Great read for all Jets Fans "Chad will be back"

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by browningnagle8, May 11, 2006.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

You would have also blamed him if he wasn't signed and then he went out and had a monster year and walked..Its just the life of a Jets fan the way it worked out..

2. IrishSteveZ

IrishSteveZ New Member

Lets just hope, I'd love to see the guy win over the fans again. But I dont see it happening.......

3. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

"I don't have any doubts or concerns or worries ... I'm not trying to get back to the old Chad Pennington. I'm trying to get better than what the old Chad Pennington was."

Man he is so confident. It's crazy. If he can somehow add to is arm strength just a bit, then I think we can win with Chad this year. His arm needs to improve on deep passes. He has never been able to hit anyone in stride.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Everyone keep the faith.

5. odessa14

odessa14 Banned

Not only does Chad have desire and heart, but I also think Chad has a chip on his shoulder, with something to prove. To me, this spells a recipe for success. I no doubt know Chad will be back and better then he ever was.

6. The Mariner

The Mariner New Member

I don't really have any expectations for once and I kinda like it. If Chad makes a great comeback, awesome. If not, well the Jets can't really get much worse anyway yknow?

7. discostu570

discostu570 Active Member

Thats what I like most about what these coaches have done this offseason. Drafting Clemons indicates that Pennington isnt in their long term plans, if he doesnt pull it off, and theres a chance that he cant hold up from a medical standpoint, then theyve got a vet to play the next year or two, and then Clemons takes over when hes ready.

But at the same time, by going with a second round player theyve left open the opportunity for him to win and keep the starting job going forward. Clemons has lots of ability and his contract will make him tradeable. So if Pennington comes back from this and grows into the expectations we had for im back in 2002, the Jets can be contending pretty soon.

8. Arizona Jet Fan

Arizona Jet Fan New Member

Chad will be back and at least at the same level as before.....his arm was never that strong anyway.........can all you guys give this guy another shot.....holy shit....for all this guy has done for our team and everybody is just ripping him a new asshole........the real Jet fans owe him the shot to be our franchise QB again.......Tangini is behind him otherwise they would of cut him a long time ago and drafted Leinart......

9. Atopps

Atopps Member

our defense led us to the 2nd round of the playoffs.. not chad.

10. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

One thing that emerges from this article, last year's coaching staff played Pennington when he wasn't ready, jeopardising the season and Pennington's career.

They also played Curtis Martin with a torn knee ligament suffered in week 2.

If that isn't an indictment of that staff I don't know what is.

11. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

Yes, and if I hear one friggin' percentage quantifying his health, I might just bust a sprocket.

85% healthy. . . BAH!

12. M00CHNESS

M00CHNESS Member

Beat me to it. Good point.
    Will Pennington comeback? We all hope so, but we have to wait and see. The jets have every angle covered though. had does good, we have a decent second stringer and options with Clem. Chad does bad we have Ramsey for now, Clem to train him for battle, plus Brooks.

Last season who was Pennington really comepeting with? The Jets didnt have anyone in sight that would take his job away. This year he HAS to come back and handle buisness. If not, we got a rookie QB, a veteran Qb, and a third stringer that took some snaps as a starter. For Chad its all or nothing at all. Every Jet fan would want him back, but I think it's coming down to shape up or ship out. All we can do it hope...and drink.

13. CP to LC =TD

CP to LC =TD New Member

LMAO Im sure it did

14. drnyjets

drnyjets New Member

Some of you are really pathetic. Have you forgoten what chad has done for this team. I will not give up on chad until he gives up on himself.

15. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

Yea those are the same fans that ran Hackett out of town who designed the Perfect offense for Chad.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

He was cleared to play that's not the CS's fault and Curtis has always played through pain so now we blame the CS? That's nonsense, if the palyers can playa nd are cleared to play then if the coach thinks thye give them the best shot to win they are going to play.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

The offese was perfect for Chad and we all know hackett can teach an offense but his problem was predictable play calling and that killed us time after time.

18. sanchizeqb

sanchizeqb Active Member

Chip on his shoulder or not, the guy can't stay healthy. False hope for some fickle fans is just what we need now, Chad... :rolleyes:

19. bird_1972

bird_1972 New Member

I like Chad alot and hope he can still make a meaningful contribution to your team, but I'm also kinda pulling for Ramsey as well. I think circumstances conspired to stunt his development as a Skin and I think a new team/system would go a long way to showing what a good player he can become.

20. parafly

parafly New Member

This is a very encouraging article. It seems like he has alot more confidence than he did last year, and I like the fact that he is trying to bulk up and become a tougher player. Last season, Abraham also gained some weight to become a more durable player, and it worked wonders. Hopefully, the same can happen with Chad.

I fully expect Chad to recover 100%, and he will be our starting QB at the start of the season. He guided us to within a field goal of the AFC Championship Game two seasons ago while playing with a torn rotator cuff. Imagine what he can do when fully healthy!

Some of you are way too quick to give up on him. Remember that he has MUCH more rehab time with the second shoulder injury, and the injury itself was MUCH less severe than the first shoulder injury. If anyone can do it, it's Chad.