Anybody know about the train?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by nyjets2sb, Dec 29, 2009.

1. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

I was just wondering if anyone knows the updated train schedule since the game got switched to 8:20? The njtransit website doesnt really tell much.

#1 nyjets2sb, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
  2. nyjets2sb

nyjets2sb Member

Bump

filler

3. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

4. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

I have read that the bus 351 is still in service, is this correct? we are coming from Port Authority. Its only our 2nd time going to the stadium, and first since 05. How much is the bus and can we buy tickets in advance?

cheers

5. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

There is no train into the stadium. You gotta take the bus. There are electronic ticket booths all over Port Authority where you can buy bus tickets. I think the bus is still 351 but, when in doubt, just follow the sea of green jerseys.

6. NYMagpies

NYMagpies New Member

ahh yes, the green jerseys, i remember that from last time...thanks!!! ill be in my Ben Graham no 7 jersey :)

7. Vilmalover51

Vilmalover51 Active Member

Do you mean there is no train for this specific game, or there is no train at all ever, because there is a train into the stadium now, its new this year.

8. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Yeah, I was gonna say...I know there's a train to the stadium, cause I was in it the day after the blizzard and the times listed on those links I provided above are pretty dead-on accurate. So...

9. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I was under the impression that they are extending the train to the NEW stadium and it will be up and running next season but that there is currently no train to take you to the Meadowlands.

10. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

There is have been tons & tons & tons of post that the train is already up & running to the old stadium. Just look at the post above urs where a poster said he already rode it

11. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

He also said they're EXTENDING the line closer to the new stadium Champ, which could be a possibility. Two weeks ago, was two weeks ago. Maybe some things have changed. He seems to know something I don't, so, I'd take his word for it. It's odd, but I would consider a backup plan if the trains aren't working, cause apparently something has changed from the last time I rode it in.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

If he was so serious about the train he could have contacted NJT or looked up there web siite right?

13. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

c'mon bro.

14. Namath2Kolber

Namath2Kolber New Member

I'm not the authority. I've been to the stadium once this year and did not see a train. But the Jets website says otherwise.

15. Keeper1125

Keeper1125 Member

To the stadium: bus > train
    From the stadium: train > bus

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

Alright, calm down champ. I can't believe we're on the verge of making the Playoffs and you're still this grumpy.

17. Brien O'Ken

Brien O'Ken Member

Can other people confirm this? I don't care which way is faster to the game since I'll be heading over early. But coming back from the game, I'd hate to stand for hours in the cold waiting to get on the train or bus. I last took the bus years ago and remember the wait to get on a bus back into the city was ridiculous. But it would logically seem to be a shorter wait than the train since the buses run continuously and the train can only run intermittently. Just wondering if anyone had more first hand knowledge of each. Thanks!

18. Welcome to J-Ville

Welcome to J-Ville New Member

Train coming back from the game is not too bad. They keep pouring people into them, and they maintain a pretty steady flow. Much better then the bus atleast.

19. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

There is a train and I have taken it twice and you bet it runs like every other game. Meadownlands to seacuse switch trains to goto penn station its very easy

20. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

you=idiot

The train has been up and running all season, it's a shuttle from Secaucus. It stops in front of the new meadowlands closer to gate a. Not sure if it's in service for Sunday night.

edit..train is in service sunday... see below post for details

#20 concussion80, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010