Mike Periera (heaad of officiating) admits missed calls

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jtuds, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

#1 Jtuds, Jan 28, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  2. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

It's amazing both the Sanchez and the Favre hits did't get called... but good that he admitted the mistakes made...

3. Woodhead77

Woodhead77 New Member

as long as he knows

4. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Fuck him knowing,do something about it! Fines, suspensions, lynch mob...something! I was sick of seeing the lopsided officiating affair known as last sundays championships. Hats off to Rex for not retaliating. I know deep down he wanted to get even but next year watch out Bullit the gloves are off!

5. John1234

John1234 New Member

The fact that Sanchez made a great third down throw after that non call, kind of nullifies the "could haves." The drive stalled later, but we did get a few first downs after that play.

6. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

OK but regardless that puts us 15 yards ahead of the end of that run, and all those plays we used to get subsequent first downs would have been run 15 yards further down the field.

7. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

And wasn't that the drive that Greene got banged up on?

8. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

There was a holding call on one of the Jets TEs. So it would have been a repeat of the down due to offsetting penalites.

The NFL will admit mistakes, and seeing how its unusual for a QB to be hit after a handoff refs aren't looking for it.

They will next year.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah, that was a beauty...but it was 2nd & 17 to Keller. and we never got another 1st down on that drive. We did get a false start on D'Brick and a sweet drop by Braylon. Weatherford punted from the the Colts 49 yard line. Add 15 yards and we probably would have attempted a FG being we were down three.

The 'phantom hold' was called on 78-Wayne Hunter. I watched it a 1/2 dozen times on a 52" hi-def T and I couldn't see a hold. Hunter didn't even block anyone on the LOS and barely engaged a LB'r five yards downfield.

Maybe the umpire called the wrong number, but I didn't see a hold by any Jet player. Ahhh...the great "what if" game.

10. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Stable doors and bolting horses :rolleyes:

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That "Official Review" segment on the NFL Network is one of my favorite things on there. I love dissecting plays, and the Mike Periera comes across as a straight shooter.

12. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

Do all penalties (if there's one committed by each team within a play) offset? Or do they have to be equivalent somehow?

I don't know, which is why I'm asking. But I'd think that Holding on the Offense doesn't offset a Personal Foul on the D -- esp if it's a late hit on the QB, seeing as the league is uber-protective of QBs now.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If that is called properly and with no BS holding penalty, its 1st and 10 at the Colts 43 down 3. Instead, well.....you know.

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

I believe the exception is if there's a regular foul and a dead ball foul. In that case I believe they're both enforced.

This was not a dead ball foul so it would be offsetting.

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Off-setting would have been fine. Instead we lost the down and yards on a play where we'd earned a first down. That missed call was absolutely huge. Our drive died there, and so did our season.

Did Periera address the Colts being off-side most of the game? I doubt it. (Can't see the video.)

16. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Correct, but I've heard that if a team has 3 penalties on them and there is one on the other team. They all offset and replay the down.

17. greaser

greaser Well-Known Member

It just seems like every year the officials get worse.

18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

did he address how it is possible the Colts could play a near perfect game with only 1 penalty against them? a-fucking-mazing!

19. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I agree..watched the play several times, Hunter didn't come close to holding anyone, but watching the other players in the area (couldn't find the hold)..I think the NFL got the team they wanted to the SB Jets- 6 penalties Colts- 1 (5yd movement) Colts ran 65 playes from scrimmage (39 pass) and NEVER held once??? sounds kind of like the Patriots....

20. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

No penalty excuses; the better team beat us.

But it wouldn't surprise me the slightest if the refs were told to favor the Colts in that game.