Vince Young - 6 on Wonderlic? per PFT - MERGED

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsIn2004, Feb 25, 2006.

1. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Already posted..... look before you start a thread for once, Kelly. It was right at the top this time.

2. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I'm pretty skeptical about this. There's no way he could be this dumb.

3. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

I'm curious to know what Reggie McNeal scored. They've been so indeliby linked for the last five years, I'd love for it to come out that Reggie doubled Vince's score - you know, for the drama. :)

4. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Is this a joke? I couldn't tell the first time.

5. 1028

1028 Active Member

Not to be an ass, but they both posted the article at 7:57

6. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Young in round 2. :beer:

7. 1028

1028 Active Member

No thank you :beer:

8. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

I agree. There are people who ACE the Wonderlic and are just pathetic athletes, if that's what you want to call them.

9. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

but i think the objective is to find athletes who are also intelligent, not one or the other.

cheers

10. Ten

Ten Active Member

I have a gut feeling that this isn't true.I believe it's common for players agents to spread rumours about other players in the lead up to the draft.Considering how shit PFT is,i can see them being gullible and accepting anything coming from an agents mouth as the truth.

11. DNewYorkFan64

DNewYorkFan64 New Member

This can't be good for Vince. Such a low score could only bring him down further in the draft. Quarterbacks in the NFL have to be somewhat intelligent, they essentially have to know what every offensive players job is on every play and read entire defensive coverages.

12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

This is horrible news IF true, luckily for us I will assume that is a very big IF. Besides the fact that PFT is not exactly the most reliable source, I just have a hard time believing that a national champion Qb can be that dumb..

13. NYJetFan37

NYJetFan37 New Member

Did anyone not see this coming? Anyone who saw any of his interviews could tell he was not too bright

14. ATL-JET

ATL-JET Active Member

I agree. I guess what I'm trying to say is that some people dont test well, it's just that simple. Some of the smartest people take tests and freeze up. I mean, this kid obviously has the ability to get the open receiver and read defenses, I just dont know how accurately the wonderlic test can really gauge a persons FOOTBALL intelligence. But again, I agree with your assessment

15. jetsaholic1094

jetsaholic1094 New Member

I sure as hell didn't expect this. There's a difference between "not too bright" and scoring a frickin' six on the Wonderlic Test. I still doubt this rumor is true.

16. browningnagle8

browningnagle8 New Member

brock berlin scored a 2

17. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

ya know, i understand that some people don't test well. but i think that applies to something more like the SAT or GRE, or some kind of difficult standardized test with a lot of weight on it.

a test such as this - where one of the questions is, "what is the 9th month of the year?" - shouldn't really affect people who cannot test well. some of these questions were 2nd grade level questions, regardless of whether or not one can take tests well.

but yes, evidently, Vince Young can play football. I wouldn't go so far as to say he drops out of the 1st Round -- that's ridiculous. But it wouldn't suprise me if he now falls into the 5-10 range (provided this is true).

cheers

18. Ikeyman3

Ikeyman3 New Member

A 2:rofl2: that has to be a record.

19. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

The time stamp is screwy.... I posted in the first thread before Kelly reposted the article.... no biggie. Something wierd happened in the merge.

20. JetsIn2004

JetsIn2004 Banned

I don't think you necessarily need to use a 1st r ound pick on a QB, especially with the amount of $ we have involved in the QB position.

For 2006, I'd give Pennington a shot to play if he can. I'd draft someone in round 3 , maybe Croyle, but I am not a fan of him, or maybe Olsen later on.

If 2006 doesn't work out, like most people think in term of QB, then we can draft one in 2007 1st round. I'm not a huge fan of Cutler.. I've seen games, and I wasn't impressed. I mean, he's good, but not top 5 good