Jets @ Colts Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jets n Boys, Jan 18, 2010.

1. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Since when do the last ten years have anything to do with Sunday's game. I didn't wanna really say this, but you should really just leave. You obviously have nothing to contribute besides a bunch of homerism that involves as much sucking on Manning's jockstrap as it does any sort of football knowledge.

As far as comparing the Ravens to the Jets, please tell me you are not still on this topic. The Jets defense is far superior, as I said, simply because if you include return TD's I believe the Jets PPG would drop another 2-3 points. As stated:

Texans-0 points
    New Orleans-10 points
    Chargers- 14 points

The Ravens happened to give up 26 points to the Chargers.

While the differences are not astounding number wise, I think most objective fans would take the Jets defense over the Raiders defense this year. Over the last six games of the regular season:

Jets gave up 47 points. That's an average of 7.8 points a game. The Jets are playing better defense than they have at any point this year, and as a unit they are gelling. This game will NOT be a blow out.

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Actually, if you did your homework you would see we're in the postseason pretty often lately ... more often than most teams in the NFL ... Don't you remember when we gave you a 41-0 ass-whipping when you came to our house a few years back????

3. The Lord

The Lord Active Member

Versus Peyton Manning himself? Holy ironic Batman.

4. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

You were 8?.....8! and you have the nerve to call people Johnny come lately? Do yourself a favor and pick up the phone and try to make a friend.

5. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

How could he remember that...if he was 8..let me do some math here..he was like...10 when that happened..wait...yeah...10.

6. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

"Internet tough guy." What exactly does that mean? I haven't threatened anyone or challenged anyone to fight, so I don't understand how that monicker applies.

I came in here the other day to see what you folks thought. I tried to have rational discussions about the game, but was met with angry and delusional Jets fans who can't fathom a world in which a 15-2 home team with the league's best QB could possibly beat the amazing Jets. So, yeah, I've gotten feisty. Deal with it.

Again, I don't know what that last part means. You seem to have a lot of incoherent thoughts.

7. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Yeah, I can see how that just screams gridiron intellect. You sound like a Pats fan.

8. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Im driving 12 hours to Indy all the way from jersey and spending all kinds of money and I still do not think the Jets will win. Its not saying much though I haven't thought the Jets would win the entire playoffs and it seems to be working lol.

Peyton Manning is going to be to hard to stop I believe, he really is a godly QB. The Jets blitzing scheme is brilliant and it has worked but based on our first performance against the Colts, Peyton really was finding lots of open receivers, but we didn't have a chance to adjust to him in the second half which seems to be what we are all about.
    As good as this run has been and as much as I would do anything for it to continue, I think it ends on Sunday.
    Colts 24, Jets 17 but good lord above let be wrong

9. tncolt55

tncolt55 New Member

Colts 27 Jets 14

10. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

"A few years back."

See, now I have proof that some Jets fans have just crawled out of the woodwork due to the newfound success.

That whipping "a few years back" happened only SEVEN YEARS AGO. Since then, the Jets, who have been "in the postseason pretty often lately," have missed the postseason four times, and have only one postseason win prior to this season.

I'm truly impressed by your string of missing the playoffs, winning one game, missing the playoffs, going one-and-done, missing the playoffs, and missing the playoffs. That's quite a run you have there!

11. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

So now I'm a Johnny-come-lately because of the year I was born? I'm sorry I'm not an old fart like yourself.

Since you have a bad time with "the maths," let me help you: The team came to Indy in 1984. I was eight then. So, no, I was not 10 in 2002 when the Jets beat the Colts.

Why would I pick up a phone? I'm trying to make friends here, buddy.

12. Vilmalover51

Agreed that wasn't a few years back. We have made the postseason more then you have previously thought though. Sorry we weren't blessed with Peyton Manning. Without him the Colts are nothing, and they probably would still be playing in the RCA dome with no fans.

13. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Finally. You're the best poster here. Someone who loves his team and will follow them where ever, yet is knowledgeable and honest and shows the humility of someone who knows what a difficult task his team is taking on.

The Jets blitzing scheme has worked very well against some teams, but Manning is the best in the league against the blitz, and at times it seems that he hopes for blitzes. The Jets would be better served staying back and covering the receivers; if they do that, and do it well, it'll work far better than coming after Manning.

If the Jets have any hope, it's to get Manning to force the ball into tight situations or throw it away.

Have a safe trip to Indy and enjoy the game!

14. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

Yes, we are very fortunate to have him. Of course, it took a lot of losing to be in position to draft him, and we Colts fans won't forget the lean years or take winning for granted.

Without him, the Colts are probably in Los Angeles.

15. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

May I break in here with a prediction

Assuming the Jets come up with the appropriate D tactics vs Manning, not just overload blitzing all the time but mixing in a lot of back-offs and such, and Sanchez doesn't turn the ball over more than he scores:

Jets 20, Colts 18

16. Vilmalover51

I really think that this exact game plan will be how the Jets can win this game.

17. BIGBOYJENKS77

BIGBOYJENKS77 New Member

The Jets really got the heart and drive to win this game. Of course it won't come easy though.. If they win this weekend I'm gunna go crazy.. Whatever the case is, win or lose, this game will be extremely close, not a blow out

18. Vilmalover51

I think everyone understands what a hard task it is going to be to beat Peyton Manning. Rarely does he lose, but I think that lots of Jets fans are riding on the Rex Ryan high, which is a great thing. I just try to be a realist and with a rookie QB and a rookie HC an AFCCG win vs Peyton Manning in his building is ALOT to overcome.
    Thanks for wishing me a safe trip. I really hope I'm wrong lol.

19. BelieveInBlue

BelieveInBlue New Member

You should hope you're wrong. I'd never begrudge anyone for hoping his team wins.

I can understand the "Rex Ryan high." He's really a great motivator because he isn't taking any crap and gets his players buy into the system and believe in themselves.

There have times in recent years that Colts fans wished we had a coach who delivered fiery speeches and rallied the troops; we felt that might have gotten us over the hump a couple of times.

We've come to realize, especially this year, that the franchise has a long-term approach to winning. If it nets a couple more Super Bowls, we won't complain.

20. stanner

stanner Member

You got no time for the messenger,
    got no regard for the thing that you don't understand,
    you got no fear of the underdog,
    that's why you will not survive!