because if they know they're being watched or on camera, they'll act differently.

3. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Can't claim to have ever seen the show, but I can bet it gets annoying from a coaching standpoint, because they have to watch everything they say and the plays they run on tape, because if it makes the final cut for the show, everything is on the air for all to see, and it gives other teams an insight in to us that we don't have on them... Or even worse, the coaches may have to sift through the film of the days events and make sure no sensitive information makes it into the final cut...

Both scenarios would start to drain on the coaches after a while don't you think?

Either way, this should be freaking fantastic, rex is the perfect ringleader that will become the circus in Cortland NY.

4. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Hawthorne effect is basically as follows: If people know they are being studied or watched for whatever reason (say the workplace), they'll behave and produce at greater standards since they feel it will be critiqued.

5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

I would be amazed if a member of the FO doesn't sit down with the editor and view each episode's rough cut, saying "cut this, take that out, you can't say that and there's no fucking way that that's staying in". I really wouldn't worry.

Honestly, the way some people are acting about this is like they think that there's never been a camera in a football club before. The producers know what they will and won't be able to show as it'll be contracted, the players are going to goof it up a bit when they get a chance but their training will be completely unaffected, and the organisation wil suffer absolutely zero impact from the presence of the documentary team. Stop worrying.

6. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

It's getting way too dramatic in this thread.

7. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

I love Hard Knocks. This is great news.

8. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

awww man, I don't have cable!

9. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

It's about time they put a team worth watching. The Bengals? Bah.

10. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Biased, but true! :wink:

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I wouldn't say the opposing reactions are "dramatic" or worry-warts. It's just looking at it from a different angle.

12. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

This is freaking awesome. I just got HBO back for The Pacific, will be keeping it a bit longer now...

Rex uncensored is going to be magical.

13. Rictor33

Rictor33 Active Member

Might be my favorite show on television.. When I read my twitter today I was so excited I yelled and jumped in the office.. I fucking LOVE that show, and I HATE TELEVISION SHOWS.

14. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

GREAT STUFF!!!!!! :rofl: :rofl: :metal:

15. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

well, well. The time has come....

What's nice is that it will feature players who are fighting for roster spots that we usually don't get to know. Guys like Ropati Pitoitua would've been featured if it was his first year on the practice squad. We may see Josh Mauga in the series this year since he has a futures contract.

Yes, Rex and the boys will be featured. We will see plenty of hilarity. Let us not forget how funny Kris Jenkins can be. Revis' antics along with Sanchez and Braylon will be awesome to see. We will get to know our coordinators better and position coaches. Dennis Thurman better be featured. I wanna get to know that man. He's awesome.

We may see Gholston talk about his struggles and why he is the first female OLB in the history of the NFL and how he fights as a pioneer to all women.

It'll be fun. But most Jets fans have that fear of attention - its going to distract the team and they'll come out flat due to the added camera attention all TC long.... maybe, but don't count on it. Rex may have fun, but he is a tough coach when he needs to. He kicks ass when there is an ass to be kicked.

The one thing I am going to hate most is there will be a small faction of posters who will fall in love with another Woodhead type and demand he starts or is going to the HOF or wasn't given a "fair chance."

That is my only problem with the Jets on Hard Knocks - our own posters.

16. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

#176 dcm1602, Mar 25, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2010
  17. JJB

JJB New Member

What is hard knocks? Don't think we get it over here.

18. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

PSL'ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

AYFKM!!!???

Woody has been lobbying for this BS just for this reason.

and does anyone here see the irony?
    Didn't the JETS last year move TC upstate to AVOID BS like this?
    The Million $$ complex just sitting there and they say it's to avoid distractions.

Well, WTF is this!!!!!???

Sorry, all this does is prove what this MF'er wants to do....
    PS mf'in L's!

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Horrible idea. This team has lost its way. It should be all about winning football games, but instead it is about making money, playing ridiculous home games on Thanksgiving, gaining exposure etc. It has become about selling merchandise and PSLs rather than winning. Doesn't Woody understand that you gain respect merely by winning?????? I thought the Jets went to training camp in upstate NY to get away from all the attention and bond? Now TC will be on TV???????? This team needs to get better by developingh and growing, not by having its own reality show. The mixed messages are all over the place. Rhodes is let go because he is all about selling himself and not enough about football, but the Jet organizatin goes out and does the exact same thing - becoming one big Rhodes. What is going on? I was optimistic about this season, but I smell a big disappointment coming.

20. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

If you don't want a PSL, don't buy one, ffs. Stop moaning about it.