When are they naming DPOTY?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dmarz45, Jan 11, 2010.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Dpoy

Gets announced tomorrow (Tuesday). For what it's worth, even though Schein voted for Woodson, he did say from talking to his fellow voters that he thinks Revis will win it.

2. #28Martin

Ahh, I didn't see this thread. DPOY gets announced tomorrow and Schein said from talking to others who had a vote, that he thinks Revis is gonna win it.

3. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

I hope so. Obviously Woodson has been a very important piece to the GB defense for where he's played, but as a cover corner, he's a bit overrated. Revis is the best cornerback on the planet, and the most important player on the best defense in the league, so he should get it.

On another note, I hate that fucking goon Adam Schein.

4. #28Martin

Dopey guy in Newsday gives Woodson the award. Anyone watch the Green Bay game yesterday? Woodson isn't Revis.

5. N8n619

N8n619 New Member

The winner will be announced on Wednesday

6. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

Woodson lookd like a fool yesterday during a few plays I saw.

7. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

One of the ESPN analyst was going over the Packers/Cards game yesterday and said something like defensive player of the year Charles Woodson when watching one of the highlights. Made me think they already announced it or he already knew and he slipped up. Then the other guy come on and corrected him and said possibly or something like that. Who knows? We all know Revis DESERVES it but probably won't get it.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Playoffs don't count and luckily they don't. I have a bad feeling about this one. I think most of the people (analysts?) will look at the stats and say Woodson had more picks, TDs. He had a forced fumble last nite as well and thats why its good playoffs don't count. What they won't consider is that Larry had 6 rec for 82 yds and 2 TDs. Thats simply owning the CB that is being considered for the DPOY award. And I don't think he covered Larry for the entire game, whereas Revis covers the #1 for the entire game. Woodson gave a bunch of yards yesterday against a legit passing team minus Boldin. Revis has allowed two passing TDs on him, including the Ted Ginn blow up.

9. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

I know they shouldn't count but I couldn't think of a reason why it has been delayed this long, other than the voting getting really, really close and the voters needing something else to look at. Or they 're just really fucking lazy. I don't know. Whatever.

San Diego delenda est.

10. BK_Jetsfan

BK_Jetsfan New Member

Dude, he was not just abused by Fitzgerald, he was abused by Early Doucette (sp) too! What a freakin joke! Revis deserves it, but probably wont win. I still support Revis!

11. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

As long as it's Woodson or Revis, it's better than Sharper winning it.

12. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Not taking away from Revis but I hope Woodson gets it.
    We know who deserves it, Revis knows who deserves it.
    But put a chip on Revis' shoulder about it before this game, i'll take that.

13. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Chris Berman called Woodson the DPOTY today pretty definitively (does he know something) when he was on 1050 today. I'm gonna take his word for it

14. 624

624 Banned

If the voters know anything about what determines a great CB, Revis will win it in a landslide.

Sadly I'm not confident at all they know shit, so Woodson will probably win it.

I'm sure age will factor in as well, Revis is 24 and will get many more chances, while Woodson is 33.

15. CatoTheElder

I doubt Revis is concerning himself much with this award. If he finds out either way he will hopefully just shrug it off and continue to do what he has done all season. He has been playing the same way since week 1 and there was no DPOY talk back then. Revis just needs to keep on doing what he has been doing.

San Diego delenda est.

16. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Lets not discredit Woodson too much though, he had a phenomenal season.

17. 624

624 Banned

Yeah you can't compare receivers stats on most CBs, Revis is one of the only ones that follows his guy around all game and doesn't play on one side.

18. CatoTheElder

The best way to look at it is which CB makes their team that much better. Woodson was on the field for almost every defensive snap and the Packers' defense was a joke for the entire game. Without Revis, the Jets could not have done what they did to Cincinnati on Saturday, or any other offense they faced for that matter. Revis makes this defense. You cannot call those blitzes without having a great corner on your opponent's #1 WR. Revis is what makes this defense. More so than Pace, Harris, Ellis, Thomas, or Pouha. He deserves it more than anyone else in the league, probably more than Manning deserved MVP. He probably deserved MVP more than Manning deserved MVP.

San Diego delenda est.

19. JCotchrocket

JCotchrocket Active Member

I was going to post this exact opinion.

We know now, after seeing the Ochocinco/Revis battle play out on Twitter and on the field, that Darrelle Revis does not take kindly to disrespect.

Now, while I don't believe Revis' skills will be diminished by the awarding of a great honor, I do believe that a pissed-off Revis is a play-making Revis.

Rob him. See what happens.

20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

While he may not show it I am sure it might be in the back of his mind and give him the motivation for a pick that would otherwise be just a pass defensed.

I am sure he is going to play at least at the same level he has.

That being said a little extra motivation would be nice.