How much pressure is there on INDY QB AND COACH?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bassman, Jan 24, 2010.

1. bassman

bassman Member

CAULDWELL must be tossin and turnin.:grin:

2. nyjcanada

nyjcanada Active Member

Caldwell, and there is certain amount of pressure.

3. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Are you drunk?

4. Tuxicon

Tuxicon New Member

Pressure is only felt by those that don't know what they're doing.

5. bassman

bassman Member

Nah. Bullshit. No one is certain. Except Rex of course. And its working for him.

Sorry. Caldwell. Thanks Canada.

6. PghPanther

PghPanther New Member

Jet Fans listen up........

The pressure on the Colts will be huge and I mean huge with this game........

Why??????

Simple...............remember they had a chance to set a historical precedent with continuing an undeafed season of more wins in a single season than any other team in history.

They have been ridiculed for their decision to sit those starters during the end of the Jets game.

as a result........

The players hated it.......

The media hated it........

and their fans were really pissed off about it..........

and what was the only reason, the only excuse the world was given as to why they did this??

Because they were "resting their starters from potential injury because they were focused on winning the SuperBowl not going undefeated"

Well......okay then....

...the Colts organization has just given themselves their own ultimatum.........

So now they have to beat the Jets and go to the SuperBowl or..........

Became of the joke of pro football with the one of the worst decisions in the history of the NFL...........

Their idiotic staff have given themselves a failsafe pressure cooker situation.

You know, I read lots of the Colt fan threads about their sitting at the end of the game on the Jets and losing that perfect season......

.......and those fans are still livid about that decision.....

Can you imagine how they will feel about the Colts if they lose the AFC Champ game???

Can you imagine the media criticism??

Can you imagine Payton's attitude??

And this loss will stick to them like a lead abaltross around the neck of this organization and their players.....because it will always be the end game of failure in their decision that blew their perfect season............

What a bunch of gomers the Colts coaching staff are...........

Personnally, you know why I think they rested their starters in the 4th quarter of that Jets game???

Had nothing to do with saving them for the SuperBowl...........and everything do to with the fact they were worried that the lowely Jets where going to beat them and ruin that perfect season and they couldn't face the Jet's being the team to do that................lol!!!!

Oh what a slap in the face in front of the World would a Jets win do to this team.........

7. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

The pressure on the Jets is just as much as the pressure on the Colts. You can look at our team and say this is free money, young team, young QB, etc., etc., etc. You never know when or if you will get back to this place again. The opportunity for both teams is right now. The pressure will be on everyone, the question is who will the pressure break and who will thrive from the pressure.

8. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

While I agree there is going to be pressure on the Jets I think this is a defining game for Manning's legacy. Yes he has the Super Bowl win but this year was his shot at immortality. If they lose this game everybody in the organization is going to feel it and start to question the decision that was made. I honestly believe if this is a close game in the 4th quarter the Colts are going to crack.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I think the other way, if you have been there before on a consistent basis, it puts you in a comfort level that comes from experience, the Jets do not have the experience the Colts have with these situations.

Just the fact that the Colts have won a Super Bowl makes them more emotionally experienced for these situations, they know what is like to trail in a SB and come back, so I give them the edge.

To be honest the only think that concerns me about the Colts apart from PM is the fast defense, if they penetrate and break up plays in the backfield through out the game I think we are in for a long afternoon.

10. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Strongly disagree. The Colts benched their players in the 3rd quarter, purportedly to get ready for the playoffs. Now, that team is back. The Colts are thye heavy favorites. There is clearly more pressure on the Colts. Specifically, on Manning, who is not a machine. He sometimes has bad games, and I've seen him get rattled.

That doesn't mean there isn't pressure on the Jets, but it's far greater for Indy. They haven't heard the end of that week 16 thing. A little extra pressure can make a difference. Manning won't feel pre-game pressure so much, but if the Jets can get to him early...

11. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I think that last week the Jets felt very little pressure. But this week, playing n the AFC Championship game, how could they not feel pressure? I think that Sanchez will feel enormous pressure and that's probably my biggest fear. He could become a turnover machine if he's not able to settle down and get into a rhythm.

12. jixxjr

jixxjr Well-Known Member

Once the Colts pulled their starters out of the game, they announced to the World, "Anything less than a Super Bowl win would mean this season was a total failure." Any pressure they feel, they have brought upon themselves.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There's a huge amount of pressure on the Colts and on Manning and Caldwell in particular. If the Colts lose this game then Manning is 8-9 lifetime in the playoffs with several upset wins against him by big underdogs. If the Colts lose this game then Caldwell and Polian's decision to rest their starters week 16 will have clearly been the wrong one.

If the Jets lose, well they have a rookie QB and a rookie HC and they got further than they should have given those facts, unless it's a blowout they've had a good season.