Bengals...ready to close out year with road win

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Royal Tee, Jan 1, 2010.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Nice post!

I believe we cannot abandon the run, no matter how effective they are against it. If we give them a heavy dose of play action I would say that DK will have a good day with the short passes. Use their aggressiveness against them with some counters and once they stop pursuing so aggressively the running lanes will open up.

We cannot ask MS to win the game for us at this point. We have a good recipe for success and I think it should not change for this game. :up:

2. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

right on the money. we have a pretty dominant defense that can win us games if we aren't giving cincy the ball with good field position. there is nothing wrong with grinding out a few drives and then pinning them deep with a punt. one thing we have all seen is that even when the run games looks like shit we still always end up with 150-200 yards when everything is said and done. patience with the run game is key because sanchez is not ready to win a game for us at this point.

3. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

I agree about patience in the run game. You have to commit to running the ball and keep banging. Its starts out with small gains, but by the 3rd Q TJ starts to rip 10-12 yd pickups. Still Sanchez will have to be effective for the Jets to win. Less than 20 pass attempts but they have to be completed. Schotty has got to have some quick passes in the playbook that Sanchez can use effectively.

4. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Looking at it fairly, it would be absolutely ridiculous for the Bengals to play any of their big players any more then one series. The Jet matchup the next week, in Cincinnati is a much better matchup for them, then playing like Pittsburgh or Baltimore. On top of that, they can rest their players while the Jets have to play everyone and then come back and play them again in 6 days.

5. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

I'm in the minority here, but I think Cincinnati needs to get some momentum going into the playoffs and will go all in because they've been shaky the past few weeks. If they beat the Jets they won't have to worry about playing them again.

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And he has shown to fuck things up to a colossal degree in such a situation throughout his entire tenure at the Jets OC except that one 10-6 season he somehow concocted.

7. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Speaking of DK and short passes... do we even call TE quickouts at all? You know, those plays Boomer would audible to fry blitzing defenses at will. (And he was damn good at that too, if you mind) I have real hard time spotting DK in the shallow field when Sanchez is in trouble.

8. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don't think we call many outs at all, however last week MS completed 9 passes in a row and most were of the short variety, 5-10 yards.

#28 Red Menace, Jan 2, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2010
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

correction. The only person who could f*CK this game up is Mark Sanchez. 4 INTS against starters or back ups, is very possible and could result in a big, fat, embarrassing L.

10. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

Sanchez could definately go out there and lay an egg. However he could also go out there and make a statement as to how good he is about to become....

11. Penny2Moss

Penny2Moss New Member

Sanchez better bring his A game.........

12. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

What the article fails to mention is that we are a bad matchup for the Bengals. Palmer is good and doesn't make alot of mistakes but he doesn't light it up like Brees or Rivers. We are also very good at shutting down the run. I would expect Benson will have some success as he has against every team this year but to think he'll run wild over us is crazy.

While I do think the Bengals will want to win and gain some momentum a loss here while trying to win the game could be disheartening for them. Knowing in the back of their minds that they tried to beat the Jets and couldn't may have disastrous consequences. It's a real fine that Lewis is walking but my guess is the Bengals will go all out for a half and essentially try to bring the starters to the bench with the lead and a good feeling may be what we see in this game.