2009 Football Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by rhodesfan16, Jan 8, 2010.

1. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

So the National Championship Game Just ended, so feel free to talk about the dead time in which your favorite college football team will be getting new players. Oh and look at that Texas and Alabama have the number 1 and number 2 ranked recruiting classes according to rivals. Yippie!

Now my LSU tigers have a good class...oh wait Mike Davis decomitted fantastic. All I know is this, since any talent we get will be squandered by our coaching staff who will never play freshman because god all of his upperclassmen are vastly superior (Cough) to the new kids (Cough)

So Alas discuss future college stars and future NFL stars right here

2. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

2009? Didn't we just finish the '09 season?

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

South Carolina could be in very good or very bad shape after the All-American game on Saturday. I'll be watching and hoping that we get a few commitments. If the Cocks get a commitment from RB Marcus Lattimore, I will be pumped for 2010.

Fresno State's actually looking like it could bring in it's best class ever. I'm actually pretty sure Fresno has the highest rated recruiting class out of any mid-major team besides BYU and TCU.

#3 Mr Electric, Jan 8, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Miami's class is pretty miserable looking right now. I get it, their plan is to nab all the South Florida kids, but when they let the big fish in the area get away to UF and FSU consistently, then the plan really isn't working. RB Storm Johnson should be a stud, but that's at the one position we already have a wealth of young talent.

5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Rutgers has a good, not great '10 class signed so far. The diamond in the rough is a kid they signed out of Lauderdale area in Florida. Marcus Thompson, a RB, who will most likely end up at LB'er IF he ever makes it up north and will be a stud for Schiano. The kid is a better looking prospect than a lot of 4 and some 5 stars down in talent rich FLA. The reason I say IF is there's still plenty of time for the Fla schools to come in and swoop this kid up. FSU and WVU have offered him as well.

A local gem to watch is DE/DT Dominique Easley out of Staten Island. The kid was already the highest rated recruit in NY state which I know isn't saying much however he blew up this past weekend at the Under Armour combine and is now a national recruit. He was the most dominant player there which says a lot considering there were 5 stars all over the place in attendance. He won MVP and ended up reneging on his verbal to Penn State and signing with the Gators. Kid's a big time player.

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Well UCF, a day after losing to Rutgers, received commitments from it's two biggest recruits since Daunte Culpepper.

It's a shame, UCF has a great recruiter in David Kelly, but it's only a matter of time before he jumps ship. He turned down Arkansas, but still has a contract offer with Kiffin and Co.

It appears Jim Leavitt of USF is going to be fired, tons of potential FL talent could be back on the recruiting market, if true.

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

#7 WW85, Jan 12, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I've heard nothing but positive things about Lattimore. I hope he stays in SC, but is considering Penn St.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I wouldn't be surprised if Penn State stole him away. The same thing happened a few years ago when Rodney Kinlaw committed to the Nittany Lions over Clemson and Carolina.

10. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Miami lost a probable early enrollee to Maryland, for pretty much no reason. Their response? To bring in a little known linebacker from Portland, Oregon... Nothing like that State of Miami, eh Coach Shannon?

I like what he did, getting the South Florida back in Miami, but he's clearly not going to be the coach that gets this team to the next level. The spiral might be over, but this feels like a middling ACC team to me still. I expect a very disappointing year in 2010, and a new staff in 2011.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I just looked at Florida's recruiting class so far. I'm pretty sure at some point in the next couple of seasons, they are going to have one of the best defensive lines of all time.

2010 - The #1 recruit in the nation: 5 star defensive end Ronald Powell, plus 5 star defensive tackles Shariff Floyd and Dominique Easley.

2009 - 5 star defensive tackle Gary Brown

2008 - 5 star defensive tackle Omar Hunter

That is a god-like rotation at defensive tackle.

12. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Yeah well a bunch of defensive starters are leaving so lets see

Meanwhile LSU continues to lose recruits, we lost two WR prospects in Mike Davis and Justin Hunter and now DT Cassius Marsh may de-commit. I guess all I can look forward to is next years class which LSU has already scooped up a ton of prospects from and is slatted to be an amazing Louisiana class

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Let's see, they lost Dunlap, Spikes, Wright, and Haden.

5 star defensive linemen like Powell and Easley can fill Dunlap's spot, 5 star Will Hill fills Wright's safety spot, 5 star Jelani Jenkins steps in a linebacker, and Janoris Jenkins slides over and takes the #1 corner spot.

Guys like Lawrence Marsh, Justin Trattou, and Ahmad Black also return.

Look, I hate the Gators too, but that defense isn't going to take a step back - they may even get better.

14. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No doubt the Gators defense is going to be sick for years to come. Even with losing first rounders Haden, Dunlap and possibly Spikes they shouldn't miss a beat.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

If everything goes the right way on National Signing Day, Fresno State will bring in it's best class ever.

Pat Hill finally realizes that the Dogs are going to have to score A LOT to beat Big Six opponents, so he's recruiting a ton of speed. Derek Carr is going to have a ton of weapons over the next few years.

Now that Ryan Mathews is gone, FS will switch to more of a pro-style spread offense...using a lot of 4 and 5 wide receiver sets. I'm predicting we'll have one of the nation's top passing offenses in 2010/2011/2012.

#15 Mr Electric, Jan 20, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
  16. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

No doubt. I didnt mean to say the class they are bringing in is not talented, it is crazy talented. But asking anyone to replace 4 all americans is a big task

17. GatorNation52

GatorNation52 New Member

While I think Jelani Jenkins is gonna be a star, he isn't the guy who will be taking over Spikes' spot. That will be Jon Bostic, who is gonna be a heck of a player too. And Will Hill already started on the team, they used 3-3-5 so they had 3 safeties on the field. Truth be told, I prefer Hill to Wright, Wright often looked for a big hit when he didnt need to. They're bringing in a few big name safeties though so I don't see it being an issue. I think they lose the 3-3-5 though for this year and go to a more conventional D because the strength of the team now is the DL and LBs not the DBs. Janoris Jenkins is good, but hes not nearly as good as Joe Haden.

18. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Even though LSU is loosing some recruits (prompting some bloggers to blame the fans) Miles already has a lock on some monster talent in LA for the class of 2011. At the moment LSU may have up to 4 "5-star" prospects. This kid Jarvis Landry looks pretty nasty. Just watch the first highlight
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wirDJhH3oaY&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

19. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

So I guess the Big recruiting news the past couple of days has been

DE Jackson Jeffcoat to Texas
    OLB Jordan Hicks to Texas
    RB Lache Seastrunk to Oregon

2 day's left till signing day

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It looks like Fresno State will have a top 50 recruiting class. They definitely have one of the most talented mid-major recruiting classes. I'm excited for the future of this team...

It's always awesome to get a few kids to de-commit from USC and Cal.

#20 Mr Electric, Feb 2, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2010