Kerry Rhodes REFUSES to say he wants to stay in NY.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mambo9, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Actually, I agree 100% with what you posted. I just hope we can get a decent return for him.

2. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

He's playing well which helps us now. If he stays and continues to play like this: awesome.
    If he goes and gets us a draft pick: awesome.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Yeah The Jets are in a win-win situation with Rhodes. If they can trade him and get picks.....awesome. If he stays and buys into Ryan, great too. I could care less about either.

4. dondraper

dondraper New Member

seriously. i was shocked at how he ran out of gas on that run back. wtf was up with that?

5. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

I know I shouldn't laugh at this...but I can't help myself 'cause it's true!:breakdance:

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Yeah that interview :)

I thought it got uncomfortable too but hey in the end it was Leonhard who said that too him so no racism there!

7. MarionBarber31

MarionBarber31 New Member

And if he's playing harder just to impress another team, that's fine. At least he's playing like maybe he cares.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

i would trade kerry rhodes for sure

9. desert swordz

desert swordz Totally Addicted

If he keeps playing and improving under Ryan's system, I have no problem keeping him. That hit we saw on Ocho last night was the KR of old, and he needs to play like that more.

That being said, I have no problem with him being traded either, albeit for nothing less than a second.

10. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I would keep him. You do not get rid of talented players like that for unproven draft picks, especially with the way the defense played this year and with this team being on the rise. He already has a contract.

11. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

I must have rewound that return by Sherry about 3 or 4 times, trying to figure out if the guy who chased him down or if Sherry was setting himself up, mentally, for one of his "showboat finishes" in the endzone.

Pathetic.

The more I see this guy the more I want to throw a lump of smelly dogshit in his face.

12. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

The discussion isn't about that... it's about him not giving a fuck about the team.

13. InChadWeTrust

InChadWeTrust New Member

I want him out. I can't stand the guy.

14. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

I have no care whether he stays or leaves. He's no Ed Reed and plays a position that isn't the most meaningful on defense.

15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Kerry Rhodes got chased down by a fucking fullback. He doesn't belong on this team anymore.

16. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

Just to add a different perspective... some of the answer he was giving felt like he was deflecting because he didn't know if the Jets WANTED him back. I dont believe he was asked "do you WANT to be back", but was asked "Will you be back", and acknowledged that he was signed through next year, but didnt seem to be sure if they WANTED him back. Just another side

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It actually doesn't deserve it's own thread. Rhodes has pissed me off a lot this season, but signed a 5 year contract in 2008. It's not really an option for him to choose NOT to be here next season. It's the Jets' prerogative to either bring him back or cut him after the season, and he is pretty much responding in the correct context - the Jets say they want him back at the moment.

He is an egomaniac by all evidence I have seen, but if you want to be annoyed, be annoyed at the question and not the answer. He doesn't have to commit to anything. He already did that by signing a 5 year contract.

18. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

He was specifically asked Do you want to be back and in the first sentence of his answer he said the Jets told him they wanted him back...

19. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

kerry was actually hitting people last night, and he made some plays. gotta get a good pick or two if they want him gone.

20. chrisrex

chrisrex Active Member

My mistake! Sorry bout that.