Mike Francesa Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, May 4, 2009.

?

Which is it...

1. Fatcessa is a Jealous bitch.

55.3%
  2. Woody is definitely PSL whoring the QB around town.

7.6%
  3. Actually BOTH are right on.

28.0%
  4. Paranoid Android

9.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

People seem to forget this fact. Hell, Manning has had RULES CHANGED to help him win, and he's still 9-9 in the playoffs and 1-1 in the Super Bowl. And Fatsessa saying Montana had a better supporting cast is just another reason why I wont listen to that fucking moron!

2. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

YUP!
    Me & someone else were saying that earlier in this thread.

It's like a TD was guaranteed if they did it his way...what a moroon.

Has he mentioned any of the things he killed the JETS on?
    -Manning (bing bang boom)
    -Missed FG's

I just come to the thread because I can't listen to him on the radio. He's just too unbearable for me.
    I guess He has to tone it down on TV but radio...eeesh.

[​IMG]

3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Yep, where in the past if Manning had a subpar season he'd finish well below the 4K mark, now he can have a subpar season and easily put up 4K yards.

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Today I listened to some of the program while driving home and then when home put on YES.

"Francesser" mentioned the dropped interception by the Cincinnati defensive back in Super Bowl 23. He did not remember the player's name.

Francesa argued with one caller as to when the play occurred. The caller said it took place on the drive immediately following the Stanford Jennings kickoff return. Francessa claimed that the caller was wrong, that the dropped interception occurred on SF's penultimate drive. The caller and Francesa argued for a few seconds and then Francessa ended the call.

I am here to say that the caller was correct and to note that the DB in question was Lewis Billups.

For Francesa and a caller to argue over when exactly the Billups drop occurred is silly to begin with, but just thought it was worth noting that a caller was right and Francesa was wrong.

5. 624

624 Banned

I couldn't stop laughing when I heard Mike doing the ad for "Hoody Footy Snuggly Pajamas"

6. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

this is a frequent occurrence on his show. even though a computer is within arm distance, he refuses to use it. he decides to use his overrated sports knowledge.

so many callers find him in lies. normally when he finds out he was wrong, he just simply covers it up by saying something retarded.

like that whole thing with the jets defense way back. he repeatedly stated over a 2 week period that the jets defense had not made a final stand in the 2009 season. Final drive, 1 possession game, the Jets defense needed a stop to put away the game.

He would laugh at callers when he asked the question "When have the Jets done it? HUH HUH! NEVAH!!! You don't know the answer cuz they NEVAH did it"!

Then we finally had a few intelligent callers tell him the 3 times they did it. He said the Titans game doesn't count because the returner muffed 2 punts(actually no, he fumbled a kick off and muffed a punt but ok).

But what an exuse, lol. The guy fumbled twice on specials so it doesn't count as a last possession stop. The Bills game was against a bad QB so it doesn't count. Then the Pats game didn't count because Brady was rusty.

Then we had callers for weeks saying how he has killed the Jets this entire time and not given them their credit. Even Adam Sandler called him out. He still denies it.

Fatcesssser just hates being wrong. He was the first to tell us "HAH I told you so about the Colts week 16"

7. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

It was fun listening to his attempts at objectivity today.

Obviously, he had to nitpick the game because the Colts lost; my favorite part just might've been when he implied (several times) that Halftime was too long and Manning hadn't touched the ball in an hour.

He also, initially, argued the overturned 2-Point Conversion, but then Phil Simms corrected him and he retreated.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Maybe the Saints offense, defense and ST had something to do with that.

I knew the excuses would come flying in from him. He absolutely can not be objective. He hates the Jets and he digs the knife in every chance he gets. I didn't listen to him but I'm sure he'll say the injuries to Wayne (who looked like he was scared to get hit at the end of the game) and Freeney yet he ignored them for the Jets.

#2928 Barry the Baptist, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  9. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I thought it was pretty funny when he had Simms on talking about the game, they were discussing the Tracy Porter pick 6 that ended the game. Since the big man took the Colts to cover and win and win big as he said on his Friday show he was trying to find fault in Wayne or Manning and not give the Saints any credit. Simms said that it was a product of two weeks off and plenty of film study as the CB knew before hand that was going to be the play. Francessa then keeps coming back with so Phil was that Mannings or Waynes fault, should Wayne have made a play on the ball to knock it down, looked like he hadn't done anything about it.

10. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

for any mets fans on this board- mike francesa is killing daniel murphy a guy who played his first full season on a depelted lineup and still hit 55 xbh. He also played above avg d on first base and says he was horrible. Then he goes to say all his stats were because of sept, and announces that he hit 4 hrs then. Wow 4 of his 12 hrs were hit in one month in a 6 month season. What a huge deal.

11. LeonNYJ

I don't understand how fatcesser stays on WFAN and how he gets ratings. The guy is absolutely brutal.

12. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Based on what? Knowing more about baseball, football or basketball then anyone on WFAN or ESPN radio (New York Sports radio) or based on having the best show on the radio for 20 years?

13. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I hate all the Daniel Murphy bashing. He has been a great offensive player his whole career and he had a rough rookie MLB year. He started the year real well and when people went down there was added pressure and 0 protection for him. I would be shocked if he didnt have a much better 2010 season.

14. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

whats funny about what you said is that 2-3 callers have said the same thing you have. And then mike responds by saying "what gives you that idea". Then you provide facts and reasons for why he had a down year and mike interrupts you and tells you how he was awful last yr and was out of position.

It's funny mike actually blamed murphy for being played out of position, when a caller blamed the mets. The guy was a 3b and an infielder not an outfielder, how was it possibly murphys fault when the mets forced lf on him. Is he going to tell the mets to screw themselves and sit on the bench? no, he'll do what they say. Even Evan Roberts just twittered about turning mike off just now.

15. LeonNYJ

He's proven wrong on a regular basis and will never admit if he's wrong.

He bends the truth to try to make himself sound right.

He's arrogant and an absolute asshole to callers. Everyone else on the Fan are willing to hear out their calls, Francesa never wants to hear it and will just talk over his callers and then hang up on them. That is unless you agree with his point of view. He doesn't care what his listeners have to say. It's all about him.

Guy doesn't know jack shit about hockey (my favorite sport).

He has an incredible bias against teams he doesn't like.

I'll take Michael Kay, Don La Greca, & Bonnie Bernstein over Francesa every day.

#2935 LeonNYJ, Feb 9, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  16. joejets1

joejets1 Member

Back to the Daniel Murphy topic, Francessa said he hit 4 of his 12 hrs in Sept against what he said is inferior pitching. Out of Arods 30 Hr's 7 came in September I would love to see someone call up and say bring up that, not to say that Daniel Murphy is anywhere near Arod but for stats sake thay basically the same 25%

17. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

I guess we should eliminate September stats all together. In fact, the struggles that the Mets had in September in 07 and 08 mean nothing because September is irrelevant.

Now he's arguing about whether snow boarding is a sport or not. I don't even like that stuff but he ticks me off. If snow boarding isn't a sport then how is his beloved figure skating?

18. Jett Jett

Jett Jett New Member

1050 talking a lot of hockey right now. mostly rangers though.

19. LeonNYJ

La Greca is a hockey guy. He does the Rangers pre-game & post-game on 1050. He also hosted NHL Live on XM for a while. He's a Devils fan though.

Just like he does the Jets but is a Giants fan.

20. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

Awww, you're adorable. McDonald's must make good food if they're so popular.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.